Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serverhand wins Paypal dispute (Again) by modifying customer's product details
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Serverhand wins Paypal dispute (Again) by modifying customer's product details

cccatcccat Member
edited January 2018 in Reviews

Similar case:
https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/133063/serverhand-provided-false-info-during-paypal-dispute-wins-the-dispute/p1

Let's look back to the event in last month.

I didn't receive the refund form by Serverhand when the event happens.

I opened a ticket when my VPS offline and they deployed a new one with lower specs and different location. (I bought a VPS in LA but they gave me one in Piscataway) They insisted the specs is right even if I pasted the invoice information to then. (And I finally know that this is one of the steps to win the dispute by providing fake proof)

Since they refused to give positive reply then I opened a paypal dispute on 2017/12/24.
Today I received the email to notice me that I lose the dispute.

I called Paypal for the reason of they made the decision without asking me for proof.
And the sweety girl of paypal told me that the merchant has given two screenshots of my purchase as a strong evidence so they do not need to ask me for proof.
I logged into the client area of ServerHand (thanks for they are not closing my account) and know what's happening: They modified the product name and the due date of my service for make screenshot as fake evidence during paypal dispute.

Invoice of purchase:

Service Info before dispute

Service Info after dispute

Paypal made Serverhand wins the dispute without giving me chance to submit proof.

Thanked by 1LjL

Comments

• Dicks

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

@zerp is serverhand's new account here.

not that you ever really had any chance of getting your money back, the guy is an out and out fraudster and criminal.

Call paypal, explain the situation and request an appeal stating that you can prove that they have provided fake information and committed fraud, if they refuse, ask for them to escalate to a supervisor and tell them that you want confirmation in writing that despite the buyer offering proof of fraud paypal are not interested in investigating any further.

If you paid with your paypal balance though, you are pretty much out of luck.

Best suggestion I can make is to contact the people he works for and notify them of his activities.

Thanked by 2Aidan cccat
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: @zerp is serverhand's new account here.

Let's assume you're wrong and then ask if anything of value was lost when I hit the button.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith CConner
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

He's got nothing to lose. He ain't got the reputation to keep, so it's obvious that he will do everything to keep the money.

No surprises there.

• I'm just surprised that PayPal will find anything in Serverhand's favour.. Guess it's likely his balance is zero and they're unable to recover any funds from him whatsoever.

• @caracal said:
    I'm just surprised that PayPal will find anything in Serverhand's favour.. Guess it's likely his balance is zero and they're unable to recover any funds from him whatsoever.

If there is no funds in pp account, pp will freeze that account. This way scammers will have hard time replace pp payments with another acc.

To OP: continue battle with scammers. Push pp and demand proper evaluation of the problem. Fuck your money, just stop those scammers in general.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • Sounds like a British Prout

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • I never use paypal for disputes. I use them for payment and always pay with American Express. Then when an issue arises, I challenge through American Express and paypal goes (aww shit, can't do anything here).

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Post on twitter explaining everything and mentioning paypal ID. Ask them to escalate if they call and refuse to help.

• @caracal said:
    ... it's likely ServerHand's balance is zero and PayPal's unable to recover any funds from him whatsoever.

Reminded of the analogy:
    A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

I'm not 100% certain of PP's policy but a quick search found this comment (not from PP) "There is no buyer protection on paypal for virtual / digital items".

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Blazing said: There is no buyer protection on paypal for virtual / digital items".

That was some time ago.
    As they changed the invoice that is criminal and the tax authority should pay them a visit.

• His LLC is in Florida and subject to FL laws. If you live in the US, file a police report detailing everything with your local police then file a complaint with his state's Attorney General's consumer product division http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact?OpenForm&Section=Consumer_Protection_Division and provide them with the information.

They are very very responsive.

• Also I recall similar posts that got better results via phone. Good luck.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

Is he even from the UK?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@nik said:
    Is he even from the UK?

No. He's a Floridian.

• @Ho-ost said:
    Sounds like a British Prout

He's American though...

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited January 2018

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Ho-ost said:
    Sounds like a British Prout

He's American though...

In case you didn't hear, not American.. Floridian. Picture of some Floridians are below for your reference.

Thanked by 1StevenN
  • doughmanes said: Also I recall similar posts that got better results via phone.

No, I gave up eventually, I got a chance to appeal the case after calling paypal, but since serverhand completely gave paypal fake info. I lost the appeal.

• cccatcccat Member
    edited January 2018

@rustyhalo said:

doughmanes said: Also I recall similar posts that got better results via phone.

No, I gave up eventually, I got a chance to appeal the case after calling paypal, but since serverhand completely gave paypal fake info. I lost the appeal.

LTniger said: To OP: continue battle with scammers. Push pp and demand proper evaluation of the problem. Fuck your money, just stop those scammers in general.

I send the screenshots to Paypal by email after the phone call.

As a result Paypal issued me a credit 'As a one-time goodwill gesture'.

I asked about the dispute case when they called me back and they said the seller still wins the dispute because it is a virtual item and they are hard to define who's fault.
    They just suggest me to buy from familiar seller who have good reputation.

• @cccat said:

@rustyhalo said:

doughmanes said: Also I recall similar posts that got better results via phone.

LTniger said: To OP: continue battle with scammers. Push pp and demand proper evaluation of the problem. Fuck your money, just stop those scammers in general.

I send the screenshots to Paypal by email after the phone call.

As a result Paypal issued me a credit 'As a one-time goodwill gesture'.

I asked about the dispute case when they called me back and they said the seller still wins the dispute because it is a virtual item and they are hard to define who's fault.
    They just suggest me to buy from familiar seller who have good reputation.

So it is paypal it self that refunding your money?

• WSSWSS Member

That's what a "Goodwill Gesture" generally is. Amazon claims to do the same when you have missing/damaged items, but they still deduct it from the seller- with the underlying statement that they don't have to, but are doing it to keep you happy.

• cccatcccat Member
    edited January 2018

brian777 said: So it is paypal it self that refunding your money?

I think you are right because the seller wins the dispute and it is already closed.

It's Serverhand's wining in all respects.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Actually it has happened a few times that Paypal has refunded the customer on disputes opened with us, but they did not take the funds from our account. It's happened at least 3 times!

In our case, we provided a server (AS DESCRIBED), and the buyer simply did not like it. Requested a refund, and we refused. In big bold letters we state that that particular service is NON REFUNDABLE.

Client opened a dispute, stating service is not as described. We challenged, and provided links to the service description.

Interestingly, within the dispute, each time, the client would actually admit that the reason for opening the dispute was something like 'poor speeds' or 'no IP address' even though it was a 'not as described' dispute.

I'd like to point out that the disputes were opened by Chinese buyers who did not understand that NAT VPS does not include a dedicated IPv4 address, or read the part about NO CHINA BANDWIDTH

Pointing these out to Paypal, and actually there is no cause for refund. End result, Paypal did not take the money from us, but still refunded the customer out of their own pocket!

The amounts are actually very small, and actually I have no desire for Paypal to take that hit themselves. I've thought about offering Paypal to just take the funds from our account in the event they decide to refund the customer any way. But then I thought about the chargeback fees incurred over the last few 16 years! And all the fees we pay on every transaction. So I'll just accept it.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

randvegeta said: But then I thought about the chargeback fees incurred over the last few 16 years! And all the fees we pay on every transaction. So I'll just accept it.

Yeah, as I said, i was refunded once even though i did not requested it... For very small amounts paypal probably thinks is better to close it than lose money with tickets and all.

• He is a premium member over there! WOW! He could have saved those 50 bucks!

• deankdeank Member, Troll

He will probably file a dispute once he loses the membership. If fails, chargeback.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @cccat said:

How ironic this is coming from a virtual company..

• LjLLjL Member

It is also a bit bollocks because it is "hard" to define it with real goods as well (i.e. eBay). There are two circumstances when it's easy: 1) the item just isn't delivered, and the failure to deliver shows up in tracking, or 2) one of the parties explicitly admits fault (while perhaps not entirely realizing it).

Other than that, eBay and PayPal ignore photographs as evidence, because they could be doctored or simply taken before/after changing what is being sent/received — making me question why they don't ignore screenshots provided by an insolvent host that is being repeatedly accused of fraud, including screenshot doctoring, by its customers.