Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

30+ dedicated servers with GPU - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

30+ dedicated servers with GPU

2»

Comments

• @roland12 said:
    How much is your max budget for each server? You probabbly cant find same monthly price on hetzner without setupfee.

1080 for more than 100 EUR does not make sense.

@Ikoula said:
    @levonk our XEON GPU is for you !

Xeon E3 1230v5 16GB / 1TB / Geforce GTX1070

147$/month no setup fee

https://www.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server

1070 for $147 is waay too high price.

@hzr said:
    @levonk Tesla cards are minimum for AI. You're not allowed to use GeForce/Titan for machine learning/AI in a datacentre

Nope - 1080 Ti is sweet spot right now for AI. 11GB RAM and almost equal in performance to Titan Xp when doing 32bit float calculations.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • hzrhzr Member
    edited January 2018

levonk said: Nope - 1080 Ti is sweet spot right now for AI. 11GB RAM and almost equal in performance to Titan Xp when doing 32bit float calculations.

>

I do not mean technically. I mean legally, you are not permitted to download, install, or use the drivers or software or binary blobs for this. I run a large Tensorflow farm myself

• @hzr said:

levonk said: Nope - 1080 Ti is sweet spot right now for AI. 11GB RAM and almost equal in performance to Titan Xp when doing 32bit float calculations.

>

I do not mean technically. I mean legally, you are not permitted to download, install, or use the drivers or software or binary blobs for this. I run a large Tensorflow farm myself

Nvidia kicks the door. In redneck accent "Oh you've been a naughty boy ey? Doing AI with a gaming card, blasphemy. Now we'll take your sister"

• WSSWSS Member

@vovler said:

@hzr said:

>

Nvidia kicks the door. In redneck accent "Oh you've been a naughty boy ey? Doing AI with a gaming card, blasphemy. Now we'll take your sister"

*Nvidia coughs, and looks away* Oh... I see you alreaduh their.. ne'r mind!

• Additionally asci systems run about $3500 and are only worthwhile for the first 3 months. Then the difficulty rises and they are worth about $1000 but the return is about 3.5 months plus selling for whateveryou can get. Its high risk though as if the price drops that 3.5 months becomes 6 months and you lost about $1k each device. Its nuts

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Get a Hetzner for 100 but thats just 1080 no Ti

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

levonk said: 1070 for $147 is waay too high price.

What's your budget then ?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

$147 is like 120 EUR. That doesn't seem expensive to me.

Thanked by 1Ikoula
  • randvegeta said: $147 is like 120 EUR. That doesn't seem expensive to me.

It does seem a bit steep given that it's a 1070, compared with the Hetzner or Dediserve offers for servers with 1080's.

Thanked by 1Aidan