Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What does your LET username mean? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What does your LET username mean?

Comments

• Ochotona (latin name of pikas) -> Ocho' -> HotShow -> HotShot -> Shoshot -> ShotShot -> Shot² -> Shot2

• LESLES Member
    edited January 2018

LowEndScam LowEndSummer

• T. Mac.

Thanked by 2MrH MikePT
  • Who cares? You?

• my first name... i have been me all the time :) hahahha

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Mine was given to me as a personal handle from Internic many many years ago. Then i kept using it for other stuff.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Mine literally means "kid / child" and "cat", so it means "kitten"

• A play on "domains" since I sell them from time to time for money ("dough")

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Rayhan said: Who cares? You?

This is a US-based service and we're required to collect this information on an annual basis.

• @doughmanes said:
    A play on "domains" since I sell them from time to time for money ("dough")

Damn I only just got this. Been wonderin'

Thanked by 2doughmanes MikePT
  • An epiphany after a night of too much drinking 20 years ago

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Chaos.

• first name and first letter of my surname.., tbh in forums I tend to use my real name. In some forums I use the nicname Sagey, or if I've been registered a really long time TheAngel, which was my tag in Quake World cause I was always in white getting fragged :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2018

Ympker was the IGN of a highly valued guild member & good friend in RuneScape who passed away. Was probably my best friend back then (atleast 10 years ago). Carrying on that name ever since in basically all my online nicks.

Thanked by 3MikePT nulldev emperor
  • FredQcFredQc Member
    edited January 2018

Good question! No, "Qc" is not used for Quality check/control here but stands for "Quebec" where I live. The first part is pretty easy to guess :)

Thanked by 2PrestigeWS MikePT
  • @qps said:

raindog308 said: @qps is Quick Packet, etc.

Actually, QPS stands for QuickPacket Sales. I wanted just QP, but WHT wouldn't let me have a two letter username at that point in time.

(not that it matters anymore!)

• WSSWSS Member

@Ympker said:
    Ympker was the IGN of a highly valued guild member & good friend in RuneScape who passed away. Was probably my best friend back then (atleast 10 years ago). Carrying on that name ever since in basically all my online nicks.

Damn Zerg rushes.

• @WSS said:

@Ympker said:

Damn Zerg rushes.

Aren't Zerg rushes related to Starcraft somehow? Think Ive heard that one before.

• WSSWSS Member

@Ympker said:

@WSS said:

@Ympker said:

Damn Zerg rushes.

Aren't Zerg rushes related to Starcraft somehow? Think Ive heard that one before.

Yeah; Never played either game.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @raindog308 said:

This is a US-based service and we're required to collect this information on an annual basis.

You already know what my LET username Rayhan means. You also have my personal information included my home address and government issued ID Card details.

Is that much information is enough for 2018?

• Perry my name oo11 name Perry was always taken.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • WSSWSS Member

@Rayhan said:

@raindog308 said:

You already know what my LET username Rayhan means.

"Smelly bastard who gets easily trolled."

Thanked by 3Aidan Nekki Amitz
  • ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

Shazzan was a genie in a bottle in an old cartoon.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@WSS said:

@Rayhan said:

@raindog308 said:

You already know what my LET username Rayhan means.

"Smelly bastard who gets easily trolled."

Don't make him @SPUZE on you

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @WSS said: "Smelly bastard who gets easily trolled."

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

^Named after, long story, involves my older brother getting incredibly upset followed by a compromise. (true story).

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Is that much information is enough for 2018?

No.

• father of anas (means affable) + year born.

given to me by one of my teachers as an old arabian/islamic tradition,
    for more https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunya_(Arabic)

Thanked by 1ehab
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2018

@raindog308 said:
    Some of course are pretty obvious.

How about you?

Mine is not very interesting. I live in a very rainy place and at the time I had a dog (alternatively, a "raindog" is slang for a stranded dog, someone who sleeps in doorways, and a great Tom Waits album, little of which applies to me), and .308 is my favorite rifle caliber. Mostly, I needed a username and tried to find one that wasn't taken.

Correct! Mike = Miguel, PT = Portugal :D

My previous nickname, MrGeneral was tied to online games, mostly Counter-Strike, from 1.5, 1.6, Source. That was a long time ago. Also from Medal of Honor. Nowadays MrGeneral is still a nickname I use. Both MikePT and MrGeneral.

Edit: Still MrGeneral in IRC, since 2000.

• I've already said too much. I want a Lawyer.