Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you guys would be willing to confirm their street address? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many of you guys would be willing to confirm their street address?

13»

Comments

• @trewq said [...] your a perverted freak

meta-context seems to involve providing a nekkid depiction of me dear departed mum in exchange for a promise of an extra MB of ram from a degenerate shit-poster, but I suppose that's all pretty much par for course round these parts. Good times, good times.

Now, about those chocolates ...

• WSSWSS Member

@uptime said:
    meta-context seems to involve providing a nekkid depiction of me dear departed mum in exchange for a promise of an extra MB of ram from a degenerate shit-poster,

..says the guy who had pictures of her.

• It's a fair cop.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

I hate to tell you guys, but giving a fake address accomplishes nothing if the company wants to know your real info. If you give a company your real name, it costs them almost nothing to find out your legitimate address from databases that are available to search for fractions of a cent per search in volume. Many years ago when I worked for a large financial provider, we used FastData from LexisNexis when skip tracing past due accounts. I could find out someone's address with pretty good accuracy with nothing more than their name and the state they were from. I'm sure it has only improved over time as more and more data is available electronically.

Thanked by 2MikePT MasonR
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited January 2018

Most VPS I use off LET are for throw away. The only thing I usually fill out honestly for those is my email address. And I always make sure to backfill with gibberish when I cancel my account.

There are exceptions, Alpha Racks has the word cock in a few places. Gullo/Hostodo/StableHost are accurate. MyServerPlanet and a few more - gibberish. Etc etc etc

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I always enter my real name and real address

• @KermEd said:
    Most VPS I use off LET are for throw away. The only thing I usually fill out honestly for those is my email address. And I always make sure to backfill with gibberish when I cancel my account.

There are exceptions, Alpha Racks has the word cock in a few places. Gullo/Hostodo/StableHost are accurate. MyServerPlanet and a few more - gibberish. Etc etc etc

lolulz ... interesting! Curious to know how Gullo, Hostodo, and StableHost earned your accurate details.

Also, wrt Alpharacks, really have to ask: Why a cock? Why a no dick?

• WSSWSS Member

@uptime said:

This is important.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @uptime said:

lolulz ... interesting! Curious to know how Gullo, Hostodo, and StableHost earned your accurate details.

Haha I feel like it just has a bit more bite to it.

Gullo, I'm not sure why I put my real details. I really shoulda lied.

Hostodo I've used for a few years now and hassan is super nice. Probably should have put gibberish there too.

Stablehost I use for some actual production crap

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @uptime said: meta-context seems to involve providing a nekkid depiction of me dear departed mum in exchange for a promise of an extra MB of ram from a degenerate shit-poster, but I suppose that's all pretty much par for course round these parts. Good times, good times.

Your mum made sacrifices to raise you well, nothing for her to be ashamed of. Life in the countryside was difficult in pre-Thatcher times (and it still is).

• Thanks - she would indeed be much amused - was an art student for many years