Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anybody can pricematch this deal? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anybody can pricematch this deal?

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

I don't disagree with you- but you should provide a reason for a provider to take your business, beyond "HEY I WANT AN UNSUSTAINABLE DEAL".

• @WSS said:
    I don't disagree with you- but you should provide a reason for a provider to take your business, beyond "HEY I WANT AN UNSUSTAINABLE DEAL".

I'm not going to deal "unsustainable", I'm always renewing my servers. I can't get your point...

• WSSWSS Member

@hath said:

@WSS said:

I'm not going to deal "unsustainable", I'm always renewing my servers. I can't get your point...

You. Are. Asking. For. A. Black. Friday. Special. Price. Two. Months. Later. Because. BUTTCOIN. FAILS.

Not everyone is a libertarian; some folks here actually run a business.

• hathhath Member
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:

Not only buttcoin or some other shitcoin fails, bitcoin is failing. you can check coinbase

I know, so I added it to 75. You don't need to match blackfriday deal, but at least you must be cheaper than some biggest provider in the world---- why should somebody choose you, not the wsi(no risk of scam, very trustable) if you are not cheaper than them?

• WSSWSS Member

Likely due to the fact that WSI prices are for aging hardware; You are stuck with a limited OS list, and you will never get a KVM, but you can boot into sysresq from 2006?

• WHTWHT Member

There is no such price for 64gb ram and e5. Just buy the server for $2000-$3000 and find a colocation for $59 month.

Thanked by 1bacloud
  • hathhath Member
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:
    Likely due to the fact that WSI prices are for aging hardware; You are stuck with a limited OS list, and you will never get a KVM, but you can boot into sysresq from 2006?

Sorry just back, had a business to deal. Nice time debating with you:)

I don't mind this at all, so looking for some provider like that, but willing to offer lower price because wanting to scale up.

• WSSWSS Member

Neat. Good luck with your next $2 transaction.

• @WHT said:
    There is no such price for 64gb ram and e5. Just buy the server for $2000-$3000 and find a colocation for $59 month.

Yes this interesting idea. I'll invest on a rack when I earn my first million in next 4 or 5 years. But I don't have this anti-risk ability at the moment.

• hathhath Member
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:
    Neat. Good luck with your next $2 transaction.

My job can't be completed with a $2 VPS. I asked a provider before, and it is normally considered abuse with vps.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@hath, I don't understand your hostility. You've got a great deal, but rather than recognise the steal of a deal you have, you seem to have become rather entitled, thinking that all offers should be in the same price range.

You asked for a realistic price, and it was given. Realistically, at this moment in time, $100 + /month for a dedicated server with the specs given is a more reasonable (actually still cheap) price. You may not be willing to accept that price, and that's fine, but there is no need to talk down to people who are just answering a question YOU ASKED. It wasn't even an offer being made, just a more realistic price for which you would likely be offered in the future.

$59 is a loss leader price. At BEST it's a break even price, and so long term, such pricing is not sustainable. Sustainable meaning the host will not be able to offer an unlimited number of such spec servers at that price. Being able to sustain 1 server is not what people were talking about (and you seem to be confused on this point).

Do some simple maths and you will find that $100-$120/m is still very cheap, and actually $75 and under is kindof unreasonably and unsustainably cheap.

Why do you think the crash in crypto will have much of an effect on the cost of hosting? BTC mining uses ASIC machines which are useless for anything but BTC mining. The biggest coins almsot exclusively use GPUs, which are not big in the hosting biz, and the few coins which are profitable to mine with CPUs are not as profitable as mining with GPUs, and so mostly it's probably hosts with excess capacity using those CPUs for mining (like us).

Now we are putting our unused CPUs to good use and mining various cryptos while they would otherwise be nothing. But it's not really economical to buy servers for the purpose of mining, and it's still more profitable to simply rent out the servers rather than mine.

Calm down and have some respect for others. Some hosts are willing to offer amazing deals if they like you. But I don't see anyone on this forum offering you anything because you don't seem to be the kind of client anyone is actually looking for.

• derpydmderpydm Member
    edited January 2018

@hath said:

@WHT said:

Yes this interesting idea. I'll invest on a rack when I earn my first million in next 4 or 5 years. But I don't have this anti-risk ability at the moment.

Since you want to earn your first million, why are you hunting on a board for low end servers?

You'd be better off snatching something from Hetzner instead of sitting here insulting everyone. You won't be losing thousands everytime your server goes down, for one.

EDIT:
    tl;dr

"lmao im gonna earn my first million you poorfags"

wants to cheap out on his million dollar earning machine

• @WSS said:
    You tend to request things which are already loss leaders. Pony up for the damn machine or eat a bag of dicks.

• hathhath Member
    edited January 2018

@randvegeta said:

but $75 is a sustainable price, as wsi is always selling at this price. so that guy who says "double" is joking or lying

@derpydm said:

everybody are dreaming of million profit in several years, but you should know that this is only a dream. I didn't earned even 10% of a million now

• hathhath Member
    edited January 2018

everybody show some strange hostility to "impossible price". but I think if you can't offer it, you can just don't reply it. I didn't harm you in any cases. please delete this post, thanks

@Nekki this is admin username if I'm correct?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

@hath said:
    @Nekki this is admin username if I'm correct?

Haha. Last person you want in this thread :-)

@Nekki don’t disappoint :-)

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • hath said: when I earn my first million

Next thread: "LOSING MILLIONS DUE TO SHITHOST 2 MINUTE DOWNTIME!!!!!"

Thanked by 3WSS bugrakoc bacloud
  • Keep in mind that 1) black friday deals are often loss-leaders 2) dedispec's support department is basically AFK the entire day, so there's barely any cost there and 3)

A E5-2660 consumes 95w, and the deal seems to have been for a dual-cpu system, so lets say the entire system consumes 250w, with 300w from the outlet. This times 24h a day, 30 days a month gives you 216kwh per month. At a somewhat-average price of 0.2 usd per kwh, that's already 43 usd in power costs alone. Then there's ip fees. As you have 5 useable ips, you get a /29, or 8 ips. At an average cost of 1 usd/month per ip that'd put the expenses per server at 51 usd for the provider. Add 5tb bandwidth (~20mbit) at bottom-end pricing of 0.2 usd per mbit to that, and you're at 54 usd. This leaves the provider 5 usd/month to pay off the system and the (probably new-ish) ssd. Average price for such an ssd is 150 usd, so that's a ROI of 30 months, and that is without you ever needing any assistance through support.

Add to that any fees for cooling, rackspace used, and you'll soon see why people call this "an offer they cannot, and will not, match".

You quoted WSI as 74 usd/month. Why not go with them? Although they seem to be out of stock. Might have something to do with coinminers snatching every cheap cpu cycle.

hath said: but $75 is a sustainable price, as wsi is always selling at this price. so that guy who says "double" is joking or lying

No it isn't, and you seem to struggle with understanding basic economics here.

First of all, different markets have different costs and so prices may vary. Few places will be able to run a server of the given spec at the price you have stated at any sustainable rate. They may have existing stock that they can offer at a lower price, but that's not the same thing.

As I have said before, you have identified a cheap deal, and you have an excellent deal right now. But don't be an entitled prick in thinking that every provider must also follow in that pricing model and that anyone charging more is ripping you off. There are many factors that affect the price of a hosting plan. Power costs, bandwidth cost, physical space cost, labour costs, hardware costs, etc. Not everyone pays the same rate for everything, and in MOST places, $75 or under is unsustainably cheap.

$59 $75 is already fairly reasonable / standard for colocation in most places. You're asking for a whole server to be thrown in at colo prices. So mostly, unless a host has an abundant supply of hardware that fits your needs that they are not selling, IT'S NOT SUSTAINABLE.

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • 404error404error Member
    edited January 2018

@hath said:

Isn't everybody acting like this?>

No, some people actually understand that in a business relationship there's more to it than just price.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

@hath said:

@MikeA said:

@hath said:
    Can you suggest me a price? thanks

About double.

lol, I can go wholesaleinternet at $74, double of $59 means $118, are you joking

What do you expect? Cheap mining source?

@hath said:

@randvegeta said:

but $75 is a sustainable price, as wsi is always selling at this price. so that guy who says "double" is joking or lying

@derpydm said:

everybody are dreaming of million profit in several years, but you should know that this is only a dream. I didn't earned even 10% of a million now

You are completely lost. If you find similar server for $59 - $74, please let me know. I am interested to take them all.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2018

hath said: I'm doing SEO, need that 64RAM. F*** Samsung :(

Search engine optimalization? Why does that need 64GB of RAM? What app are you running?

• WSSWSS Member

@FHR said:

hath said: I'm doing SEO, need that 64RAM. F*** Samsung :(

Search engine optimalization? Why does that need 64GB of RAM? What app are you running?

SuperGoogleKlickerShoeMineSEO#1.vbs

• HarzemHarzem Member
    edited January 2018
    • is a business man
    • can't colocate a $2000 server because doesn't have anti-risk ability at the moment
    • constantly busy with business dealings
    • built an automated a way to move dedicated servers, but doesn't make money selling that script instead
    • has time to post 50 posts on a low end forum, apparently his time isn't valuable at all
    • but he doesn't want to pay $0.5/day extra. Spends days finding a server that's $0.5/day cheaper.
    • possibly 14 years old or younger.
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

@Harzem said:

• is a business man
    • can't colocate a $2000 server because doesn't have anti-risk ability at the moment
    • constantly busy with business dealings
    • built an automated a way to move dedicated servers, but doesn't make money selling that script instead
    • has time to post 50 posts on a low end forum, apparently his time isn't valuable at all
    • but he doesn't want to pay $0.5/day extra
    • possibly 14 years old or less.

>

• has an awesome coffee mug

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Is this guy looking for an unsustainable deal or fights?

Or both?

• HarzemHarzem Member
    edited January 2018
    • has only purchased 2 dedicated servers in his life, as per testimony.
    • has an automated way of moving dedicated servers.
    • claims he always pays for servers for years.
    • thinks bitcoin crash somehow causes providers to sell dedicated servers for cheap.

awesome, awesome member. Love him already.

• @teamacc said:

You are clever, I agree with you.

@randvegeta said:
    different markets have different costs and so prices may vary

Does that mean I can simply resell wsi or hetzner and make some random brand and hire some random tech and profit?

hath said: Does that mean I can simply resell wsi or hetzner and make some random brand and hire some random tech and profit?

I thought you were a business man.

There are many re-sellers doing exactly this actually. But not all servers are equal.

If we were selling the server of the spec you listed, we would charge around $250 /month. But we are based in Hong Kong and that makes a difference. Everything is more expensive in HK. So maybe you think you can resell your cheap server of identical spec to my client base. But that won't work 99% of the time. Why? Because there is more to a dedicated server than the hardware. In our case, it's mostly about the location and network. WSI and Hetzner just cannot compete in certain areas.

So just having a cheap price is not enough to get the business (normally).

• WSSWSS Member

#dicknuts