Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with 200GB+ HDD, private tracker friendly, preferably EU location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with 200GB+ HDD, private tracker friendly, preferably EU location

I'm looking for a VPS with a decent chunk of HDD for generally light torrenting on a private tracker for unlicensed anime fansubs, so very unlikely to attract any attention from anyone.

Usage will be very low, with just the odd burst of activity for a day or two every couple of months when torrents are swapped about. Specific requirements are:

CPU: Don't care
RAM: 1GB
HDD: 200GB+
B/W: 100Mb+
Data transfer: 500GB+
Virtualization: Don't care.

Price: Looking for a price in the ballpark of what a KS-1 will cost me per month (roughly €9/month inc VAT).

Recommendations/offers welcome.

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2018
  • In my mind, I associate Contabo with shite. I'm not sure why that is.

• cociucociu Member
    edited February 2018

1tb hdd for 4.5 eur /mo for you pm and i will give you the link (only for you ) so others please do not ask me ...

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • beaglebeagle Member
    edited February 2018

250GB HDD at $5/m ==> https://hosthatch.com/storage-vps

750GB HDD at €48/yr ==> https://ultravps.eu/order/order.pl?cat=cloudserver_storage&lang=en

Happy user of both providers. ;-)

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2018

@Nekki said:
    In my mind, I associate Contabo with shite. I'm not sure why that is.

With your requirements not being so high atm why not give them a try though?

Ofc @cociu offer seems really nice, too :P

• @beagle said:
    250GB HDD at $5/m ==> https://hosthatch.com/storage-vps

750GB HDD at €48/yr ==> https://ultravps.eu/order/order.pl?cat=cloudserver_storage&lang=en

Happy user of both providers. ;-)

Both not torrent friendly

• Ympker said: With your requirements not being so high atm why not give them a try though?

Because I don't want to encourage shite.

Thanked by 3Ympker beagle brueggus
  • Scaleway? There is currently low stock on c1 in paris and arm64 2gb in both locations. With +150gb volume price will be 6 euros without vat

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Nekki,

I'm hurt! You canceled your storage server with me, and here you are looking for offers... What am I not good enough for you? :'(

• randvegeta said: enough for you? :'(

sorry i am in the top of the list , i am opened to let all sisters for Nekki ..

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@cociu said:

randvegeta said: enough for you? :'(

sorry i am in the top of the list , i am opened to let all sisters for Nekki ..

Have you considered venturing into brother territory?

• MikeA said: Have you considered venturing into brother territory?

dont have money for "vaseline" "cream" whatever

• @randvegeta said:
    @Nekki,

I'm hurt! You canceled your storage server with me, and here you are looking for offers... What am I not good enough for you? :'(

I wrapped up a project I was working on so I couldn’t justify the €40/month anymore was all. Don’t get me wrong, it was a great deal, but I was spending waaaay to much per month so I needed to make some hard decisions.

• @Nekki said:

@randvegeta said:

Which offer? :o

• lion said: Which offer? :o

i3

2x4TB

16GB RAM

100Mb

Lithuania

€40 ex VAT

Lovely server but didn't have a definite use for it anymore, I kept it 3 months longer than I really should have because I didn't want to let it go.

@Nekki said:

lion said: Which offer? :o

i3

2x4TB

16GB RAM

100Mb

Lithuania

€40 ex VAT

Lovely server but didn't have a definite use for it anymore, I kept it 3 months longer than I really should have because I didn't want to let it go.

You want a VPS instead?

• @cociu said:
    1tb hdd for 4.5 eur /mo for you pm and i will give you the link (only for you ) so others please do not ask me ...

Damn you would have been perfect for me

• @randvegeta said:

@Nekki said:

i3

2x4TB

16GB RAM

100Mb

Lithuania

€40 ex VAT

You want a VPS instead?

Your price is 4x what he wants to spend.

• lurch said: Damn you would have been perfect for me

will came verry soon , unfortunatly still have some jobs to complete and after this we will offer it in LET at the same price

Thanked by 3willie tarasis ZiriusPH
  • randvegeta said: You want a VPS instead?

Be interested to hear what the offer is, I'm already well under budget with @cociu's offer, so I've still got pennies to spend.

@WSS said:

@randvegeta said:

@Nekki said:

i3

2x4TB

16GB RAM

100Mb

Lithuania

€40 ex VAT

You want a VPS instead?

Your price is 4x what he wants to spend.

I haven't even made an offer yet...

@Nekki said:

randvegeta said: You want a VPS instead?

Be interested to hear what the offer is, I'm already well under budget with @cociu's offer, so I've still got pennies to spend.

Was gonna offer something for around the universal LET price if $7, but if @cociu is in the running, he's probably doing it for $2 lol.

• randvegeta said: Was gonna offer something for around the universal LET price if $7, but if @cociu is in the running, he's probably doing it for $2 lol.

I can always use more space for torrenting, there's far too much mecha anime that didn't get a release in the West.

• I could give you that for free, you cunt-butler! Got too much idle hardware. I’d only expect a good rimming next time I touch down on the British isles..

• williewillie Member
    edited February 2018

BuyVM LU out of stock, hmm. You've got all that storage with cloudvider-- maybe you could remote mount it from a cheapo OVH or Scaleway VPS? If it's just a few days a month, you could even use Scaleway or OVH sandbox servers on hourly rental. Added: Cociu's offer also sounds great.

• @cociu said:

lurch said: Damn you would have been perfect for me

will came verry soon , unfortunatly still have some jobs to complete and after this we will offer it in LET at the same price

Oooo. Thats good to hear. I will try and keep an eye out for that. TY

• Piss off I ask for this like ten times and get squat. Ya'll can piss right off.

• willie said: BuyVM LU out of stock, hmm.

First place I looked.

willie said: You've got all that storage with cloudvider-- maybe you could remote mount it from a cheapo OVH or Scaleway VPS

I can't have this traffic near the main server. A few bucks extra per month to seperate things is worth it to me.

willie said: If it's just a few days a month, you could even use Scaleway or OVH sandbox servers on hourly rental.

It's not, I need something available for constant seeding, but the activity rate typically very low.

willie said: Added: Cociu's offer also sounds great.

It is. But it's not the best offer I received (he says, cryptically).

• @Nekki said:
    It is. But it's not the best offer I received (he says, cryptically).

Opting for the rimjob, I assume?

• daffy said: Opting for the rimjob, I assume?

We need to talk about valuations there; rimming's a very personal thing, so we may need a testing session to see what you think I'm worth.