Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS Protected VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS Protected VPS?

I'm looking for a VPS that has over 150Gbps of DDoS Protection. Already tried OVH, BlazingFast but they dont help. Any suggestions would help, anyway the VPS will be used as a VPN for gaming, preferably datacenter would be around United States but anywhere else is fine. I appreciate anyone who helps.

Comments

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

What was your problem with OVH? I'm not sure you can find a better game server protection for a low price.

• @FHR said:
    What was your problem with OVH? I'm not sure you can find a better game server protection for a low price.

Whenever i get attacked, mitigation kicks in and it causes me to lag out and the OVH drops connection for like 5 seconds and then it comes back.

• Attacking and getting attacked is obviously half the fun.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

What was size of the attacks?

• @deank said:

Estimately 110Gbps

• deankdeank Member, Troll

At that size, I think you are probably need to pay a substantial amount.

• @deank said:

Or use an OVH / Voxility reseller (or the actual brands too).

• @Crandolph said:

@deank said:

This is the worst idea I've ever heard. Voxility is no where near a decent solution for something like this when they block half the world under heavy floods most of the times and OP also already stated that OVH drops out for 5 seconds whilst mitigation kicks in.

You could try out Psychz or a Psychz reseller for within the USA.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@6ixth A reseller / someone who uses Psychz network would be better, otherwise he would have to pay the $25-50+ for inline/permanent mitigation.

• @Murxei1 said:

@deank said:

Estimately 110Gbps

I bet you could devide that by 20.

Thanked by 3Ole_Juul FHR lazyt
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

We use DDG for our network, and have successfully repelled attacks of over 250Gbit that lasted many hours. No noticeable effect to the network. But it's located in Europe... not sure if it would work well enough for you if you're in USA.

• graphicgraphic Member
    edited February 2018
  • On ovh you were probably behind their normal anti-ddos. Find a reseller that sells game anti-ddos on the ovh network.

• @6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@deank said:

This is the worst idea I've ever heard. Voxility is no where near a decent solution for something like this when they block half the world under heavy floods most of the times and OP also already stated that OVH drops out for 5 seconds whilst mitigation kicks in.

Hurr durr it's called OVH game.

Also Voxility is still not that bad bud. I've used BuyVM and Voxility quite a while.

Not a great network, but decent DDoS protection.

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited February 2018

@Crandolph said:

@6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@deank said:

Also Voxility is still not that bad bud. I've used BuyVM and Voxility quite a while.

Voxility is good for different use cases and this is most definitely not one of them (which is why many major providers like BlazingFast & Zare left them). OVH Game is no different, OVH Game is made to host game servers, not VPN traffic making it no different than OVH Pro. OVH Game is only different on specific supported ports as they have manually configured their filters to those games and no other traffic.

Most providers take 1-5 seconds to detect DDoS, even in-line solutions but it all depends on the appliances they are using. Some are 1 second, some are 1-3 seconds and some are 1-5 seconds. Your issue is that there aren't many providers who provide 150Gbps of protection at cheaper prices like OVH & Voxility do so I don't even know if Psychz will be able to offer you this at a cheap price, or a reseller but feel free to give it a bash. I feel sorry for the guy who's booting you offline with over 100Gbps of power over a game tho LOL.

• @6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@deank said:

Voxility is good for different use cases and this is most definitely not one of them (which is why many major providers like BlazingFast & Zare left them). OVH Game is no different, OVH Game is made to host game servers, not VPN traffic making it no different than OVH Pro. OVH Game is only different on specific supported ports as they have manually configured their filters to those games and no other traffic.

Most providers take 1-5 seconds to detect DDoS, even in-line solutions but it all depends on the appliances they are using. Some are 1 second, some are 1-3 seconds and some are 1-5 seconds. Your issue is that there aren't many providers who provide 150Gbps of protection at cheaper prices like OVH & Voxility do so I don't even know if Psychz will be able to offer you this at a cheap price, or a reseller but feel free to give it a bash. I feel sorry for the guy who's booting you offline with over 100Gbps of power over a game tho LOL.

Seriously, let's talk about who your pissing off / playing games with.

You can't buy a $5 booter from HackForums and get constant 100Gbps lol.

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

You'll need a Dedicated Server for that much mitigation...

• @PhotonVPS said:
    You'll need a Dedicated Server for that much mitigation...

What makes a VPS and a Dedicated Server different from DDoS Attacks? I've never had a Dedi so i don't know anything about them.

• @Murxei1 said:
    What makes a VPS and a Dedicated Server different from DDoS Attacks? I've never had a Dedi so i don't know anything about them.

The server itself only has you on it and therefore can take more traffic actually hitting the server without touching other clients (you are not sharing the same hardware). On the network or outside of the server, there's not much of a difference unless it's in services offered by the provider.

• Have you tried using a host that uses Corero DDoS protection?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I'm fairly sure blazingfast left because they got kicked off.

They are very well known for hosting booters and a lot of other malicious garbage. They got kicked off, moved to Staminus (when it existed), then moved back behind Voxility through an upstream.

Francisco

Thanked by 2MikeA Jake4
  • Did you try Ramnode? They got 100gbit of psychz filtering via tunnel.

• Crandolph said: Seriously, let's talk about who your pissing off / playing games with.

Gamers.

Crandolph said: You can't buy a $5 booter from HackForums and get constant 100Gbps lol.

Those aren't real Gigabits any more than they're real bullets.

• @Francisco said:
    I'm fairly sure blazingfast left because they got kicked off.

They are very well known for hosting booters and a lot of other malicious garbage. They got kicked off, moved to Staminus (when it existed), then moved back behind Voxility through an upstream.

Francisco

Rip Staminus :(

• @JoeMerit said:
    Did you try Ramnode? They got 100gbit of psychz filtering via tunnel.

I did. Got dropped by a regular UDP attack

• @Jake4 said:
    Have you tried using a host that uses Corero DDoS protection?

Yep but im using OVH Game for now

• @Crandolph said:

@6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@deank said:

Seriously, let's talk about who your pissing off / playing games with.

You can't buy a $5 booter from HackForums and get constant 100Gbps lol.

This is false. Hackforums removed stresser marketplace after mirai incident and booters listed in other marketplaces are not as strong as they used to be in HF due less people finding out about them and therefore less paying users. 5$ package gets you 2Gbps if youre lucky. 10 Gbps anti-ddos should be enough against random kids.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@stefeman There are other forums that took their place though.

• @Jake4 said:
    Have you tried using a host that uses Corero DDoS protection?

Nope

• @6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@6ixth said:

@Crandolph said:

@deank said:

Do u know any Psychz resellers?