Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH OpenVPN disconnects when getting DDoS'd - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH OpenVPN disconnects when getting DDoS'd

13»

Comments

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@Murxei1 said:

@FHR said:

@Murxei1 said:

@FHR said:
    I haven't tested this, but it should work.

Attach two IPs to an OVH server:

• One for you to connect to (via OpenVPN, GRE, L2TP, IPIP, SSH...). Turn on the firewall and whitelist your home IP, block everything else.
    • One for communicating with the outside world. Turn on permanent mitigation.

This way the AntiDDOS will not interfere with your tunnel. There's still no guarantee that it won't kick you out from the game though.

So I buy an extra IP to my VPS Plan? Or what do u mean by attach?

Yes.

Block everything else as in block all IPv4 and just whitelist my home IP?

Yes, for IP A.

The way you want to set it up:
    Your computer sends data via OpenVPN to IP A of your server. The server then communicates with the outside world using IP B (with permanent mitigation on). The data then returns using IP A, via OpenVPN back to your computer.

• @FHR said:

@Murxei1 said:

@FHR said:

@Murxei1 said:

@FHR said:
    I haven't tested this, but it should work.

Attach two IPs to an OVH server:

• One for you to connect to (via OpenVPN, GRE, L2TP, IPIP, SSH...). Turn on the firewall and whitelist your home IP, block everything else.
    • One for communicating with the outside world. Turn on permanent mitigation.

This way the AntiDDOS will not interfere with your tunnel. There's still no guarantee that it won't kick you out from the game though.

So I buy an extra IP to my VPS Plan? Or what do u mean by attach?

Yes.

Block everything else as in block all IPv4 and just whitelist my home IP?

Yes, for IP A.

The way you want to set it up:
    Your computer sends data via OpenVPN to IP A of your server. The server then communicates with the outside world using IP B (with permanent mitigation on). The data then returns using IP A, via OpenVPN back to your computer.

Thanks

• AlexJonesAlexJones Member
    edited February 2018

@Murxei1 said:

@inept said:
    Had similar issues until services were swapped to ovh game firewall. I chose extravm and it worked for me. I've heard great things for bungeecloud but then again i have not had the chance to perform a test.

I tried ExtraVM and didnt work. Maybe its the location or something of where the OVH is located because I always get Canada?

Still haven't seen any screenshots of your firewall rules. Either post proof you added openvpn to the rules or have fun getting your nfo nulled for being a cheater.

• @AlexJones said:

@Murxei1 said:

@inept said:
    Had similar issues until services were swapped to ovh game firewall. I chose extravm and it worked for me. I've heard great things for bungeecloud but then again i have not had the chance to perform a test.

I tried ExtraVM and didnt work. Maybe its the location or something of where the OVH is located because I always get Canada?

Still haven't seen any screenshots of your firewall rules. Either post proof you added openvpn to the rules or have fun getting your nfo nulled for being a cheater.

I did add 443 and 1194 into my firewall rules lmao. Have fun getting my NFO nulled when you can't even null?

• @Murxei1 said:

@AlexJones said:

@Murxei1 said:

@inept said:

I did add 443 and 1194 into my firewall rules lmao. Have fun getting my NFO nulled when you can't even null?

To the game firewall or the reg one. And I was referring to others ddosing you. Seems @OP isn't too bright.

• @AlexJones said:

@Murxei1 said:

@AlexJones said:

@Murxei1 said:

@inept said:

To the game firewall or the reg one. And I was referring to others ddosing you. Seems @OP isn't too bright.

There's a "Network Firewall" and a "Game Firewall". I added it to the "Network Firewall" because Game Firewall is only for games so idk how to do it there. I would appreciate if you can help me out with this. It doesn't disconnect the OVH but it disconnects me from games and parties on Xbox One after a DDoS Attack(After 5 minutes the attack goes through).

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Murxei1 You have 1194 and 443 to the game firewall with the "Other" rule yes? If not you need that, but I assume you already had it previously in place.

• AlexJonesAlexJones Member
    edited February 2018

@MikeA said:
    @Murxei1 You have 1194 and 443 to the game firewall with the "Other" rule yes? If not you need that, but I assume you already had it previously in place.

He just admitted he didn't lol. Honestly at this point just add it to the game FW for him @MikeA I don't want him coming back.

• @MikeA said:

So like this?

https://ibb.co/dVkVxc

Thats the pic of the game firewall

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Murxei3 That does every port from 443 to 1194, but sure that'll work.

• @MikeA said:
    @Murxei3 That does every port from 443 to 1194, but sure that'll work.

Ye, my bad. I already switched it to 443 and 1194 only.

• Hello I have the same issue, anyone found a fix now ?

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@lockx said:
    Hello I have the same issue, anyone found a fix now ?

How many more threads are you going to attempt to bring back to life years later ?

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @lockx said:
    Hello I have the same issue, anyone found a fix now ?

Not cheating in multiplayer games.

Thanked by 1TimboJones