Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicenter is deadpool
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicenter is deadpool

avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider
edited January 2018 in General

Hmm, just found some interesting things about DediCenter / cloudflexy.

185.226.72.0/24 was rent from Prager-IT by Dedicenter. It has been reassigned to another customer 4 days ago.

Here is WHOIS history data from RIPE:

~ ❯❯❯ whois -h whois.ripe.net -- "--show-version 2 185.226.72.0/24"

% This is the RIPE Database query service.

% The objects are in RPSL format.

%

% The RIPE Database is subject to Terms and Conditions.

% See http://www.ripe.net/db/support/db-terms-conditions.pdf

% Version 2 (current version) of object "185.226.72.0 - 185.226.72.255"

% This version was a UPDATE operation on 2018-01-19 18:16

% You can use "--list-versions" to get a list of versions for an object.

inetnum: 185.226.72.0 - 185.226.72.255

netname: Prager-Connect-GmbH

geoloc: 49.4521 11.0767

org: ORG-PCG35-RIPE

admin-c: SP16856-RIPE

tech-c: SP16856-RIPE

mnt-routes: PRAGER-MNT

mnt-domains: PRAGER-MNT

mnt-by: PRAGER-MNT

created: 2017-12-14T12:20:44Z

last-modified: 2018-01-19T17:16:28Z

source: RIPE

% This query was served by the RIPE Database Query Service version 1.90 (ANGUS)

Before:

~ ❯❯❯ whois -h whois.ripe.net -- "--show-version 1 185.226.72.0/24"

% This is the RIPE Database query service.

% The objects are in RPSL format.

%

% The RIPE Database is subject to Terms and Conditions.

% See http://www.ripe.net/db/support/db-terms-conditions.pdf

% Version 1 of object "185.226.72.0 - 185.226.72.255"

% This version was a UPDATE operation on 2017-12-14 13:20

% You can use "--list-versions" to get a list of versions for an object.

inetnum: 185.226.72.0 - 185.226.72.255

netname: Webhosting-365-Ltd

descr: Webhosting 365 Ltd

org: ORG-WL153-RIPE

admin-c: OMG25-RIPE

tech-c: OMG25-RIPE

mnt-routes: PRAGER-MNT

mnt-domains: mnt-cloudflexy

mnt-by: PRAGER-MNT

created: 2017-12-14T12:20:44Z

last-modified: 2017-12-14T12:20:44Z

source: RIPE

% This query was served by the RIPE Database Query Service version 1.90 (HEREFORD)

Comments

• Interesting...

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

This was coming eventually , there are already 5-10 threads this month alone

Thanked by 1WSS
  • XSXXSX Member, Host Rep

Interesting Exciting @gongyi

• WSSWSS Member

My IP space still shows that it's owned by Psychz.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2018

Not good. I knew this was coming. As well. Ha!
    Thought it would last longer tho.

• Romanian servers also look the same.

• @MikePT said:

I know they had a very poor reputation and this outcome was plainly obvious to see but are you really the person to call them out on this?

• WSSWSS Member

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MikePT said:

I know they had a very poor reputation and this outcome was plainly obvious to see but are you really the person to call them out on this?

Did he have anything fail before FiberFy? If not, give him a fucking break.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MikePT said:

He used to resell time4vps storage servers to his clients and bitched when the price went up by something like 2 euros a year. That service died too.

edit: I think it was called backupservice

• WSSWSS Member

@IThinkUFailed said:

@WSS said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MikePT said:

He used to resell time4vps storage servers to his clients and bitched when the price went up by something like 2 euros a year. That service died too.

Oh, welp..

Gotta say that I admire his tenacity, but "FiberFy" was really just a single resource resale that was kind of a dick up the arse. I guess that was too. :/

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @WSS said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MikePT said:

There was the time he started selling VPS only to complain bitterly about how cheap everyone was.

You can hear the new arsehole he got torn whistling when it gets windy.

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • @WSS said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@WSS said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MikePT said:

Oh, welp..

Gotta say that I admire his tenacity, but "FiberFy" was really just a single resource resale that was kind of a dick up the arse. I guess that was too. :/

Agreed - I think he's awesome but I find it a bit silly to be like "Ha! Called this" - Yeah everyone did. I think MrGeneral will go on to great things and will definitely find that niche that's right for him but it will take time and planning for sure. Bottom line he's a good guy but sometimes needs to take a step back.

@Nekki said:
    There was the time he started selling VPS only to complain bitterly about how cheap everyone was.

I love the way you word things. Pure poetry. Absolutely cracked me up - thank you.

Thanked by 1Nekki

@IThinkUFailed said:

@WSS said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@WSS said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MikePT said:

Oh, welp..

Agreed - I think he's awesome but I find it a bit silly to be like "Ha! Called this" - Yeah everyone did. I think MrGeneral will go on to great things and will definitely find that niche that's right for him but it will take time and planning for sure. Bottom line he's a good guy but sometimes needs to take a step back.

@Nekki said:

I love the way you word things. Pure poetry. Absolutely cracked me up - thank you.

Backupinstance.com stayed online for so long because we were using its whmcs to track/bill/communicate with our logo design clients, most from LET.

I stopped selling VPS long time ago. Still have a few VPS with time4vps for local companies mostly running Nextcloud.

• WSSWSS Member

@IThinkUFailed said:

Yeah.. this is true. I just think he might still be smarting a bit, and the dude means well. Wait, fuck.. I've fallen out of character. But, you did too.

@Nekki said:

Well, fuck. That is bitterly ironic.

@IThinkUFailed said:

@WSS said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MikePT said:

Of course I bitched. I had like 20 active vps there and resold a many for local clients mostly. They used to ensure their prices were sustainable and turns out they had to increase it a few times already.

FiberFy was sustainable too, not when we got our VIP status removed. We invested over 1.5k there. You are aware we run a serious company in Portugal that does not focus on vps/dedicated right? But rather vinyl decals/printing, design, IT, AWS Management, NOC services (for several companies), etc.

• Should i open the paypal dispute to refund?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

@MikePT said:

FiberFy was sustainable too, not when we got our VIP status removed. We invested over 1.5k there. You are aware we run a serious company in Portugal that does not focus on vps/dedicated right? But rather vinyl decals/printing, design, IT, AWS Management, NOC services (for several companies), etc.

Perfume?

@mov3 said:
    Should i open the paypal dispute to refund?

Did you get the service you paid for?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @WSS said:

@MikePT said:

Perfume?

@mov3 said:
    Should i open the paypal dispute to refund?

Did you get the service you paid for?

yes but the vps down

• @MikePT said:

FiberFy was sustainable too, not when we got our VIP status removed.

But that was the problem, right? You were reliant on the VIP to keep going.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

@mov3 said:

yes but the vps down

How long did you pay, how long did it work, and have you had any response from their shitty support team?

@Nekki said:

@MikePT said:

We already know the answer to this. Gordon undercut him two weeks later by at least 30%, and..

• @MikePT said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@WSS said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MikePT said:

Of course I bitched. I had like 20 active vps there and resold a many for local clients mostly. They used to ensure their prices were sustainable and turns out they had to increase it a few times already.

I am aware you have a company that's doing well but you've had a few failures along the way too. I just think you should show a little bit of class. You're a good guy, I mean that genuinely but maybe it's worthwhile taking a step back and being a bit more understanding.

Thanked by 2MikePT WSS

@Nekki said:

@MikePT said:

Sadly yes, @Nekki. That was entirelly my fault. Business is business and I learned my lesson there. Still love the brands name tho.

• mov3mov3 Member
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:

@mov3 said:

yes but the vps down

How long did you pay, how long did it work, and have you had any response from their shitty support team?

I bought the hk vps on september 2017, they cacneled the hk location and credited my account, i use the credit to buy sg vps on december but the vps down few days, i opened the ticket but no respond.
    Sorry my bad english.

• WSSWSS Member

@mov3 said:
    I bought the hk vps on september 2017, they cacneled the hk location and credited my account, i use the credit to buy sg vps on december but the vps down few days, i opened the ticket but no respond.
    Sorry my bad english.

I bought one in November. Then I bought another 3. I had nearly completely sync'd my shit over from my more-expensive provider so I could start working on a simple sync setup that I could give to others (idiots) to do trivial CDN.

Two days later, it disappeared.

@WSS said:

@mov3 said:

yes but the vps down

@Nekki said:

@MikePT said:

We already know the answer to this. Gordon undercut him two weeks later by at least 30%, and..

It was not Gordons fault. BF offer etc ruined many business I had on table so I had to set some servers for cancellation and they promptly removed my VIP status. They did not give me enough time to grow, but that was their legitimate decision. They do not need to do charity.

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MikePT said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@WSS said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MikePT said:

I am aware you have a company that's doing well but you've had a few failures along the way too. I just think you should show a little bit of class. You're a good guy, I mean that genuinely but maybe it's worthwhile taking a step back and being a bit more understanding.

Ah, got it, sorry. Dont take my comments so serious. We all knew this would happen to dedicenter, we seen this many times. I did have my failures but admited those and learned from my mistakes. Still here, always willing to explain what went wrong and what I learned. That is the difference. Most deadpools disappear leaving no dust, trace, owing money and then later build a new brand. My failed adventures never had that. Never let a client down. That, I would not dare to think doing.

edited January 2018

@WSS said:

@mov3 said:
    Sorry my bad english.

I bought one in November. Then I bought another 3. I had nearly completely sync'd my shit over from my more-expensive provider so I could start working on a simple sync setup that I could give to others (idiots) to do trivial CDN.

Two days later, it disappeared.

Funnily enough I did a basic version of this with rsync and NS1. I had to do it this way due to the application and how it works but it works fairly well for the use case.

• WSSWSS Member

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Funnily enough I did a basic version of this with rsync and NS1. I had to do it this way due to the application and how it works but it works fairly well for the use case.

Hell, scp -r will do this for most cases.. I just wanted to earn a little good karma.

edited January 2018

@WSS said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

Hell, scp -r will do this for most cases.. I just wanted to earn a little good karma.

For sure. I setup rsync on a cron every minute or two to push any new content out to to the other servers l. Been thinking about reworking and optimizing but it's hard to think how. The application basically calls content and downloads it so you in effect stream the content and it's cached so ensuring the files are 100% the same on every server is crucial for the usability.

Was a fun idea to toy with and could definitely be improved without a doubt.

@MikePT - I'm on my phone so don't want to trim down a quote block but focusing on your customers is a great thing to do. Ensuring things leave on good terms is definitely the way to go

Thanked by 1MikePT

@IThinkUFailed said:

@WSS said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

For sure. I setup rsync on a cron every minute or two to push any new content out to to the other servers l. Been thinking about reworking and optimizing but it's hard to think how. The application basically calls content and downloads it so you in effect stream the content and it's cached so ensuring the files are 100% the same on every server is crucial for the usability.

Was a fun idea to toy with and could definitely be improved without a doubt.

@MikePT - I'm on my phone so don't want to trim down a quote block but focusing on your customers is a great thing to so. Ensuring things leave on good terms is definitely the way to go

Same here, not easy to split the replies!...
    But, sure is, indeed.

• A server appears to be offline. There is one server that I have already pending and paid for. Still waiting. Technical support ends without a response.
    I paid by credit card.