Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New So you Start dedicated server thanks to LET ! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New So you Start dedicated server thanks to LET !

13»

Comments

• Hi all,

Sorry I was off next week.

As posted by @ninzo59, we asked you about your needs and we shortlisted to hosts profiles.
    The first one is available, which is nice.
    Seeing the sales it looks like some of you are pleased with him !

The second one was a cheaper one, more Kimsufi related.
    To be transparent, I'm still dealing with internal feasibility, especially about network at 250Mbps. Not so simple. I will maybe propose a new survey with other HW options.

We also listened about recurring discounts, etc, normally the new SyS sales should be recurring. Stay tuned.

Thanked by 3floyd ariq01 Setsura
  • @Setsura said:
    Is there any timeframe you could share about the storage range refresh mentioned in this post: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2624815/#Comment_2624815 @ninzo59 or @wokenwoll? A storage server I'm using at another provider is failing and I'm tired of dealing with them, would like to buy one of your storage servers but if the refresh is soon maybe I will wait.

We target the end of February

Thanked by 2caracal Setsura
  • @wokenwoll said:

@Setsura said:
    Is there any timeframe you could share about the storage range refresh mentioned in this post: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2624815/#Comment_2624815 @ninzo59 or @wokenwoll? A storage server I'm using at another provider is failing and I'm tired of dealing with them, would like to buy one of your storage servers but if the refresh is soon maybe I will wait.

Here comes the end of February.

Is there anything happening?

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

@cgs3238 said:

@wokenwoll said:

@Setsura said:

Here comes the end of February.

Is there anything happening?

Nothing. In this piece of everything. _+

For 2 years of working with OVH, I have already got used to everything for a long time.

• They had stock just got one from the product description link from the first post

• @coolice said:
    They had stock just got one from the product description link from the first post

Read full thread before posting.

• Man when I saw the mentions in here I thought the new storage line was up lmao, was about to grab my wallet.

• @ninzo59 I wish someone would release an affordable box with a half decent GPU... hint. EX51-SSD-GPU as a 'SYS' - Varian ;)

• Wolf said: half decent GPU

If you can find any half decent GPU's, I'll* build the servers myself.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited March 2018

wokenwoll said: We target the end of February

Any news about that storage server refresh @ninzo59 or @wokenwoll?

• vishvish Member

They had a meeting and zero fucks were given.

And then to be #dicks they decided to phase out all the E5v2 offerings

This is purely speculation based on what I see

• sunnygsunnyg Member
    edited March 2018

They phased out all the E5v2 offers to most likely push the E5v3 offers. They most likely plan to do the sale they talked about on SYS servers with the recurring discount.

Compare the E5v3-SAT-1-32 to the E5v2-SAT-1-32. Same specs except the CPU (E5-1630v3 vs E5-1620v2, which is barely an improvement). The price is €55 vs €41.99

Add a 25% recurring discount to E5v3-SAT-1-32 and you get it at €41.25

Voila! No loss and profit from the dimwits who bought at marked price...So I reckon here on we're going to see SYS servers which are regularly priced at least 25% higher than what they should cost, so during the sale they're not making a loss.