Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus - Brace yourselves. Heading to America! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus - Brace yourselves. Heading to America!

13»

Comments

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2013

@jcaleb said:
    or soon?

soon (tm) was already taken, had to go with maybe (tm) :-)

@GuanYu said:
    And plenty other hosts at same location. I like Italy, it was something new in LEB world but Dallas is just meh...

if it was to offer diversity for vps presence, then maybe (tm) you're right. But since the location is looked for an iwStack zone, Dallas was a good start imho, overall connection to usa and europe is good and incero has been supportive so far. :-)

Now please go forward and try our DALLASZ3, you'll see that it will taste different from the other vps in Dallas :P

• @Jack Checking dates before posting isn't a bad idea :)

• @srvrpro said:
    Jack Checking dates before posting isn't a bad idea :)

Unless dun-dun-dun! he was asking for an update as to whether Dallas proved to be a suitable location?

• Nekki said: Unless dun-dun-dun! he was asking for an update as to whether Dallas proved to be a suitable location?

Then there's a new invention. They're still figuring out a name for it but for now its called PM. Better than pulling up a 3 months old thread.

• @srvrpro said:
    Then there's a new invention. They're still figuring out a name for it but for now its called PM. Better than pulling up a 3 months old thread.

Stop being miserable. I would also like to know whether Prometeus will be moving elsewhere in the US. I fully endorse Jack's actions.

• Nekki said: Stop being miserable. I would also like to know whether Prometeus will be moving elsewhere in the US. I fully endorse Jack's actions.

I just commented, I don't think I offended him or talked rudely. If in case you got offended, trust me I don't care :)

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Jack said:
    Is it good enough?

things were a bit slow there, the location is good from the service point of view. Working on it :-)

• glad to hear that, I hope it will be west cost.

• @srvrpro said:
    I just commented, I don't think I offended him or talked rudely. If in case you got offended, trust me I don't care :)

Offended by someone on the internet? Nah, that's for amateurs.

You still sound miserable though. Turn that frown upside down.

• @Nekki Thank you for calling me miserable. I highly appreciate your assumption and admit I'm miserable. Does that make you happy or do you have something else to prove?

• @srvrpro said:
    Nekki Thank you for calling me miserable. I highly appreciate your assumption and admit I'm miserable. Does that make you happy or do you have something else to prove?

It makes me happy because acknowledgement is the first step towards recovery. Together, we'll make tomorrow a lighter, brighter day :-)

• ayikayik Member
    edited December 2013

offered migration server or not ?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Hello !

When IWStack will be provided in another location, you will be able to migrate your own instance, though, sadly, IPs wont be transferable, but you should be able to make a template and deploy it elsewhere.
    As for the regular non-cloud VPSes, we already moved around quite a few, but this is not self-service, you will need to open a ticket and IPs are not transferable too.
    One more thing, before we roll out our own IPs in US, if you move, there will be 2 IP changes, the one from RIPE to ARIN and then to our Iperweb LLC allocation. We just got them, will be rolled out on the next month or so.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited January 2014

Maounique said: We just got them, will be rolled out on the next month or so.

Will this affect already existing Dallas services?

• Jack said: I/O speed : 1.5 GB/s

Thanked by 2drazilox Noerman
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Dylan said:
    Will this affect already existing Dallas services?

Usually, it should, I mean we will probably have to renumber, but we are still trying to find a solution so this will not happen, we will make an announcement when it was decided.

@black said:

I managed 1.9 :) But the server must be empty.

• @alexvolk said:

That's really great that Prometeus extending their location to America!

Hello everyone !

As you probably know already, we launched IaaS services with all the bells and whistles (HA, fail-over, load-balancing, pay by the hour, etc) in our datacenter in Milano, Italy (www.iwstack.com).
    This offers flexible virtualization for almost all possible scenarios, from cheap low end VPS to large scale deployments for professionals, but there is one thing that lacks and this is the choice of locations. We heard you and now we are heading to America!

We plan to extend our IaaS cloud over there, but only after we find the perfect location. This will need a few field tests with real load and this is where we need your feedback to help decide.

That is right, we are opening services in Dallas (TX), with two of our best selling OVZ plans with SSD in order to test the reliability of the location and the quality of the network all over the world.
    Note that these services will stay in place, we do not plan to discontinue OVZ even if we choose not to deploy IWStack over there.

Plans available for now in Dallas are here:
    https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php?gid=18

Orders will be provisioned and approved manually and provisioned in 24-48 hours max.

Thank you for your collaboration, any feedback will be appreciated.

Best regards

Salvatore

Come to miami this is a door to latin america, i can get you a good quote for a data center

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited March 2014

@prometeus, if you are going to put iwstack in the US, please consider:

1) NYC/NJ

2) LA/San Diego ... anywhere on the "left" coast

3) TX: middle America & somewhat South America (though many argue that Miami is better connected to South America routing-wise)

@prometeus said:

• @geekalot, have you read the new rules regarding signatures?

Signatures may contain only text, with a maximum of two lines, and hyperlinks, with a maximum of three in total.
  • No, I haven't

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • We'll surely to topup the credit if they on somewhere within the US