Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus - Brace yourselves. Heading to America! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus - Brace yourselves. Heading to America!

Comments

• @Maounique you mean you don't like rolling in piles of cash? :P

• Does having a location in ths US make you vulnerable to threats by the US government? Is the data on my Italy VPS still safe?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2013

Nothing has changed regarding EU servers, but I think you should not be worried about us being vulnerable to US threats, you should be worried the Italian government might be.
    People were kidnapped in the streets of Rome by CIA, I think nothing is safe anywhere.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Does having a location in ths US make you vulnerable to threats by the US government? Is the data on my Italy VPS still safe?

We don't move any data over there, even when the cloud services will be active you'll choose the zone where your instance/storage need to be created.

:)

• This is the example for the severbear on DallasZ3 / 384MB :

• @Maounique said:

I think nothing is safe anywhere.

Brazil seems to be a good bet. ;-)

I <3 SSD!

• @Maounique said:
    Besides, they dont give visas to godless terrorists.

You don't need a visa for the US as EU citizen, also applies to newer EU (BG/RO).

• @Willaim yes, you do. We've been promised for years that the visas would be removed, but this is still not the case.

• Sweet Lincoln's Mullet!! 1.8 GB/s disk I/O Very nice.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited September 2013

Signed up for it last night, very satisfied with what I've received but I guess you can always say that about Prometeus :) I'm still hanging on to one of their 50 cent plans as well :)

• Please consider New Jersey!

• @sonicthought said:
    Please consider New Jersey!

Most of the servers in New Jersey are built around financial centers. I do not really see the huge advantage of NJ server, living in NJ my self I dont find it very useful, unless you are on dial up [lol].

for NJ, i even use France/NL servers and still get nice .
    NY or South of USA have good servers, I don't trust Chicago Servers or Atlanta since most of the spammers originate from there and I never had any good luck with them, but that's a personal experience.

• @Tenshi_420 said:
    I don't trust Chicago Servers or Atlanta since most of the spammers originate from there

Wat?

• @jimpop said:
    Wat?

I mean allot of cheap and massive providers for low end VPS and allot of attacks/flood/port scans [kiddies] just dont worry.

• @Tenshi_420 said:

I mean allot of cheap and massive providers for low end VPS and allot of attacks/flood/port scans [kiddies] just dont worry.

I don't think that it unique to Atlanta and Chicago. Do you have some data?

I don't think we can cover more than one US location with iwStack, is a very expensive deploy (both in time/work and hardware), so if Dallas prove to be good enough no more location will be tried :-)

• Throw my vote in for New Jersey too.

@texteditor said:
    Throw my vote in for New Jersey too.

Do you have some spare room at home? :-)

• @prometeus said:
    Do you have some spare room at home? :-)

Choopa is very popular amongst NJ DCs, which also doesn't seem to mind tanking some DDoS :-)

• Dallas can adequately cover NJ (and all of North America). If you are going to invest more resources, rather than "doubling up" in one geographic region, why not invest in Asia, South America, or Australia?

@jimpop said:
    Dallas can adequately cover NJ (and all of North America). If you are going to invest more resources, rather than "doubling up" in one geographic region, why not invest in Asia, South America, or Australia?

Please don't disclose our plans ;-)

• We're gonna expanding to Asia?? :D

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    We're gonna expanding to Asia?? :D

maybe ;-)

• DylanDylan Member
    edited September 2013

If they were choosing two US locations I'd be all for New Jersey and something else, but with one location picking somewhere central (like Dallas) that provides the best possible latency to the entire country is a much better idea.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2013

@Dylan said:
    If they were choosing two US locations I'd be all for New Jersey and something else, but with one location picking somewhere central (like Dallas) that provides the best possible latency to the entire country is a much better idea.

My thoughts exactly, and is not far from miami either. The only issue with dallas was so far IPv6. If that is the only problem and we check all other requirements, we will most likely stay there. From Milano we dont do so bad on the east coast and Dallas does even better.

We will not put 2 IWStack deployments in US. At least not in the foreseeable future.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Maounique Doesn't Incero allow you to have ipv6 for a $200 setup fee or for free if you wait for them to automate it?

@Fliphost said:
    Maounique Doesn't Incero allow you to have ipv6 for a $200 setup fee or for free if you wait for them to automate it?

yes, waiting for the manual setup :-)

• Sounds great. I will have another server from them

• @prometeus said:
    maybe ;-)

or soon?

• @Maounique said:
    The only issue with dallas was so far IPv6.

And plenty other hosts at same location. I like Italy, it was something new in LEB world but Dallas is just meh...