Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letting someone else pay my bill !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Letting someone else pay my bill !

inklightinklight Member
edited January 2018 in Help

Hi everyone , this is nightmare I face every year when my bills are due ,
the country I live in didn't have any electronic payment solution avaliable
( No CC , No Paypal , No Banks-transfer from any kind ) ,
Even the only Virtual Bank listed my country , I used for years closed my account 6 months ago , sent me Email telling me your country aren't supported anymore .
So the only solution for me now is asking someone else ( from another country ) to pay my bill and I'll find another way to pay him back .
I ask provider here if it's OK to do so , or what is the right legal way to do this ( Like adding the other person details on my account ..etc ! )

Comments

• crypto currency?

• Is this Mohammed?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2018

It depends on the provider. Most providers will require the user have a sub-account in the billing system because receiving a payment from another country is usually a red flag.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • inklightinklight Member
    edited January 2018

@willie said:
    crypto currency?

Even that I can't get they will need CC to exchange Plus all crypto Banks isn't support my country yet (most of them List EU-NA-Aus etc)

• @inklihght You're not really known around here, so you'll have a harder time finding someone that can help you. Having said that, where are you located?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Florida maybe.

Thanked by 2ghettoHost steny
  • doghouch said: You're not really known around here, so you'll have a harder time finding someone that can help you.

I'm doing IM since 8 years at least , and I haven't had issue with any provider . I deeply stick with the law , and read every single paragraph on TOS ,
    I was working with local student Agency in past and I was response on Student Applications forums for abroad universities and I fill Visa Application for them too and I never made single mistake during my work .
    so how could I made any mistakes on my own business accounts !

doghouch said: Having said that, where are you located?

I can't say directly , I sent you PM

• XeiXei Member

Sounds legit.

Thanked by 1pike
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Every provider is different. I don't like things like this because if the "other person" decides to dispute or chargeback, the actual account owner typically gets super pissed when they get suspended or closed.

• WHTWHT Member

If you can find a way to pay your "friend" then you can find a way to pay the provider.

• edited January 2018

@inklight said:

doghouch said: You're not really known around here, so you'll have a harder time finding someone that can help you.

I'm doing IM since 8 years at least , and I haven't had issue with any provider .

>

I don't think most people are going to know what you mean by IM, because this is not a marketing forum. IM = Internet Marketing.

• WHT said:

If you can find a way to pay your "friend" then you can find a way to pay the provider.

Meh, it can bloody difficult even from the US, especially if you don't use crypto currency. Paypal perenially sucks, credit card issuers go berserk declining charges, etc. I actually think the monthly payment requirement is a significant SPOF in online.net's supposedly highly reliable C14 storage product. The OVH counterpart lets you pay a year in advance, which is 12x fewer chances for the payment to fail.

I like prgmr.com which allows even small accounts to pay by check (I don't have anything with them right now though). OP might be able to work something out with an international money order.

• XeiXei Member

@willie said:

WHT said:

Meh, it can bloody difficult even from the US, especially if you don't use crypto currency. Paypal perenially sucks, credit card issuers go berserk declining charges, etc. I actually think the monthly payment requirement is a significant SPOF in online.net's supposedly highly reliable C14 storage product. The OVH counterpart lets you pay a year in advance, which is 12x fewer chances for the payment to fail.

I have never had a problem making a payment to countless providers with PayPal or CC. I have no idea how to use crypto currency and would imagine paying with crypto is harder not easier for the average consumer. No issues with OVH, Kimsufi, Online.net or Scaleway all of which I use. Just my experience anyways...

• vovlervovler Member
    edited January 2018

@WSS may let you pay with "special services", PM him

• WSSWSS Member

@vovler said:
    @WSS may let you pay with "special services", PM him

Please don't PM any offers tanks .

• @inklight What's wrong with mentioning the country that you're in?

Thanked by 1Rami
  • @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@inklight said:

doghouch said: You're not really known around here, so you'll have a harder time finding someone that can help you.

I'm doing IM since 8 years at least , and I haven't had issue with any provider .

>

I don't think most people are going to know what you mean by IM, because this is not a marketing forum. IM = Internet Marketing.

I thought it was instant messenger

• W**HT said: If you can find a way to pay your "friend" then you can find a way to pay the provider.

I can pay to other person on different way I may send money to his relative here , that's is best choice for me .
    Plus I had only one online bank that not drop my country from it list , but that bank uses different cards system ( onecard.net ) but it not supported by any US-EU-Asian companies .
    In short the Idea I'm thinking about is making the account from my home country with my personal details , and I select the service I'm welling to pay and send the generated Invoice to the other person to Pay it ( e.g with PayPal )

doghouch said: What's wrong with mentioning the country that you're in?

Because if someone (in my country) knows that's I'm doing ( Internet marketing )/working online , they may think kidnaping me thinking I'm rich . unfortunately kidnaping very common here and gangs start using Internet to hunt down people( they search for any info to reach their victims )

• Who's the provider? How much is it?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

inklight said: read every single paragraph on TOS

edited January 2018

@MasonR said:

inklight said: read every single paragraph on TOS

![]

I tried once to sell Shared Hosting service . and I learned too much from reading other providers TOS specially when it comes for hosted files and it contents

• Hang on, let me just go buy the winning ticket of the lottery (I memorized the numbers from the TV coming on tomorrow) and I will pay all your bills for you.

edited January 2018

cheapwebdev said: I will pay all your bills for you.

You misunderstood the title I'm not searching for some one pay my bill ,

I ask providers here , if its OK the the admin of server being in country while someone else pay the bill ,
    I already had ( relative lives on US ) but he knows nothing about hosting WHMCS if I sent him the bill and he pay with Paypal , some provider will think it's scame etc .
    As the billing address are not the same original address , if it shared host the provider my say OK since Limitation that ShareHost had , but buying VPS server is different aspect ,
    thats why I come here to hear from the providers directly .

• inklight said: You misunderstood the title I'm not searching for some one pay my bill

No mate, your title reads exactly as if that's what you're asking for.

Folks round here read the title and fuck all else.

Thanked by 2simlev Janevski
  • inklight said: ... relative lives on US ...

If you already have someone who can potentially fund/pay into a Paypal account, can't you create a separate Paypal account that you handle/manage (to pay VPS bills etc.) which is funded/deposited by your relative?

So, you talk to your relative (and pay separately however) and the relative puts money into this Paypal account (which you can then use to pay whatever).

Is this not more straightforward? I assume providers don't care as long as it is a valid Paypal account?

(I'm not "intimately" familiar with Paypal rules etc. so someone clobber me if I'm way out of line here).

• It sounds like you are in a not enviable position, regardless of this particular issue. I can say I had my OVH services paid by someone else, I just had to create a billing account for the paying person and add their credit card details. ultravps.eu also allows the creation of a billing contact, I imagine it can be used for this purpose although you should better ask them first.

First, select a host which matches your other requirements and is known for offering good support and listening to customers. You may want to start with the most nominated in the 2017 best providers poll. Then, ask them directly.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Unless you live in North Korea I just don't believe you, this sounds more like you either just want this for your convenience or you are simply not old enough to hold any accounts.

If I am wrong, then go to companiesmadesimple register a U.K. Ltd and get a PayPal account for business, done.

You are not doing anything online that pays you as you can't take payment yourself so how exactly do you plan to pay someone back?

Thanked by 2simlev Janevski
  • companiesmadesimple

Wow, I can't believe things can be so simple!