Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much is your electricity? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much is your electricity?

Comments

• In my city (Russian Federation, Siberia, city Tomsk):

2.40 rub (by current rate of USD) $0.042 for 1 kWh at daily time
    1.67 rub = $0.029 for 1 kWh at night
    Including all taxes an delivery cost.

This tariff for private persons, not an organizations. But, a private person has no limit how many kW use, but has a limit of peak load (for my house it is equal to 15kWh, but I sometimes I'm getting 30-35kW for heating in winter, without penalty)

In Russia, unlike USA Texas, you have no problems with cooling. You can mine a cryptocurrency and get a heat for your house!

Moreover, many people in Siberia have private houses and use electricy to just a heating water that circulated in tubes for heating a house. You can try to make a business idea how to replace an electric heating boiler to cryptomining equipment and... this solution is really profitable for both sides.

• Germany, at the local municipal provider:
    republican energy: 0.2418€/kWh + 7.85€ base per month incl. tax
    green energy: 0.2484€/kWh + 7.85€ base per month incl. tax

• @that_guy said:
    Germany, at the local municipal provider:
    republican energy: 0.2418€/kWh + 7.85€ base per month incl. tax
    green energy: 0.2484€/kWh + 7.85€ base per month incl. tax

Sitting in the same boat, i'm a bit jealous of the other people here.

• RamiRami Member
    edited January 2018

upto 200Kw $0.0153
    from 201 to 650 $0.039
    from 651 to 1000 $0.07
    over 1000 $0.077

So on average usage I'm paying around $0.05

• @ramnet said:

@default said:
    S-o that is why people want to live în USA. That is insanely cheap.

We pay for it in other ways unfortunately.

e.g. invading other countries with democracy

Thanked by 2default pike
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

13.110p (GBP) per kWH + £95.52/yr standing charge.

• lionlion Member
    edited January 2018

@hackerman said:
    e.g. invading other countries with democracy

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

UK about £0.09/Kwh

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2018

All I know is, our fees in Portugal, seem to be much higher.

I could be wrong though. But 1 server (200watts PSU), 2 PC's for 8h a day, vinyl plotter, routers etc, we pay close to 50 EUR a month in our company and we don't even play games or use much CPU other than José sometimes doing his rendering :|

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2018

As per: https://lojaluz.com/preco-kwh-edp#tarifa-eletricidade

0,15-0,17 + VAT, plus daily charge of around 21 cents.

Edit: Officially, https://www.edp.pt/media/1330961/tarifarios-eletricidade.pdf , around 21 cents a day for the power + 16 cents per kWh. Expensive for a country like ours.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

AlexanderM said: UK about £0.09/Kwh

wtf, who are you with?

Thanked by 2Tom adamluk
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited January 2018

kWh: 0,28€ in Germany

10€ a month for "service"

38,5% power from renewable energy

• UK 14.92p per kWh standing charge 25.48p per day

• beaglebeagle Member
    edited January 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

AlexanderM said: UK about £0.09/Kwh

wtf, who are you with?

I thought the same, but you were quicker lol

• Up to 2000 kWh per month at $0.05 per kWh or $100 a month in Texas. After 2000, the rate is around $0.075 per kWh

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited January 2018

0-402 kWh: $0.16/kWh

403-1608 kWh: $0.25kWh

1609+ kWh: $0.31kWh

• Around 0.13€ per kWh in Austria, Germany around 0.16€ per kWh and Netherlands around 0.18€ per kWh, on a fixed price. Base costs are highest in Germany directly followed by Netherlands. All on industrial energy sourcing contracts.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Pretty darn expensive. 0.24$/kWh in the Czech Republic. I envy you, people from Texas.

• Some years ago they deregulated the market. You can see power prices in all major areas using this website http://powertochoose.org.

• @florianb said:
    Around 0.13€ per kWh in Austria, Germany around 0.16€ per kWh and Netherlands around 0.18€ per kWh, on a fixed price. Base costs are highest in Germany directly followed by Netherlands. All on industrial energy sourcing contracts.

NL industry prices are not 0.18 per kWh, it's consumer prices
    you should be around ~0.08 to 0.10 euro per kWh for industrial

• vpsGOD said:

Tamil Nadu, India 0.016USD= 1 INR

Wow that is insanely cheap. No wonder our exporters complain about high power prices.

citizenru said:

2.40 rub (by current rate of USD) $0.042 for 1 kWh at daily time 1.67 rub = $0.029 for 1 kWh at night Including all taxes an delivery cost.

Your government is problematic though. Russia has been making all sorts of statements when it comes to cryptocurrencies. It's like they want to breed uncertainty.

• Turkey Diyarbakir, Tunceli FREE

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • @Abdussamad said:

citizenru said:

2.40 rub (by current rate of USD) $0.042 for 1 kWh at daily time 1.67 rub = $0.029 for 1 kWh at night Including all taxes an delivery cost.

Your government is problematic though. Russia has been making all sorts of statements when it comes to cryptocurrencies. It's like they want to breed uncertainty.

How the russian government has an impact on mining? The main thing is electricity and cooling conditions. A mining is not prohibited here. There are no laws in Russia relative to cryptocurrencies.

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited January 2018

citizenru said: How the russian government has an impact on mining? The main thing is electricity and cooling conditions. A mining is not prohibited here. There are no laws in Russia relative to cryptocurrencies.

Your government has been wishy-washy when it comes to bitcoin and crypto currencies. This article explains some of the issues. It seems that they are creating uncertainty on purpose so that if any bitcoin business grows too big they can come in and take it over on the grounds that it is illegal. OTOH bitcoin businesses connected to the ruling elite will be allowed to grow.

• @Abdussamad said:

citizenru said: How the russian government has an impact on mining? The main thing is electricity and cooling conditions. A mining is not prohibited here. There are no laws in Russia relative to cryptocurrencies.

Your government has been wishy-washy when it comes to bitcoin and crypto currencies. This article explains some of the issues. It seems that they are creating uncertainty on purpose so that if any bitcoin business grows too big they can come in and take it over on the grounds that it is illegal. OTOH bitcoin businesses connected to the ruling elite will be allowed to grow.

You mixed cryptomining and bitcoin payments. Let's imagine that all cryptocurrencies is totally prohibited in Russia. What's to stop you from mining?

• ChronicChronic Member
    edited January 2018

Around 0.06 EUR/kWh, but there are additional costs on top of that, which bring it to around twice as much.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

1.25 EGP per KW, I’m using around 150 to 200KW per month

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@citizenru said:

@Abdussamad said:

You mixed cryptomining and bitcoin payments. Let's imagine that all cryptocurrencies is totally prohibited in Russia. What's to stop you from mining?

Not familiar at all with Russian laws on crypto, but it is kindof interesting to note that crypto payments are the same as crypto transactions, and mining is the processing of transactions. So if there is a law that forbids you from accepting or processing crypto transactions, that may technically cover mining too.

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited January 2018

citizenru said:

They've said in the past that only authorized companies should do cryptocurrency mining. They want people to stop doing them in their homes and offices on a small-medium scale. That means that they want to extract their cut from crypto miners in the form of license fees, taxes or whatever. Maybe they don't want people to abuse subsidized (?) electricity connections? Venezuela for instance cracked down on mining for that reason.

There was also a story that a company connected to Putin was making a big investment in bitcoin mining. Another story about Russia developing its own ASICs.

So you see it is all over the place. Both positive and negative stories have come out of your country. Foreign investors don't know what to think. I guess you locals have a better idea of how to navigate this environment.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

Abdussamad said: Your government is problematic though. Russia has been making all sorts of statements when it comes to cryptocurrencies. It's like they want to breed uncertainty.

Another nuance is that all the countries of the former USSR are absolutely similar. Even thinking, acting and all the rest.

In the CIS: I want and do, in a reasonable amount so that there are no problems. This principle works.Could not make money, it means your problems. Could earn it all means cool.
    In the last time in the CIS, there are a lot of additional millionaires.

In my environment there are a lot of very messy people who have earned on CS:GO roulettes, cryptocurrencies, minecraft servers, sales of dedicated servers.