Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with 200GB+ HDD, private tracker friendly, preferably EU location - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with 200GB+ HDD, private tracker friendly, preferably EU location

2»

Comments

• cociu said: 1tb hdd for 4.5 eur /mo for you pm and i will give you the link (only for you ) so others please do not ask me ...

how about for me?

• @ZiriusPH said:

cociu said: 1tb hdd for 4.5 eur /mo for you pm and i will give you the link (only for you ) so others please do not ask me ...

how about for me?

No.

• Can I hijack Nekki's thread since he actually gets replies?

LF dedicated with 4TB space. 10TB Bandwidth. 1gbps port. cpu and ram w/e.

• Nekki said: I can't have this traffic near the main server.

I'd be interested to know what the worst case scenario is with the above. Asking because I think of doing something like that myself, and (famous last words) "what could possibly go wrong?". You're probably right though.

I have an 8 euro/m flash-sale KS-2E in Roubaix that I think of getting rid of. Don't know if it's transferable.

• @willie said:

Nekki said: I can't have this traffic near the main server.

I'd be interested to know what the worst case scenario is with the above. Asking because I think of doing something like that myself, and (famous last words) "what could possibly go wrong?". You're probably right though.

The main server is doing Plex duty plus a lot of backup transfers and I don’t want that traffic interrupted by sudden bursts of torrent activity.

The other thing is that server is nearly full, and I don’t want to retain two copies of the same files (1 for the torrent, a copy elsewhere for Plex).

• williewillie Member
    edited February 2018

Nekki said: The main server is doing Plex duty plus a lot of backup transfers and I don’t want that traffic interrupted by sudden bursts of torrent activity.

Hmm ok, but if the torrent is going through an OVH VPS, it will be limited by the 100mbps VPS port, and the main server has lots of headroom above that.

Nekki said: two copies of the same files

Would some links (instead of copies) in the torrent directory take care of that?

Anyway, yeah, more storage servers is always good. One can never have too many.

• @willie said:

Nekki said: The main server is doing Plex duty plus a lot of backup transfers and I don’t want that traffic interrupted by sudden bursts of torrent activity.

Hmm ok, but if the torrent is going through an OVH VPS, it will be limited by the 100mbps VPS port, and the main server has lots of headroom above that.

True, but if I’m having an additional VPS I may as well seggregate it totally.

Nekki said: two copies of the same files

Would some links (instead of copies) in the torrent directory take care of that?

No - anime torrents are rarely named in a way Plex likes.

• Someone should make a plex alternative that's anime friendly.

• @Ewok said:
    Someone should make a plex alternative that's anime friendly.

The problem isn’t really Plex, it’s the scrapers used to provide show data; they’re all designed for traditional Western shows, and anime often doesn’t fit the format.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

My biggest gripe with Plex is with the way it handles two episodes in one file.

Still counts the single file as both episodes in Plex, but it'll play the same file twice instead of skipping the second episode.

• If it's just a matter of filenames, would links still not work? The links can have different names than the linked-to files.

What is the issue with Plex and anime if it's not too off-topic for here? I've been mulling over the idea of a Plex alternative for nerds (i.e. wouldn't have quite the same goals) so would like to know what issues to look out for.

• @AuroraZ it's that nobody loves you. Everybody loves @Nekki!

• @Ewok said:
    Can I hijack Nekki's thread since he actually gets replies?

LF dedicated with 4TB space. 10TB Bandwidth. 1gbps port. cpu and ram w/e.

+1 lmk if you find.

• Ewok said: LF dedicated with 4TB space. 10TB Bandwidth. 1gbps port. cpu and ram w/e.

Worldstream?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited February 2018

Nekki said: I was am spending waaaay to much per month so I needed to make some hard decisions

I am doing a bit of spring cleaning as well.

Just cancelled 2 storage VPS - 1TB each with @cociu and @treudler yesterday along with a couple of KS-2e dedis.

Also, cancelled a Hetzner EX41SSD and one of the SAS based Online specials this week -
    lost some money to the French, because of their stupid cancellation rules though.

On the bright side, both my KS-3c specials at BHS continue to work perfectly @ 1Gbit speeds. So, hurrah, I guess?

• @WSS I can see that just more to add to my list of DO NOT TOUCH with Nekki's penis.

• @K4Y5 said:

Nekki said: I was am spending waaaay to much per month so I needed to make some hard decisions

Just cancelled 2 storage VPS - 1TB each with @cociu and @treudler yesterday along with a couple of KS-2e dedis.

Also, cancelled a Hetzner EX41SSD and one of the SAS based Online specials this week -
    lost some money to the French, because of their stupid cancellation rules though.

On the bright side, both my KS-3c specials at BHS continue to work perfectly @ 1Gbit speeds. So, hurrah, I guess?

Ks-3c accidental gbit port right?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited February 2018

@Xei said:

@K4Y5 said:

Ks-3c accidental gbit port right?

I don't think it was an accident. Both of them had 100Mbit port speed when I bought them. It actually happened after a brief outage, a few months of having them, (Probably due to a switch upgrade?) that I noticed the significantly improved speeds on both the servers simultaneously.

• edited February 2018

For pure torrenting/downloading/uploading usage, how about Liteserver.nl:

https://www.liteserver.nl/en/storage-vps-series-openvz-vps/

• 1 CPU
    • 256 MB RAM
    • 256 MB SWAP
    • 200GB HDD
    • 2TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps Shared
    • 7.50 EUR/Quarter.

Using recurring 30% off code 30XMASBALLS and paying for a year, it comes to 19,11 EUR (23.81 USD) annually.

• @willie said:
    If it's just a matter of filenames, would links still not work? The links can have different names than the linked-to files.

In principle that’d work, in practice it sounds like a goodly amount of buggering around instead of me spending a few dollars. It makes DR slightly more complicated too.

‘Slightly’ is all the justification I need to spend a few dollars to make things more straight-forward.

What is the issue with Plex and anime if it's not too off-topic for here? I've been mulling over the idea of a Plex alternative for nerds (i.e. wouldn't have quite the same goals) so would like to know what issues to look out for.

The file naming structure Plex expects is not typically applicable to anime series, and the web services used to scrape metadata for the series aren’t designed with anime in mind so end up making a mess of a number of elements. You can always manually correct these things, but it’s a pain in the arse.

I suspect these issues won’t apply to anything you put together as advertising the contents of your media server to a 3rd party sounds like something you’d swerve.

• daffydaffy Member
    edited February 2018

@Nekki said:

daffy said: Opting for the rimjob, I assume?

We need to talk about valuations there; rimming's a very personal thing, so we may need a testing session to see what you think I'm worth.

For sure, I'd need a trial run. Of course, if you have suggestions for alternate payment methods I'm all ears.

The offer still stands though.
    1GB
    Could push it to 500GB HDD (I'm not using it anyway)
    1 IPv4 (IPv6 also available if you want)
    We could agree on bandwidth, I'm not measuring it as of now.
    LXC or KVM, your choice.
    Located in Norway.

• Nekki said:

‘Slightly’ is all the justification I need to spend a few dollars to make things more straight-forward.

Yes, the offer you got with a TB of space is actually just 1 euro or so more expensive than an OVH vps with 10gb of (admittedly ssd) space.

Nekki said:

I suspect these issues won’t apply to anything you put together as advertising the contents of your media server to a 3rd party sounds like something you’d swerve.

To some extent I'd consider my library contents to be less private than the specific tracks/dates/times that I'm actually listening/viewing. Or I could split the library into public and private parts. Other users might well be more interested in sharing their libraries, so part of my idea is to support that in what I think is a cool and nerdy way.

• have you tried using this as a seedbox?