Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HardCloud.net | MEGA SALE 1GB RAM KVM VPS @ $4.95 | Windows! OR Linux! | 1Gbps Port! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HardCloud.net | MEGA SALE 1GB RAM KVM VPS @ $4.95 | Windows! OR Linux! | 1Gbps Port!

2»

Comments

• @RobJud said:
    I got my order deployed yesterday morning and I've been playing around with the box and so far so good :) I got a Windows Server 2012. My license is only for 180 days though, so I'm not sure what will happen after that.

Hello RodJud,

Glad you're enjoying your VPS! Your VPS comes with 180 days free once the 180 days is up it will automatically renew.

• @HardCloud said:
    Glad you're enjoying your VPS! Your VPS comes with 180 days free once the 180 days is up it will automatically renew.

Cool. sounds good :-)

• AlanBAlanB Member
    edited September 2013

@AlanB said:
    I opened a ticket -- Ticket #243338

I received mine today as well. The Evaluation copy of windows concerns me, is that legal for providers to do that ?

• @AlanB said:
    I received mine today as well. The Evaluation copy of windows concerns me, is that legal for providers to do that ?

Yes 180 day Evaluation is legal, after the 180 days it will automatically register with a license key.

• "1Gbps Port"

Is it really 1GP Port? As when I looked into my windows vps, it says 100mbps :S

• @RNBxBeatz said:
    "1Gbps Port"

Is it really 1GP Port? As when I looked into my windows vps, it says 100mbps :S

Hello RNBxBeatz,

Correct it is a dedicated 1Gbps port to the host node, you're NIC Card would be Realtek which is only a 100Mbps card which would be the reason it is showing this. You can change it through your Control Panel to VirtIO a 1Gbps NIC Card, if you'd like us to do it please create a support ticket. (PS; I'm guessing you're looking at this through Windows which is not accurate at all, run a speedtest even with a 100Mbps NIC Card it'll still show 400/400Mbps Speeds on speedtest.net which should be obvious that it's a 1Gbps port)

Regards,

HardCloud

• @HardCloud said:
    HardCloud

I tried changing it to VirtIO a 1Gbps NIC Card but then the VPS doesn't get internet connection.

• @RNBxBeatz said:
    I tried changing it to VirtIO a 1Gbps NIC Card but then the VPS doesn't get internet connection.

You need to download the driver software on the VPS and place it in the C: drive then reboot the VPS after updating the NIC Card to VirtIO in SolusVM, then goto device manager and select the ethernet port and then choose the file path of the software to where you saved it. It sounds complicated but it's really simple, thats just a simple rundown and i wouldn't expect you to get it right off that simple guide. Create a support ticket i'll do it for you

Regards,

HardCloud

• @HardCloud said:
    HardCloud

Cheers! I don't need it, I might contact support when I do :)
    Love the support you guys give, fast and amazing.

• @RNBxBeatz said:

Thank you! We appreciate it.