Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH OpenVPN disconnects when getting DDoS'd - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH OpenVPN disconnects when getting DDoS'd

Comments

• @Edmond said:
    Why are you even being DDoS in the first place for using a private VPN??? I never get a DDoS attack when I use my VPN so I don't get any protection against that stuff. Only need that stuff for running public services that attract that stuff...

Because i use it for gaming and people just do it because they think they're tough or they just do it for sportsmanship or reputation. Either or they fail since I have an NFO(110Gbps) yet I've had 2 people who can take it down without a problem. That's why I want something stronger.

• @murxei1 hmm.... you must be playing too much that it's pissing people off, haven't heard of my friends have a issue with an attack on their connection.

@SplitIce how are you with handing a pissed off gamer which wants to do anything, including illegal stuff, to win?
    I mean the client could get a cheap VPS, connect to it with the IP assigned to the VPS with OpenVPN and route all internet connections over your tunnel. Problem solved if you can handle random pissed gamers who attack people.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

OpenVPN isn't really ideal for DDoS stability. You want to try and minimise stream based layers as loss which may only occur for a few seconds during the learning period (or higher with certain companies) can disconnects as a stream inside stream recovers.

Unfortunately though most consumer routers only support L2TP or OpenVPN which limits your options.

@Edmond We don't normally target that particular use case. It's entirely possible, but you have to know what you are doing technically. Consumer ISPs & hardware offer alot of challenges and there is very little in the way of debugging / troubleshooting.

• @SplitIce guess it's possible in some way, but I have a feeling OP isn't going to be able to get it to work.

• @Edmond said:
    @murxei1 hmm.... you must be playing too much that it's pissing people off, haven't heard of my friends have a issue with an attack on their connection.

They get mad because I usually have aimbot or godmode on my RGH and it pisses them off so all they can do is DDoS.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Murxei1 said:

@Edmond said:
    @murxei1 hmm.... you must be playing too much that it's pissing people off, haven't heard of my friends have a issue with an attack on their connection.

They get mad because I usually have aimbot or godmode on my RGH and it pisses them off so all they can do is DDoS.

So you're getting DDoS'd because you're cheating in games... it all makes sense now.

• @MikeA said:

@Murxei1 said:

@Edmond said:

So you're getting DDoS'd because you're cheating in games... it all makes sense now.

Yes, every DDoS'er I've contributed with has cheats as well, not just me.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited February 2018

This thread is fun, more cheats please.

Have you considered playing fair and maybe people won't DDoS you that hard / often?

• kalimov622 said: Have you considered playing fair and maybe people won't DDoS you that hard / often?

That's not how it's done.

• @Ole_Juul said:

kalimov622 said: Have you considered playing fair and maybe people won't DDoS you that hard / often?

The more you get DDoSed, the more you cheat right? That's how it actually works!

• You can use strongswan, it used ipsec technology, may be it work fine.

• @robert4u said:
    You can use strongswan, it used ipsec technology, may be it work fine.

I'll try it, thanks for the suggestion. Nothing has worked for now. Not even using the Firewall, sucks. It works for others except me like wow

• @Edmond said:

@Ole_Juul said:

kalimov622 said: Have you considered playing fair and maybe people won't DDoS you that hard / often?

The more you get DDoSed, the more you cheat right? That's how it actually works!

Yeah but either or, people would still try because they want me to play by their rules but i don't so they try to DDoS me.

• My OVH doesn't disconnect, it stays on but after like 15 minutes of getting attacked, the connection drops and everything lags me out yet im still connected to the VPN/OVH but not able to use internet connectivity to my console nor PC

• Had similar issues until services were swapped to ovh game firewall. I chose extravm and it worked for me. I've heard great things for bungeecloud but then again i have not had the chance to perform a test.

@inept said:
    I've heard great things for bungeecloud but then again i have not had the chance to perform a test.

You may want to contact them and mention that WHMCS's license verification says their domain isn't authorized.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@inept said:
    Had similar issues until services were swapped to ovh game firewall. I chose extravm and it worked for me. I've heard great things for bungeecloud but then again i have not had the chance to perform a test.

And if they are on LET please do tag them ! Thanks!

Thanked by 1First-Root
  • @inept said:
    Had similar issues until services were swapped to ovh game firewall. I chose extravm and it worked for me. I've heard great things for bungeecloud but then again i have not had the chance to perform a test.

I tried ExtraVM and didnt work. Maybe its the location or something of where the OVH is located because I always get Canada?

@Murxei1 Huh? If you choose Canada on the order form that is where it's setup.

• @MikeA said:

I know but I just dont get why OVH doesnt work for me and it does for other people that play Xbox.

• @Murxei1 does SSH work when your DDoSed? You could tunnel your VPN connection over a SSH tunnel or just use the SSH tunnel as a SOCKS5 proxy.

• @Murxei1 said:

@MikeA said:

I know but I just dont get why OVH doesnt work for me and it does for other people that play Xbox.

So you expect PSN/Xbox to let you play from a datacentre IP? The question they’ll be asking is why 1) you can’t play from your residential IP and 2) why you’re modifying the game (which isn’t legal anyway) to cheat. If you see someone cheat, it doesn’t mean that you should too.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • @MikeA said:

@inept said:
    I've heard great things for bungeecloud but then again i have not had the chance to perform a test.

You may want to contact them and mention that WHMCS's license verification says their domain isn't authorized.

I'm sure they are fully aware, however I did not. Thanks for the information! Either way for openvpn udp 1194 extravm worked fine whether under an attack from hosting lobbies or browsing the web.

• @doghouch said:

@Murxei1 said:

@MikeA said:

So you expect PSN/Xbox to let you play from a datacentre IP? The question they’ll be asking is why 1) you can’t play from your residential IP and 2) why you’re modifying the game (which isn’t legal anyway) to cheat. If you see someone cheat, it doesn’t mean that you should too.

Yes I do because there's so many booters on Xbox, plus Microsoft & Playstation can't stop them.

• @Edmond said:
    @Murxei1 does SSH work when your DDoSed? You could tunnel your VPN connection over a SSH tunnel or just use the SSH tunnel as a SOCKS5 proxy.

SSH doesnt work when getting DDoS'ed

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

I haven't tested this, but it should work.

Attach two IPs to an OVH server:

• One for you to connect to (via OpenVPN, GRE, L2TP, IPIP, SSH...). Turn on the firewall and whitelist your home IP, block everything else.

• One for communicating with the outside world. Turn on permanent mitigation.

This way the AntiDDOS will not interfere with your tunnel. There's still no guarantee that it won't kick you out from the game though.

• @FHR said:

• One for you to connect to (via OpenVPN, GRE, L2TP, IPIP, SSH...). Turn on the firewall and whitelist your home IP, block everything else.

This way the AntiDDOS will not interfere with your tunnel. There's still no guarantee that it won't kick you out from the game though.

So I buy an extra IP to my VPS Plan? Or what do u mean by attach?

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@Murxei1 said:

@FHR said:

Yes.

• @FHR said:

@Murxei1 said:

@FHR said:

Yes.

Block everything else as in block all IPv4 and just whitelist my home IP?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Murxei1 said: aimbot or godmode on my RGH

You can leave, now

Thanked by 3Aidan MCHPhil Zen