Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get $1000 free in Google Compute Engine credits - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Get $1000 free in Google Compute Engine credits

2»

Comments

• anyone have their KVMS? How is it?

• @ravenchad said:
    anyone have their KVMS? How is it?

Performance? A bit EC2-tier, though their micro instance is considerably better than that of Amazon's.

http://serverbear.com/10151/google-compute-engine

• @awson said:
    You'll find a lot of information at Google Developers: https://developers.google.com/compute/

Thanks. There is a lot of information there. They need to create a tldr version.

It's expensive though. Only the micro version is affordable and the benchmarks for that aren't very pretty. But I guess this isn't for us. It is aimed at "enterprises".

• Thanks. I got mine too.

It's too costly for poor developer like me. I'm sure going to terminate it before they start charging.

• Can we use a prepaid credit card in place of a real one?

I'm a bit concerned that I might wind up to find a $100 charge on my credit card for me completely forgetting to terminate my service.

• @darknyan said:
    Can we use a prepaid credit card in place of a real one?

I'm a bit concerned that I might wind up to find a $100 charge on my credit card for me completely forgetting to terminate my service.

Not sure about Cloud Platform, but for Google Play it depends on the card provider: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2651410

Note that some gift cards or prepaid cards (with Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover logos) may not be used to purchase digital goods. If you’re having trouble making a purchase on Google Play with a gift/prepaid card, contact the entity that issued the card to ensure that it’s enabled for use to purchase digital goods.

Though they do make a $1 authorization charge when you enable billing.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited September 2013

Fair enough, one last question.

How would you go about using a Computing Engine instance without a HDD?
    I never understood that concept. Is it charged under persistent disk or?

• got mine, deployed a VPS in minutes. quite nice for a free product (at least for 6 months).
    And the other 1000 dollars for GAE... well no idea what im doing with that... XD

• awsonawson Member
    edited September 2013

@darknyan said:
    Fair enough, one last question.

How would you go about using a Computing Engine instance without a HDD?
    I never understood that concept. Is it charged under persistent disk or?

Diskless instances require you to have a persistent disk. The ones that include ephemeral disk space don't, I think.

• can any one tell me how to access instance via ssh?

• awsonawson Member
    edited September 2013

@rrr said:
    can any one tell me how to access instance via ssh?

gcutil --project <project> ssh <instance-name>