Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mailchimp less-expansive alternative - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mailchimp less-expansive alternative

2»

Comments

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

I use Amazon SES + phpList. Works wonders and it's dirt cheap.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2018

@Hxxx said:
    I love MXRoute (in NY). I have mixed feelings about the .io sister company that is located at Portugal. I'm a USA fan.

How is the smtp relay service provided by the .io part?
    But knowing @jarland is probably an A++ service.

Sorry didnt see this earlier. Lets say I and @Jarland work together in both brands. The IO division is still tied to the Mxroute.com brand. We are doing pretty well. Grew from 1M to 3.5/5M emails per month. Support is prompt and you get direct support from Mailchannels directly as well.

@HackedServer said:

Hxxx said: How is the smtp relay service provided by the .io part?

It is just reselling MailChannels at smaller amounts than you can get normally. You get a direct MailChannels account and route your emails directly to the MainChannels relay.

That's correct!

Let me know if you guys have any further questions!

Cheers

Edit: We

• I'm leaning towards amazon ses + sendy.
    Acyually I messed up and left no room in the quote for a different solution... Otherwise id be considering @jarland and @MikePT as well to hammer them with questions.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • gleertgleert Member, Host Rep
  • MikePT said: No longer the case.

What's no longer the case?

Thanked by 1vovler
  • MikePT said: No longer the case.

You don't get a mailchannels account anymore?

Anyway why do you guys rely on that kind of solution vs rolling your own SMTP server? I mean if you don't send spam and have the dedicated IP, the IP should have a good enough reputation isn't it?

Thanked by 1intovps
    edited January 2018

@HackedServer said:

MikePT said: No longer the case.

@datanoise said:

You don't get a mailchannels account anymore?

Anyway why do you guys rely on that kind of solution vs rolling your own SMTP server? I mean if you don't send spam and have the dedicated IP, the IP should have a good enough reputation isn't it?

My apologies, I meant that our pricing has changed and we're pretty competitive.
    It looks like I tagged the wrong post.

We do provide MailChannels Cloud access/account.

--

We're thinking of rolling our own SMTP Relay Service, but MailChannels is a must keep for the long-term :-).

Apologies again for the misunderstanding!

Edited the previous post to avoid any confusion.

• I went the sendy/ses route and don't regret it.

• I search for the alternatives and found few website. I like GetResponse (www.getresponse.com) package very much. Their package starts from $15 for 1000 email clients. As per your requirement, you can go with $65 plan for 10,000 email clients. But on the other hand, you will get the limited feature on the basic package. The primary feature they offer is Autoresponders, Landing pages, Abandoned cart tracking, Web event tracking, etc.

• hostenshostens Member, Host Rep

Mailerlite 5,001 - 10,000 subscribers $35/month

• @MikePT said:

@HackedServer said:

@datanoise said:

[MikePT said]

We're thinking of rolling our own SMTP Relay Service, but MailChannels is a must keep for the long-term :-).

Hopefully mxroute.com still retains mail channels. I trust you guys not all the users. Mail channels gives me assurance that i don't have to worry about that. Also they do great work at sniffing out bad users IMO.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • hzrhzr Member

From what I remember, sendy's code may not be the greatest (and this may be a severe understatement).

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

We've started using phpList. Decent, basic, intuitive solution. Good for our needs.

Thanks everyone for your input.

@sureiam said:

@MikePT said:

@HackedServer said:

@datanoise said:

[MikePT said]

Hopefully mxroute.com still retains mail channels. I trust you guys not all the users. Mail channels gives me assurance that i don't have to worry about that. Also they do great work at sniffing out bad users IMO.

We are keeping it as well. For the long-term. No plans to leave it at all.

• @MikePT said:

@sureiam said:

@MikePT said:

@HackedServer said:

@datanoise said:

[MikePT said]

We are keeping it as well. For the long-term. No plans to leave it at all.

Right on. Thanks for being so responsive to the needs of your users.

Thanked by 1MikePT

sureiam said: Right on. Thanks for being so responsive to the needs of your users.

More than glad to :-)

Cheers!

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

Can anyone edit the "expansive" word in the subject? I've visited this thread and felt embarrassed about 20 times or so already. However, folks just keep on writing here!

• @intovps said:
    Can anyone edit the "expansive" word in the subject? I've visited this thread and felt embarrassed about 20 times or so already. However, folks just keep on writing here!

I bet you that no one noticed it.

Thanked by 1intovps
  • @vovler said:

@intovps said:

I hadn't

• @vovler said:

@intovps said:

Noticed it instantly, was baffled as he spelt it right in the thread :/

• vovler said: I bet you that no one noticed it.

I say it in my head every time I see this thread. Not only did I notice, I can't forget it.

• +1 Mailerlite