Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

requesting 10 dedicated servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

requesting 10 dedicated servers

hi

i am looking for 10 good dedicated servers that allow port scanning

i want to make a public project mapping some parts of the internet

i have already been scammed by two hosts so i am posting the request here

budget is $150 to $250 per server

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

You want a "bulletproof server(s)" then which are at a premium if your scanning whole ranges of IP's without permission you will get abuse reports galore, I could be wrong but I don't think you will find a host here that will allow that.

Legal area: grey, let's see how this goes.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • there will be nothing malicious only port scanning

• Legal area: grey, let's see how this goes.

His budget might make the abuse reports with it.

i want to make a public project mapping some parts of the internet

It would really help if you linked a whitepaper/roadmap of your project - probably the only way that you'd be able to gain a providers trust that this request is for legitimate reasons.

• @Aidan said:
    It would really help if you linked a whitepaper/roadmap of your project - probably the only way that you'd be able to gain a providers trust that this request is for legitimate reasons.

At least not the trust of anyone who advertizes here. I see enough companies hitting my firewalls that clearly couldn't give less a fuck about their clients often agressive scanning antics and i am quite sure these aren't rooted boxes either.

• @tuqu Post your academic research board / university proposals, approvals, and ethics board approvals.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • @tuqu said:
    there will be nothing malicious only port scanning

and what is the purpose ? - port scanning systems other than your own without permission is malicious ... and may be unlawfull

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2018

The "2012 internet census" is an interesting (mind-blowing, actually) example of prior work in this field ... https://archive.org/details/internet-census-2012&tab=about

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited February 2018

Look at that assholes

http://vpsonline.org/WP/vn/

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

Required specs? Bandwidth?
    @tuqu

• @trnj your site?

Thanked by 1svmo
  • @mksh said:
    @trnj your site?

They scan my servers every day.

• @trnj said:

@mksh said:
    @trnj your site?

They scan my servers every day.

I see. Still kinda strange that makes you want to do free advertizing for them.

• Rapid7 performs weekly scans of the internet and publish them free on scans.io.

They use the following subnets for scanning: 71.6.216.32/27 216.98.153.224/27

see https://sonar.labs.rapid7.com/

mayby you can contact the provider of these subnets?

Thanked by 2uptime mksh
  • trnjtrnj Member
    edited February 2018

@mksh said:

The good thing is, they honestly allow port scanning.

I receive a lot of brute forces from OVH, Digital Ocean, Aruba and they do not care at all. Also, I think every hosting provider in China or Vietnam is bulletproof.

• @trnj said:

@mksh said:

We still have no idea what OP has in mind to use such ability for so it might just be a bad thing as well. Besides that offer screams blackhat and i don't think LET is the right place for that.

I receive a lot of brute forces from OVH, Digital Ocean, Aruba and they do not care at all.

I think a lot of those are just rooted servers and the providers in question will act once the abuse reports start piling up.

Also, I think every hosting provider in China or Vietnam is bulletproof.

Well, those countries sure have a bit of a reputation. Still i wouldn't say everyone over there is ignorant/corrupt or that other places don't have companies that simply forward abuse reports to /dev/null.

• The OP is another fly-by-night.

• PM me with offers. Thanks.

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited February 2018

@mksh said:
    We still have no idea what OP has in mind to use such ability for so it might just be a bad thing as well. Besides that offer screams blackhat and i don't think LET is the right place for that.

Is it a q&a forum or FBI/NSA office? You can't stop hackers. Removal of the link above will not help.

I think a lot of those are just rooted servers and the providers in question will act once the abuse reports start piling up.

Now let me hire someone to submit thousands of abuses to OVH and etc.

Well, those countries sure have a bit of a reputation.

I've checked a couple of ips from China. They are located in business or government districts.

• Port scanning is mostly legal, as long as it isn't intended for malicious means.

That being said, I have no confidence in the OP. Someone with a legitimate use case would've elaborated when asked to.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • mkshmksh Member
    edited February 2018

@trnj said:

@mksh said:

Is it a q&a forum or FBI/NSA office? You can't stop hackers. Removal of the link above will not help.

You'd be suprised how many wannabes would be stopped by not handing them information since they are to stupid and lazy to do the research themselfs.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2018

@trnj said:

@mksh said:

I receive a lot of brute forces from OVH, Digital Ocean, Aruba and they do not care at all. Also, I think every hosting provider in China or Vietnam is bulletproof.

We take abuse very seriously at DigitalOcean, we have an entire team dedicated to preventing it and dealing with it. Just keep in mind that providers know things about their customers that you don't, and they will not always agree with you on what is considered abuse or what is a reasonable time frame for dealing with it in your preferred way. There may also be complications in dealing with it in your preferred way, which may consist of details that cannot be shared with you.

Any provider who instantly terminates every customer who receives an abuse complaint by a third party, without taking many other private variables into consideration, is a provider who does not care about their customers.

• @jarland said:
    Any provider who instantly terminates every customer who receives an abuse complaint by a third party, without taking many other private variables into consideration, is a provider who does not care about their customers.

But this way, they attack my servers every day. Just checked fail2ban logs, most IPs are from OVH, Aruba and DigitalOcean (except China and Vietnam).

• @trnj said:

@jarland said:

But this way, they attack my servers every day. Just checked fail2ban logs, most IPs are from OVH, Aruba and DigitalOcean (except China and Vietnam).

I once resold a digitalocean server and the person using it was appearantly bruteforcing and after 2 reports ( i was asleep) it was suspended. So they are definetly active with their abuse team.

Thanked by 1jar
  • graphicgraphic Member
    edited February 2018
  • @jarland said:
    We take abuse very seriously at DigitalOcean

For example, I received attacks from this IP 178.62.255.six-five . Is it still alive?

https://image.prntscr.com/image/meE-ExDWQ06Yo3p1sq_bsg.png

Thanked by 1jar
    edited February 2018

@trnj said:

@jarland said:

Doesn't seem odd to me that you see a lot of hits from cloud providers that allow customers to spin up servers without delay. Perhaps you should adjust your expectations of the rest of the internet. You'll see in other threads complaints that cloud providers sometimes require too much overhead to start an account. There is no perfect balance.

A little brute force SSH shouldn't kill you while people review abuse complaints, I assume you secure your SSH. Everyone gets brute force attacks all day every day, if you're attempting to be the person that causes it to end, you will find yourself continually frustrated and thinking that no one else cares. People do care, but probably don't consider it higher priority than DDOS, spam, etc.

Send abuse reports, they'll be taken seriously, but understand that you don't know who the customer is on the other side at any point and it's not your call to make on how they will be dealt with. It could be a VPN provider who handles abuse well, could just be a compromised WordPress sending out a few brute force attacks (hardly a "shut down immediately" situation), could be a security researcher approved to do something, etc.

Thanked by 1trnj
  • It is just an example. I have no intentions to ban this person. It is just an illustration you can use any cloud provider to brute force.

jarland is right, they really can't control their customers (in practice, it is impossible).

@trnj said:

It is just an example. I have no intentions to ban this person. It is just an illustration you can use any cloud provider to brute force.

jarland is right, they really can't control their customers (in practice, it is impossible).

I hear you, and I thank you for any abuse reports you send :)

• edited February 2018

www.ushostingservers.com is an idiot who cant be bothered to read the rules