Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budget European Colo Anyone? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budget European Colo Anyone?

13»

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

WSS said: You just kind of rub me wrong sometimes

Maybe if I apply some lotion? Dry rubs chafe! I can make it feel good, just give me a chance!

It's not that I dislike you.

A rare thing to be able to detest someone while NOT disliking them. Truly amazing. I suppose you could detest rub downs, while also enjoying them....

WSS said: I hate miners, though. Minors, too. GODDAMMIT GET OFF MY LAWN!

I think the vast majority of people coming on here asking for servers for the purpose of mining are generally a deplorable bunch. They are basically asking for free money and get upset when they don't get what they want.

Proper miners are far more reasonable, who invest real money in real equipment. I don't think mining is a particularly good thing, and I certainly don't believe in the long term future of cryptos. If you ask me, we would be better off without all these ShitCoins. But as a hosting provider, I don't really care what you're doing so long as it's legal.

Co-locating miners or servers, it makes little difference to me actually. I would rather host regular servers... but if I was a restaurateur who's selling fine Chinese food, but everyone just wanted to buy a plate of chips and sweet and sour sauce, I wouldn't turn them away :-).

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member

@randvegeta said:

WSS said: You just kind of rub me wrong sometimes

Maybe if I apply some lotion? Dry rubs chafe! I can make it feel good, just give me a chance!

It's not that I dislike you.

A rare thing to be able to detest someone while NOT disliking them. Truly amazing. I suppose you could detest rub downs, while also enjoying them....

Depends. What matter of lubrication?

WSS said: I hate miners, though. Minors, too. GODDAMMIT GET OFF MY LAWN!

I think the vast majority of people coming on here asking for servers for the purpose of mining are generally a deplorable bunch. They are basically asking for free money and get upset when they don't get what they want.

Proper miners are far more reasonable, who invest real money in real equipment. I don't think mining is a particularly good thing, and I certainly don't believe in the long term future of cryptos. If you ask me, we would be better off without all these ShitCoins. But as a hosting provider, I don't really care what you're doing so long as it's legal.

Co-locating miners or servers, it makes little difference to me actually. I would rather host regular servers... but if I was a restaurateur who's selling fine Chinese food, but everyone just wanted to buy a plate of chips and sweet and sour sauce, I wouldn't turn them away :-).

Your silken tongue has done its' magic, twitching within my inner ear canal. Commence tugging, "rubdown".

WSS said: Depends. What matter of lubrication?

Whatever floats your boat ;). I've got some cooking oil handy. But if you're feeling fancy, we can get some coconut oil! Much better than the synthetic 'massage oils'. Though I've heard some good things about Nuru! You open to some back door action?

WSS said: Your silken tongue has done its' magic, twitching within my inner ear canal. Commence tugging, "rubdown".

Anything to please a client!

• WSSWSS Member

@randvegeta said:

WSS said: Depends. What matter of lubrication?

Whatever floats your boat ;). I've got some cooking oil handy. But if you're feeling fancy, we can get some coconut oil! Much better than the synthetic 'massage oils'. Though I've heard some good things about Nuru! You open to some back door action?

I... I... dunno. Are you asking me to approach your loading dock?

WSS said: Your silken tongue has done its' magic, twitching within my inner ear canal. Commence tugging, "rubdown".

Anything to please a client!

You're hired!

Just keep those shoeminers locked in the closet.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @randvegeta

If only shipping it there didn't cost so much, this would be a viable option.

Here in Canada, to ship a Raspberry Pi to Lithuania, you'd have to pay multitudes more than the price to colocate to even send it:

These are prices for a 100 gram, envelope sized packet. Damn.

• @randvegeta said:
    I have my own margins (slim as they may be) on power and bandwidth. With the setup I have in mind, we would likley run out of IPs and Power long before we run out of space or cooling capacity.

You don't need to provide any public ipv4 for these miners, just a small bandwidth, right?

• randvegeta said:

I suppose 15 mins after the first hour.

Ouch, that is painful too, the 1 hour minimum. I imagined an occasional very quick operation like swapping out a USB hard drive. If that got billed as 15 minutes, then ok, but a full hour sounds expensive.

@willie said:

randvegeta said:

I suppose 15 mins after the first hour.

Ouch, that is painful too, the 1 hour minimum. I imagined an occasional very quick operation like swapping out a USB hard drive. If that got billed as 15 minutes, then ok, but a full hour sounds expensive.

You know, in HK we either do it for free, or for the full hourly rate. It depends. If you need to swap out some USB drive but can wait till convenient for us then it would be free. If you want it NOW NOW NOW, then it would be charged. We are not unreasonable people :).

@cpsd said:

@randvegeta said:
    I have my own margins (slim as they may be) on power and bandwidth. With the setup I have in mind, we would likley run out of IPs and Power long before we run out of space or cooling capacity.

You don't need to provide any public ipv4 for these miners, just a small bandwidth, right?

Actually NAT is fine for miners. They do not need a dedicated IPv4 at all. Perhaps there are some ipv6 pools too?

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • I have another idea about the bandwith/traffic billing, but don't know how feasible this would be:

STEP1: Freely choose the port speed in 1 or 10 MBit increments up to 1000 MBit.

STEP2: Choose if that speed should be unmetered or metered per GB (or in 10 or 100GB increments).

STEP3:
    If metered: Choose if the traffic should be prepaid and have a monthly limit, or payed "as you go" at the end of the month (optionally with a limit to prevent unusually high bills)
    If unmetered: Choose between dedicated and shared/oversold/fairuse bandwith with a guaranteed minimum speed.
    Metered would be "dedicated" by default (read: the customer could always burst to his chosen port speed, no matter how busy other customers are at that moment).

So, the bandwith pricing would be a "matrix" where any combination of speed and traffic is possible, to cover all usecases once and for all. 1MBit with 1GB, 120MBit shared unmetered with 30MBit guaranteed, 67MBit dedicated metered with a 3TB limit, you name it!

Maybe that's too complicated to implement/monitor/account.
    But maybe it would be doable, if speed and traffic could only be chosen in increments (eg. 10MBit, 100GB) instead of totally freely. Or if you would only offer a dozen pre-defined combinations that make the most sense for different usecases.
    Whatever! I'm just brainstorming here.

Good luck with the lotion project! Maybe @Nekki wants to film that?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • skbenterpriseskbenterprise Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

-- wrong post --

• @sbakker said:
    Hello,

We offer colocation from our private corridor in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

Our packages start from 25 EUR per month (30,56 USD).

Starting package:

• 1U rackspace
    • 0,5 Amps (230V / 115W / 83 kWh)
    • 5 TB traffic
    • 100 Mbps uplink (1 Gbps possible)
    • 1 IPv4 & IPv6

When interested, feel free to send me a message.

Greetings,
    Simon

You may be slighly retarded

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • cassacassa Member
    edited January 2018

@sbakker said:
    Hello,

We offer colocation from our private corridor in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

Our packages start from 25 EUR per month (30,56 USD).

Starting package:

• 1U rackspace
    • 0,5 Amps (230V / 115W / 83 kWh)
    • 5 TB traffic
    • 100 Mbps uplink (1 Gbps possible)
    • 1 IPv4 & IPv6

When interested, feel free to send me a message.

Greetings,
    Simon

Why are you posting this

• In our country, a company bills bandwidth which ever smaller between these two.

1. Highest peak in the 5 min MRTG graph

2. 3x the average bandwidth used.

First 10Mbit/s incl. Additional $15/Mbit

So maybe you can go something like

whichever smaller between 95th percentil or 3x avg bw used?

• omelasomelas Member
    edited January 2018

@randvegeta said:
    Physical Space: Free (within reason)

can I put a rackmount drawer there? :P

@omelas said:

@randvegeta said:

Yeah sure.

But why? :p

• @randvegeta said:

@omelas said:

@randvegeta said:

Yeah sure.

Store his dildos.

• WSSWSS Member

@6ixth said:

@randvegeta said:

@omelas said:

@randvegeta said:

Yeah sure.

Store his dildos.

In which case, he should check to see what Transit ends up beinjg. You wouldn't want to colicate $4,000 worth of dildos only to have them shipped back destroyed

Thanked by 16ixth
  • @WSS said:

@6ixth said:

@randvegeta said:

@omelas said:

@randvegeta said:

Yeah sure.

Store his dildos.

In which case, he should check to see what Transit ends up beinjg. You wouldn't want to colicate $4,000 worth of dildos only to have them shipped back destroyed

Indeed, that would be a very stupid idea.

• @6ixth said:

@WSS said:

@6ixth said:

@randvegeta said:

@omelas said:

@randvegeta said:

Yeah sure.

Store his dildos.

I think he’d rather stuff it full of nuc’s or a raspberry pi and 1337x hdd’s

• WSSWSS Member

@FoxelVox said:

@6ixth said:

@WSS said:

@6ixth said:

@randvegeta said:

@omelas said:

@randvegeta said:

Yeah sure.

Store his dildos.

Well that's stupid! Where's he going to put the dildos then?

• @WSS said:

@FoxelVox said:

@6ixth said:

@WSS said:

@6ixth said:

@randvegeta said:

@omelas said:

@randvegeta said:

Yeah sure.

Store his dildos.

Well that's stupid! Where's he going to put the dildos then?

Good point, i’d guess he glues them in and around the rack

• Nice idea, would be in with a Plex server.