Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi Flash sale: KS-3C (BHS): 14.99$ CAD - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi Flash sale: KS-3C (BHS): 14.99$ CAD

Comments

• Recurring ?

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@bugis said:
    Recurring ?

yes

• SeniorSenior Member
    edited January 2018

setup fee + Tax = 32.75 CAD.

renew = 14.99 + 13% Tax = ~17 CAD.

17*11+32.75= ~220CAD -> Intel i3-2130 2c/4t @ 3.4GHz 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz 2TB ,12month

220 / 12 = ~18 CAD , true = 18 CAD /month.

Have a good day , everyone.

• Got a slight CPU upgrade but no i5:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz

• @spammy said:
    Got a slight CPU upgrade but no i5:

Any RAM surprise?

• @WebGuru said:

@spammy said:

Any RAM surprise?

Nope:

free -m
                  total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:           7873         121        7214           9         536        7644
    Swap:           510           0         510

• @spammy said:

@WebGuru said:

@spammy said:

Any RAM surprise?

Nope:

free -m
                  total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:           7873         121        7214           9         536        7644
    Swap:           510           0         510

oh ok thanks

• Looks like not many are interested in this offer becuse its still available after hours without going out of stock.

• It's actually CAD $2 more expensive than 2 months ago for the exact same specs...
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/129590/ks-2e-and-ks-3c-promotion/p1

Thanked by 1Senior
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

I want one for Plex, but I spend too much with OVH already. I would gladly accept it for $0.00 though.

• Still 100mb up/down?

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@DigitalJosee said:
    Still 100mb up/down?

yes

• @ninzo59 - I got one, thanks for the post.

• spammy said: Got a slight CPU upgrade but no i5

I can confirm this, and the price is USD. The gamble for an i5 did not payoff today.

• Thanks @ninzo59. I was waiting for some good sub $20 deal in North America.

I got a i3-3240 with 8Gb and a HGST HUS726020ALA610 disk with (miraculously) just 2700 hours.

• Hey, do FR and CA site use different login system?

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited January 2018

levnode said: Hey, do FR and CA site use different login system?

Yes.

FR: https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/manager/?lang=fr_FR#/login

CA: https://ca.kimsufi.com/manager/#/login

Edit: Corrected URLs.

Thanked by 1levnode
  • I found that if I use US site, I do not have to pay VAT but the price is higher LOL.

• Because there is no VAT in the US. The higher price is probably due to the sales tax slapped on top of the actual value.

• levnodelevnode Member
    edited January 2018

saibal said: Because there is no VAT in the US. The higher price is probably due to the sales tax slapped on top of the actual value.

It makes the prices are equal, at least for me :D.

Another question, can I get my account verified if I don't have a valid canada address?

• @levnode said:
    Another question, can I get my account verified if I don't have a valid canada address?

I think you'll be fine. I'm from Mexico and had no trouble (paying with Paypal BTW)

• For those who have or are using Kimsufi products like these:

1. Is IPv4 handled the same as OVH's other products (i.e. up to 16 IPv4 addresses per)? I ask because I see no mention of IPv4 on Kimsufi's site.
    2. Are these sufficient for production? I mean, I get the lack of RAID.. but if one has good backups do they otherwise perform fine?
    3. How quick is support to replace a failed drive, etc.?
    4. IPMI?
  • @JustAMacUser said:
    For those who have or are using Kimsufi products like these:

1. Is IPv4 handled the same as OVH's other products (i.e. up to 16 IPv4 addresses per)? I ask because I see no mention of IPv4 on Kimsufi's site.

NO. Kimsufi's come with only one IP (IPv4 + IPv6) and you cannot add any more.
    The IPv6 assigned is a /64 though you can only setup rDNS for one explicit IP.

1. Are these sufficient for production? I mean, I get the lack of RAID.. but if one has good backups do they otherwise perform fine?

Yes. The network is only 100Mbps though - so depending on your needs that should be OK or not.

1. How quick is support to replace a failed drive, etc.?

No first hand experience (so far) but it is supposed to be pretty "decent" (within a few hours I suppose?)

1. IPMI?

Nope. You can boot into rescue mode and then SSH in.

Thanked by 1JustAMacUser

@JustAMacUser Ironically I've found Kimsufi and SYS to respond to tickets faster than the main brand.

Thanked by 1JustAMacUser
  • Are these sufficient for production? I mean, I get the lack of RAID.

Don't forget the lack of ECC.

IPMI?

Are you kidding? They are consumer processors and it's an accomplishment that they work unattended at all.

Thanked by 1JustAMacUser
  • @Oseri said: I think you'll be fine. I'm from Mexico and had no trouble (paying with Paypal BTW)

Hey, do you have to send ID copy to their validation email?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2018

JustAMacUser said: How quick is support to replace a failed drive, etc.?

Support maybe not so quick or competent about "etc" (such as subtle network routing or speed issues), but if it's a clear cut hardware problem such as server not booting even in rescue mode or HDD failure, people reported they are quick to deploy replacements.

Thanked by 1JustAMacUser

@DigitalJosee said:
    Still 100mb up/down?

Keep in mind these use 100Mbps interfaces anyways.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

OVH make a surprise on the i5-2400 / i5-3570s servers.
    They are very good under many different things.

Like last year: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/106785/kimsufi-ks-3c-is-in-stock-again/p1

Everyone bought and everyone received i5.
    I bet that most of them did not even abandon the servers.

It was a really cool gift.

• sinsin Member
    edited January 2018

JustAMacUser said: Are these sufficient for production? I mean, I get the lack of RAID.. but if one has good backups do they otherwise perform fine?

I'm using one for production and it works great. Sure they don't have RAID but I keep great backups so it wouldn't bother me to much if the disk failed. Network is great, free ddos protection, rescue boot which makes it easy to install basically whatever OS you want (I booted into rescue and installed FreeBSD 11.1 with zfs-on-root using mfsbsd), and it's just been a really great server. I received a disk that was only about 2 1/2 years old and has no errors so it's still got plenty of life left in it.

Thanked by 1JustAMacUser