Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

30+ dedicated servers with GPU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

30+ dedicated servers with GPU

Looking to rent 30+ dedicated servers with the following configuration:
GPU: 1070 / 1070 Ti / 1080 / 1080 Ti
CPU: 2-4 cores
RAM: 16GB
HDD: 100-200GB SATA
1TB traffic per month

Looking for a reasonable offer (like Hetzner), but without a high setup fee.

Comments

• AWS.

• Looks like LET is going to be nice place to help out miners.

Thanked by 1philipc
  • @mrclown said:
    Looks like LET is going to be nice place to help out miners.

What the hell is going on with those coin miners? Is there anything to mine besides bitcoin and if yes, is it so profitable?

• @LTniger said:

@mrclown said:

What the hell is going on with those coin miners? Is there anything to mine besides bitcoin and if yes, is it so profitable?

You dont mine bitcoin with GPUs no more.

• AidanAidan Member
    edited January 2018

@LTniger said:

@mrclown said:

If you own the hardware & plan on selling it after a year or two then you can make quite a bit, if electricity is reasonably priced.

Nobody mines bitcoin on GPU's, they mine altcoins.

Example

• Servers are for mixed case - AI calculations part of the time and crypto mining while idle to recover part of the costs.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Maybe katie @Hetzner_OL can give you some kind of special deal if you order 30?

• @teamacc said:
    Maybe katie @Hetzner_OL can give you some kind of special deal if you order 30?

Thank you - would contact Katie.

• XeiXei Member

What are AI calculations? Is AI mining the next thing? :P

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@levonk - For special orders or large orders, please contact our product advice team. They'll be able to help you more quickly:
    https://www.hetzner.com/support-form
    +49 (0)911 234226-927
    --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • What are AI calculations? Is AI mining the next thing? :P

Anything that takes advantage of deep learning:

https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-zone

• Noticed Google do quite cheap instances: https://cloud.google.com/gpu/ ... comparable to AWS at last look.

• fkjfkj Member

@Xei said:
    What are AI calculations? Is AI mining the next thing? :P

Distributed machine learning, but I believe without things like vRack from OVH, the network will be a bottleneck for this use case. I guess OP should consider higher GPUs, better Tesla.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

LTniger said: What the hell is going on with those coin miners? Is there anything to mine besides bitcoin and if yes, is it so profitable?

Insanely so. Virtually everyone on LET is a retired multi-millionaire.

Why do you think @jarland quit as admin? He's too busy buying property in the French Frigate Shoals.

• Aidan said:

If you own the hardware & plan on selling it after a year or two then you can make quite a bit, if electricity is reasonably priced.

Wanting to avoid the setup fee sounds like a short term user.

• @willie said:

Aidan said:

Wanting to avoid the setup fee sounds like a short term user.

Was replying to @LTniger asking if it's profitable to mine.

I wouldn't purchase high-end GPU's right now, the "next" lineup is coming in a few months & getting 30 cards at a decent price isn't easy in the current market.

• Sincerely feel time to have a second LowEndMining forum and separate out all mining related topics (and offers) there.

• WSSWSS Member

@mehargags said:
    Sincerely feel time to have a second LowEndMining forum and separate out all mining related topics (and offers) there.

But but but 12% support the shoeminers and feel that if we're not all-inclusive..

• I'm not against mining, nor do I have any grudge about it, however segregation will keep topics more focused on what they are meant for... again sincerely!!!

• WSSWSS Member

@mehargags said:
    I'm not against mining, nor do I have any grudge about it, however segregation will keep topics more focused on what they are meant for... again sincerely!!!

It'd be nice if there wasn't an immediate parasite for lower end service the moment the latest fad takes off. I never thought I'd be missing the shoeproxies, because they weren't every fucking day.

Thanked by 2willie philipc
  • hzrhzr Member

@levonk Tesla cards are minimum for AI. You're not allowed to use GeForce/Titan for machine learning/AI in a datacentre

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2018

It's a way to make some money while playing games, drinking, sleeping, trolling, who wouldn't love it?

I reckon some datacenters/hosts will soon cite in their TOS that mining coins won't be allowed though.

• @levonk Tesla cards are minimum for AI. You're not allowed to use GeForce/Titan for machine learning/AI in a datacentre

Nvidia can go screw itself, all he has to say is it's for "blockchain usage" & it'll be fine with their EULA.

• @Aidan said:

@levonk Tesla cards are minimum for AI. You're not allowed to use GeForce/Titan for machine learning/AI in a datacentre

Nvidia can go screw itself, all he has to say is it's for "blockchain usage" & it'll be fine with their EULA.

Jelly much?

• @huntercop said:

@Aidan said:

Jelly much?

Jealous of what exactly..?

Nvidia marketed their GeForce cards at being "great at deep learning" & then decided to prohibit deep learning on the same cards 12 months later. It's a pathetic move from them.

Thanked by 1willie
  • @Aidan said:

@huntercop said:

@Aidan said:

Jelly much?

Jealous of what exactly..?

Nvidia marketed their GeForce cards at being "great at deep learning" & then decided to prohibit deep learning on the same cards 12 months later. It's a pathetic move from them.

It's acold heart business. Buy tesla if you need something "deep". Deep learning requires deep pockets.

• Aidan said:

I wouldn't purchase high-end GPU's right now, the "next" lineup is coming in a few months

Do you really think so? Is a follower to the 1080/1080Ti in the works, other than the much more expensive Tesla (Titan V) cards? AMD Navi (Vega successor) doesn't sound like much of an improvement over the old stuff. Plus unfortunately there is far more software ecosystem around NVidia than AMD.

NVidia can eat a bowl of dicks about the software license. The board is unfit for purpose without the software, and NVidia seems unclear on the concept that once you bought something, you own it.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • willie said: Do you really think so? Is a follower to the 1080/1080Ti in the works, other than the much more expensive Tesla (Titan V) cards?

There's most certainly something in the works, though we'll most likely only find out near Computex in June.

Thanked by 1willie
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@levonk our XEON GPU is for you !

Xeon E3 1230v5 16GB / 1TB / Geforce GTX1070

147$/month no setup fee

https://www.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server

Thanked by 1uptime
  • How much is your max budget for each server? You probabbly cant find same monthly price on hetzner without setupfee.