Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NOCIX Issues?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NOCIX Issues?

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Anyone noticing issues with NOCIX servers?

Everything is working fine for me but it seems to be unreachable from certain ISPS.

Thanked by 1uptime

Comments

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

Well I'd call that a transit issue, rather than specifically a NOCIX issue unless they have a peering agreement with ${certain ISPS}.

I dumped WSI/Nocix a few months ago, but they were quite stable until the fucking shoeminers took over.

• HetrixTools monitoring is having kittens monitoring a Nocix server judging by the amount of excited emails coming through. Can't reach it from my side of the world, and neither can several monitoring sites. DDoS maybe? Has been up and down last hour.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@wss They've been OK for the most part aside from a few cases like this where they yo yo. Would be great if they could open their mouths once in a while and communicate this.

Looks like I'll be moving away from them too.

@kingjj Yeah it's starting to get a little annoying... Might check in with some other providers and move a couple nodes.

• WSSWSS Member

@agoldenberg They don't seem to be very proactive. I can understand some of their stances, but there's a reason why their 5-to-10-years-old hardware comes up for grabs every other day.

@wss indeed they're not. Even simple communications are a nightmare with them. I dread when shit happens because talking to them is like beating your head against a wall. They don't read tickets properly and don't seem to even monitor their own network for issues that come up.

Looks like they're having a massive problem right now lol!

Their response

Staff
    We currently have a large volume of tickets and are working to process them all in the order received.

• @agoldenberg said:
    @kingjj Yeah it's starting to get a little annoying... Might check in with some other providers and move a couple nodes.

TBH I've adopted the mantra 'You get what you pay for' with Nocix. My uptime for last 4 months has sat at 99.995% so I really can't complain too much about an hour here n there. Touch wood all stable last 30

• .. sigh.. My BF server from Dedispec is down too along with the Nocix ones. Nothing super important running on them, but still annoying. Hopefully they fix it soon

• Several months ago, I found a bug in their ticketing system that could let users order their servers for free and use as long as they want. I created a ticket to tell them and they even don't reply. LOL. I received a response ticket after about 2 weeks and they said they had fixed them. Very proactive. LOL.

Thanked by 1uptime

Support just said it should be available now.

• Probably some XO routing BS as usual. Man I can't stand those guys.

• Yeah, mine are back.. for now. At least they are cheap.

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

Mine is back as well :) Was unable to access few hours back

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2018

It actually was/is useful info for me - much appreciated. Thanks @agoldenberg !

@ionea no need to be a prick about it.

• Meaning .. some of them are still down. (having network issues to be exact)

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

Ok... cmon.

It took you 6 months of hosted with a super budget provider to realize their monthly downtime is too much for you.

Then you posted a Request asking for the same server at the same price.

At this point, I think you should probably just stick with WSI consider whatever you are working on doesn't seem that important to warrant a better uptime.

Prick? I think not... More like trying to bring you back to the reality.

@agoldenberg said:
    @ionea no need to be a prick about it.

Thanked by 3Clouvider Kris Lee

@ionea yeah I think it's a dick move to call me out for opening threads about a providers downtime. That being said my budget isn't insanely strict and I'm open to other options but your single post pointing to those threads is an ass hole comment that you made because what? Because you don't like seeing them? Just ignore it.

edited January 2018

LOL ok..

Somebody offered you a reasonable offer, but you asked them "can you read"

The ass hole comment award goes to you, sir !

@agoldenberg said:
    @gthost can you read? You're over budget and under spec.

@agoldenberg said:
    @ionea yeah I think it's a dick move to call me out for opening threads about a providers downtime. That being said my budget isn't insanely strict and I'm open to other options but your single post pointing to those threads is an ass hole comment that you made because what? Because you don't like seeing them? Just ignore it.

@ionea that offer was both below spec and over budget. Now had that offer been on spec and over budget that would have been fine to discuss. But I asked if that person could read because BOTH parts of the request were entirely ignored.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I have to agree with @lonea and others here. While the offer did not fit your budget or liking, you don't call out people like that. You either simply ignore it or try to haggle to make it fit.

Looking at your post history, I don't think you are going to get many offers (if any).

@deank No idea what you are referring to in my post history but sure if a provider goes down or has issues I talk about it. Additionally if a provider is particularly goog at what they do, I post about it.

I have a solid customer base, no spam complaints on my servers ever, and just pay my bills on time every month. You can ask any provider I've been with. However I do not tolerate stupid amounts of downtime with zero communication or explanation.

• agoldenberg said: However I do not tolerate stupid amounts of downtime with zero communication or explanation.

Common with WSI/Nocix/Dacentec/low end providers.

@doughmanes it seems that way. Looks like it's back to @qps :)

edited January 2018

Well how about this.

Maybe what you are seeking is so low that only WSI can do it. You wonder why no offers are rolling into your request thread?

Your request is actually the same as (if not worst) than that miner who wanted 2 x hex core for $60 bucks. Your 1TB SSD requirement is pretty much insane.

Maybe these thread will help you

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/131947/looking-for-20-dual-x5650#latest

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/133321/need-10-dual-e5-2660-v2-or-2670-2680-around-nocix-price#latest

@agoldenberg said:
    @ionea that offer was both below spec and over budget. Now had that offer been on spec and over budget that would have been fine to discuss. But I asked if that person could read because BOTH parts of the request were entirely ignored.

• They seem to have had a nice chunk of downtime from what I saw. Times are in PST.

This is against my colo'ed server I have with them. Yes I know the usage is low, awaiting response on how to progress with replacing hard drives in the box.

• Yeah QuickPacket is probably your best bet in regards to hardware and network plus the customer service/communication you're seeking

Thanked by 1qps
  • @doughmanes said:
    Yeah QuickPacket is probably your best bet in regards to hardware and network plus the customer service/communication you're seeking

I had a bunch of downtime with QPS while I was with them in Las Vegas.