Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New So you Start dedicated server thanks to LET ! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New So you Start dedicated server thanks to LET !

Comments

• @MikeA said:
    I'm more confused as to if this is real or not that there are now three OVH reps on LET.

they want to invade LET. wont let hetzner get all customer from here

• I'm more confused as to if this is real or not that there are now three OVH reps on LET.

OVH buyout confirmed.

• WSSWSS Member

@Aidan said:

I'm more confused as to if this is real or not that there are now three OVH reps on LET.

OVH buyout confirmed.

The word is sell, not buy.

• @WSS said:

@Aidan said:

OVH buyout confirmed.

LET acquired by OVH.

Thanked by 2MasonR MikePT
  • FoxelVoxFoxelVox Member
    edited January 2018

@ninzo59, i dont know If you have access to the kimsufi stock, but How about throwing the older i7’s for ~25 ex vat to sys? With a single TB hdd and 16G ram for Example.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

fkj said: W3520 is kinda old, how about a newer E3.

How about increased budget :)?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Aidan said:

@WSS said:

@Aidan said:

OVH buyout confirmed.

LET acquired by OVH.

You gotta use relative links for us www-ers ;)

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @Clouvider said:

Really curious what kind of offer you gave Nekki. Obviously I don't expect you to give similar offers to customers you don't know, but would be nice if you did some sort of storage deal again. I'd love a reliable provider.

• hzrhzr Member

MikeA said: I'm more confused as to if this is real or not that there are now three OVH reps on LET.

There are at least ten.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Ewok said:

@Clouvider said:

Really curious what kind of offer you gave Nekki. Obviously I don't expect you to give similar offers to customers you don't know, but would be nice if you did some sort of storage deal again. I'd love a reliable provider.

It was an overstock offer, not something we'd normally do out of BF/CM promotions. It's not about knowing someone or not in this case. @Nekki got a bonus though as a thank you from us for his great handling of the BF/CM threads :)

Thanked by 1Ewok
  • @Ewok said:

@Clouvider said:

I shat myself when I saw it.

Then he gave me even more disk.

@Clouvider will be able to let you know when my nightly diet of hookers and crack finally kills me, because the server won’t be renewed.

Thanked by 3Clouvider Junkless Ewok
  • LeeLee Veteran

Clouvider said: How about increased budget :)?

You're new?

Thanked by 2datanoise Clouvider
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

OVH, on the 1st of every month when you have thousands of invoices for payment, the orders hangs and everything also freezes.

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@FoxelVox said:
    @ninzo59, i dont know If you have access to the kimsufi stock, but How about throwing the older i7’s for ~25 ex vat to sys? With a single TB hdd and 16G ram for Example.

Stock is way too low on KS i7 to do this

• @ninzo59 said:

@FoxelVox said:

Stock is way too low on KS i7 to do this

Ok, and hows the stock on E3 1225’s? A lot of people are looking for a 25/month or lower server

• and...it's gone :(

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@mexyul said:
    and...it's gone :(

More stocks are upcoming next week ;)

• @ninzo59

It’s possible to have a w3520, 16gb and 2*300 ssd on sys ? (Old SYS-IP-1S)
    No ssd on w3520 :(

• karjajkarjaj Member
    edited February 2018

How about like this kind of "LEB" SYS server? Processor W3520(better cpubenchmark[-AES-NI] vs. Online.net Personal SC/XC), 8Gb(or more) RAM, 2x128Gb SSD, SoftRAID(or 2*500Gb/1Tb HDD), BW 250Mb/s, and possible to use 16 IPv4 addreses, like another SYS servers? Price, max 20€/m.

• RAID1 is minimum, because i don't like re-install whole server, when disk fails. Kimsufi's bw is low and 1 IPv4 is bad. :/ From Online.net I can get (expensive) addon IP's, but Personal line still have only one disk. So, above "LEB" SYS could be nice compromise between Kimsufi/Online.net Personal series. :)

• I will bet $10 that someone.. came a little.. cuz they upgraded their "media" server.

• Anyone know if the 250mbps output bandwidth cap applies to internal transfers (i.e. inside same OVH location) or only external/internet? Thanks.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I think SYS is internal also.

Thanked by 2lion willie
  • @MikeA said:
    I think SYS is internal also.

This.

Thanked by 1willie
  • @ninzo59 said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    @ninzo59 thanks! what about 12EUR server?

You mean.. kimsufi ? :)

Yeah, but with 2xHDD to allow a soft raid. :)

• Is there any timeframe you could share about the storage range refresh mentioned in this post: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2624815/#Comment_2624815 @ninzo59 or @wokenwoll? A storage server I'm using at another provider is failing and I'm tired of dealing with them, would like to buy one of your storage servers but if the refresh is soon maybe I will wait.

• need 12euro server @ninzo59 @wokenwoll

• For those who care, SYS-SAT-2-16 (Intel W3520 / 16GB DDR3 ECC / 4x2TB) is back in stock - https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1801sys3

Thanked by 1willie
  • @K4Y5 said:
    For those who care, SYS-SAT-2-16 (Intel W3520 / 16GB DDR3 ECC / 4x2TB) is back in stock - https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1801sys3

It's been up in FR the past couple of days as I checked - nothing in CA though.

• Anyone get one of these who can report the drive models and ages?