Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clubuptime.. Gone Again? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Clubuptime.. Gone Again?

2»

Comments

• @JTR said: What kind of CPU usage are you seeing with a idle/empty server and that startup line? And what CPU are you using?

I haven't had my server up in approximately a month, it was running on a ChicagoVPS 2GB OVZ which had a E5560 I believe. CPU usage was never a problem, I don't remember what the load was like though.

Why do you have a 5GB heap? How many players do you usually have on?

• JTRJTR Member
    edited February 2012

@Kairus said: I haven't had my server up in approximately a month, it was running on a ChicagoVPS 2GB OVZ which had a E5560 I believe. CPU usage was never a problem, I don't remember what the load was like though.

Why do you have a 5GB heap? How many players do you usually have on?

5GB heap, 50 slots, not many players right now (maybe 200 total in the last month, but only a few online daily). The only reason I decided to use a dedi instead of a VPS is because I got a great deal (it's one of the DediDirect offers), and I have another project that'll need to use it soon (basically a bunch of players and referees/admins for a rather large large PvP project - the mcforums topic has been around for nearly a year with 150,000+ views and 4700+ posts, and it's nearing completion).

So yeah, hardware specs is a dual L5420, 8GB RAM, etc. I think I'm going to stick with my current startup line for now until I start having lag issues.

• JTRJTR Member
    edited February 2012

@clubuptime You might want to read this post by a former staff member of Brohoster.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/starting-a-minecraft-host-yet-another-one.57252/page-5#post-955300

Matthew wasn't involved with BroHoster. The only thing he handled was the refund requests. He had nick handle billing (that was not related to refunds) did no support tickets, had tickets 50+ days old waiting on reply flagged to him that were never finished.

Heck, the only reason BH didn't flounder off the cliff when JWJ was fired was the support team (myself and others). He attempted to sell it up to the VERY last moment -- there was apparently another buyer (softlayer told us this) that was going to buy it but at the very last second pulled out and then poof, BH was gone.

Matt didn't discuss this with the team. Matt was not involved with BH as far as I'm concerned -- short of bossing people around, he never once went on remote desktop or did any kind of management.

Basically, the only thing he wanted BH for was to sell it. He admitted to me multiple times he was not interested in keeping it and wanted it to be out of his hands.

And as far as refunds go? No, he isn't. He's not working towards paying off any of his debts with past clients.

Let me explain why:

He told me he had $4 in his bank account, that he was working a minimum wage job, and that he had no backup of the BH database and his paypal account was closed. IN OTHER WORDS:

He has no past records of any transactions (he also told me this), he cant lookup anything on paypal either... so how do you expect him to pay anyone back?

I've tried going through legal hoops to get my last two weeks pay, but apparently the mailing address for BroHoster isn't even a valid one anymore. That, or he is ignoring the certified mail I sent him almost two weeks ago (still says notice left).

Good luck in getting any money back from that guy, I've been trying since July..

• clubuptimeclubuptime Member
    edited February 2012

That's interesting. I have his poorly written legal threat sitting in my hands right here.

We have an Excel dump of the Transaction list from PayPal which contains over 100,000 transactions. I asked him to look up the information since there's no easy way to prune it.

Tyler was NEVER an employee that was easy to work with. He disobeyed directions frequently, spread misinformation when we closed, violated his contracts, and has caused nothing less than trouble. We have zero legal obligation to pay him due to his being 1) A sub contractor 2) Him violating every last document that he signed with us.

If he wants to get into a fight, he can feel free to do it. All I need to do is show every one of his contractual obligations, especially his NDA, being broken by himself. Best yet, his still breaking his NDA by providing information that he shouldn't be and we STILL have the intent on paying him.

All he likes to do is cause drama and more issues. He lives and breathes drama.

Edit: I'm done with his threats, his lies, and his misinformation being spread. If he wants to continue down that route, let him follow through with his empty threats. He was fired at one point for a good reason: He has no self control and no ability to follow directions. Feel free to derail this topic with as much of his claims as you want. I'm not going to respond to anything with regards to his frivolous claims. It's not worth my time.

Trust me. If I had $500 to just throw around, I'd have paid him off months ago to just get him to shut the hell up. He's been nothing but a pain in the ass since the day we shut down.

• @clubuptime said: still breaking his NDA

What NDA has he broken if you have failed to enforce it. You need to step up and pursue your claim, or provide case number, or present the judgement or it never happened.

• @miTgiB said: What NDA has he broken if you have failed to enforce it. You need to step up and pursue your claim, or provide case number, or present the judgement or it never happened.

Sure. I would. If I had the money or anything to gain by filing suit against him. I don't have money to buy groceries, none the less spending tens of thousands of dollars to prove a point.

• Hi Matt,

At no point in time have I violated my NDA with ClubUptime. BroHoster is not ClubUptime and as the NDA I signed was prior to you registering BroHoster as a LLC and additionally it does not list anything about "ClubUptime and it's subsidiaries" and only specifically mentions ClubUptime, it does not cover BroHoster LLC.

Additionally, I was not a sub-contractor. You can continue to sing that tune all you want. It also does not excuse you from the fact that you owe me my last two weeks pay. I'm very interested in seeing these contractual violations however as the only thing I signed was a NDA with ClubUptime which has not been violated in any way, shape or form.

You never asked me to look up information -- how could you? I do not have the BroHoster database.

All PMs to myself have been ignored on WHT, and my emails have been ignored. You have no intentions of paying me -- if you did, you would have paid me months ago.

Since you continue to claim I was a contractor however and continue to say I was a PITA to work with..

http://filesmelt.com/dl/20110627-tsalwierz-review.pdf

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Screenshot-2012-02-08_15.55_.25_.png

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Screenshot-2012-02-08_15.56_.52_.png

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Screenshot-2012-02-08_16.03_.58_.png

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Screenshot-2012-02-08_16.04_.37_.png

^ entire firing thing was over this:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Screenshot-2012-02-08_16.05_.42_.png

To recap a bit on the above, we were going to be testing out TC-Admin 2.0. I cleared it with Larry because the box was not being used and was not informed about any configuration changes that were in place via ticket -- and because of that matt decided that he was going to fire me. Larry was the general manager of BroHoster.

And, funnily enough, based on the above, you decided not to fire me so I was never "fired".

The only reason I continue to bring up this stuff is because people link me to threads where you are running your mouth off about BroHoster. If you stop talking about it, I'd have stopped bringing this crap up long ago.

• clubuptimeclubuptime Member
    edited February 2012

Tyler, as discussed, if you want to communicate with us, you must do so through our legal advisers. If you think that will change simply because we're here on a public forum, you're mistake.

As a note: Seeing as those screenshots are from internal systems that fall under the NDA, yes. You are violating your NDA. Nonetheless, you're not even showing the full screen captures just so they can be skewed and taken out of context to further your lies.

I think your main goal in life is just to aggravate me at this point. You screwed Larry, you screwed myself, Jake can't stand you, and all you do is cause trouble.

To recap: If you want to get in touch with us, you can contact our lawyers at the address we've provided you countless times.

Good day.

• TylerTyler Member
    edited February 2012

Actually, those were sent to me by Larry at my personal @gmail.com email address so it's not through the internal systems.

Furthermore, I've attempted to get the address of your legal advisers from you multiple times and all such attempts have been ignored.

Since we're now discussing this, would you mind publicly posting their address, phone number and email address for me?

Thank you.

• I feel like LET has turned into a place for kiddy hosts to fling poop at each other.
    Recently HostSnowy/HostRail and now this...

• @clubuptime said: you can contact our lawyers

Are those the same lawyers you claim to not be able to afford?

• Probably a family member @miTgiB.

• Uncle Public Defender

• any thread that is ever related to them is going to turn into this >.>

• @dclardy said: Probably a family member @miTgiB.

Family member lawyers are the ones that taught me a very basic rule I've lived by since starting in the biz in 1995, friends and family pay double since they expect twice as much from you.

• @miTgiB Very true. Family want it all for nothing.

• Allow me to clear the air around what Matt said earlier regarding the Minecraft servers:

There were actually between 40-60 clients per server at the most, 100-150 was never done due to load balancing concerns. I think there was one server in San Jose that broke through 100 in a test to see how well it would handle the load with the page file being on a SSD since our entire business model was at that point in time based on page usage to get money.

If we had taken the time and effort to limit each server to a specific tier, then yes 100-150 would have been what the servers had on the lower tiers. Alas, we did not go that route.

Additionally, we did not use any "custom stuff to make Minecraft run stupidly effective". All we used were the -Xmx and -Xms settings, nothing else. And there was no custom minecraft_server.jars despite what Matt would have you believe.

• @Tyler

Nice to see your side of the story, but as this has been gone over so many times before it's hard to tell who's telling the truth... so I just assume you are all liars. Nothing against any of you.

• @Corey

The difference is, I have documents to back up everything that I've said. Please PM me if you're looking for something specific and I'll be happy to provide you with it.

• @Tyler said: if you're looking for something specific

Other than those directly affected, I'm pretty sure this is a nobody cares, this popcorn is stale now tale.

• oh no, please no more drama.

• @liam said: IIRC Matthew claimed on WHT that brohoster used 'industry secrets' to run minecraft and could run a 16 man server on 128mb Ram stable and smoothly. Much like your point tyler so was this just a lie?

If what Matthew is saying is true, then it isn't really industry secrets, just configuring java to be less greedy.

• @Liam can you provide a link to the post in question?

• TylerTyler Member
    edited February 2012

@liam Mmm, back then it was possible to run 8 players on 128MB memory if the server.properties was tweaked correctly. With default command line parameters. Then the 1.6 update came out which changed the memory requirements and forced us to update everyone to 192MB.