Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net outage - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net outage

2»

Comments

• Mine is down now :(

• XeiXei Member

Two had outages but was resolved 5mins prior to their post about the router working after some electrical cycle. I haven't logged in since but I imagine they are still up. If not I'll update here.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

@LTniger said:

Razza said: Since Online is a budget host I doubt they got much redundancy for anything

Since when online.net is a budget provider? Their Premium support package and WOPR server line seems very non-budget solution.

Shit happens, cheapskates know that and don't cry. Not enjoying? Pack your p0rn and mining shit and move over.

Props for online.net!

They might be housed in a different segment with different parameters.

• rdesrdes Member
    edited January 2018

Online.net has 99.9% SLA in basic service level (and 99.95 in businnes service) and they exceed it heavily with todays 15h outage.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@rdes said:
    Online.net has 99.9% SLA in basic service level (and 99.95 in businnes service) and they exceed it heavily with todays 15h outage.

• levnodelevnode Member
    edited January 2018

I have some servers with Online.net (purchased directly, DC2, 163.172.x.x IP). 1 of them is currently down for 16 hours with the reason "Power unavailable". Maybe someone forgot to plug the power cord?

• Im up now ! yeahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• levnodelevnode Member
    edited January 2018

And now, 2 other servers stuck at Supermicro boot screen due to bios update. What the fuck is happening here???

• @levnode said:
    And now, 2 other servers stuck at Supermicro boot screen due to bios update. What the fuck is happening here???

nah, same problem,

support ticket:

"Hello,

A BIOS update has been made on your server but it didn't worked,
    i will transmit your issue to the concerned team and
    come back to you as soon as possible And
    if you can make a backup of your data.
    Your server is available for now."

But server never online, lol..

• levnodelevnode Member
    edited January 2018

Mine:

Hellon <--- Yep, Hell on. LOL

>

We are checking this server.
    We will get back here asap.

Best regards,

Flavio
    Online / Scaleway

And no more updates for ~15h.

Maybe they should change their logo to this?

Thanked by 2karjaj CConner
  • interesting enough they do bios updates without asking or at least informing the clients beforehand... hmm.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • rdesrdes Member
    edited January 2018

@Falzo There's notice in online.net console, that automatic bios update will occur after reboot, but it's really too complicated task to do it that way, especially when support lacks..

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @rdes thanks for pointing out, where exactly do you see this?

I can't spot something like this, but my server has already been rebooted (by their support?) 3 days ago, so it might already have happened...

to post it there but not send a notification via mail seems even more... weird.

• rdesrdes Member
    edited January 2018

@Falzo It's in the manage page beetwen network and monitoring but I have this notification only for classic and LT dediboxes, there's no such tab for deals servers etc (so far..).

Thanked by 2Falzo vimalware
  • maitikeisimaitikeisi Member
    edited January 2018

@rdes said:
    @Falzo It's in the manage page beetwen network and monitoring but I have this notification only for classic and LT dediboxes, there's no such tab for deals servers etc (so far..).

I'm guessing that the deals servers are a bit older, so it will take a bit longer for the microcode updates to arrive, but there's a status page for dedibox updates here:
    https://www.scaleway.com/meltdown-spectre-status/
    scroll to about halfway of the page to see info about dedicated servers.

edit: Online.net blog had this status update
    "Important: We were notified by hardware vendors that Intel' microcode updates for PRO 2016 (DSS1510), Classic 2016 & LT2014D/LT2015D (R220) may cause instabilities. We've stopped the deployment of these microcodes and are waiting for new ones to mitigate the Spectre 2 vulnerabity."

I've got a R220 machine (LT DEALS 1701.1) and according to dell it should get the BIOS update on Feb 1st, so probably around then the update will appear for it.
    https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln308588/microprocessor-side-channel-vulnerabilities--cve-2017-5715--cve-2017-5753--cve-2017-5754---impact-on-dell-emc-products--dell-enterprise-servers--storage-and-networking-?lang=en

Thanked by 1Shot2