Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[WTB] Dedicated Servers in Bulk [32GB i7] - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[WTB] Dedicated Servers in Bulk [32GB i7]

2»

Comments

• @mksh said:

@lurch said:

@mksh said:

@lurch said:
    HDD and ram is over specced for mining.

So what? These are pretty much the best deal available when it comes to $/performance ratio and there is no option to cut specs.

Read the thread, people were suggesting the op wanted them for mining I said they are over specced for such thus probably wanting to use them for something else, satisfied?

Nope. You don't understand why these specs don't mean shit. Also one of those people suggesting hes mining was me. Maybe you should read the thread. Moron.

No need to throw your dolls out the pram. I get you what you meant by "These are pretty much the best deal available when it comes to $/performance ratio and there is no option to cut specs." i.e can't have great CPU and low spec everything else. Besides the point now as op said not using it for mining.

• @lurch said:

I get you what you meant by "These are pretty much the best deal available when it comes to $/performance ratio and there is no option to cut specs." i.e can't have great CPU and low spec everything else.

No, that's certainly not what i ment.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Rhys said: My $50 in the past 3 days must be some insane metric then, or I'm just not making extreme assumptions about blockchains that are different.

Which CPU and what are you mining? If you're mining a Cryptonote based coin with an i7-4770, then the hash rate would be roughly 260H/s. You can't earn $50 in 3 days from any coin that I'm aware of with that CPU.

An i7 or E3 server in EU and USA can go for less than $100 /month. If hosts could make $15+ /day ($500 /month) from mining, then it would be a heck of a lot easier than hosting.

Generally speaking, hosting should almost always be more profitable than mining. If not, we should all expect an increase in VPS and Dedi prices as will actually prefer mining.

Right now, it's cost effective to put gear to good use if not rented out to clients, but it's still generally more profitable to rent out servers rather than mine.

You MIGHT be able to make $50 /month with an i7, assuming hash rate doesn't keep rising, coin prices don't fall and you can find a reliable and cost effective means to actually cash out. But it won't last long.

• In other words, fuck this dude for stealing all the cheap Hetzner i7's smh.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

randvegeta said: Which CPU and what are you mining? If you're mining a Cryptonote based coin with an i7-4770, then the hash rate would be roughly 260H/s. You can't earn $50 in 3 days from any coin that I'm aware of with that CPU.

There are many other coins and algorithms for mining CPU. If small coins are mined, they do not have pumps for weeks, but even days.

All the coins that are on the Bittrex was pumped. With 100 dollars will not make 1000 just lazy on this cryptic theme.

For example SIACOIN, there is a node. In the TOP 200 did not get in 5 months and the files loaded 0. And on the balance were coins, they are needed for the node. With 12 bucks it was 230, lol.

We are speaking about 5-6 Servers a week, our budget per Server is around 35$ but you can offer anything you have.

I can resell EX40 servers Hetzner for 43 EUR. If you need to save money.

• pikepike Veteran

@Vova1234 said:
    For example SIACOIN, there is a node. In the TOP 200 did not get in 5 months and the files loaded 0. And on the balance were coins, they are needed for the node. With 12 bucks it was 230, lol.

What?

edited January 2018

pike said: What?

siacoin host*

https://blog.sia.tech/how-to-run-a-host-on-sia-2159ebc4725

Need 2k siacoin in wallet if you want host.

To start uploading files to the host, you must be in the TOP 200 hosts.

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

@Vova1234 said:

randvegeta said: Which CPU and what are you mining? If you're mining a Cryptonote based coin with an i7-4770, then the hash rate would be roughly 260H/s. You can't earn $50 in 3 days from any coin that I'm aware of with that CPU.

There are many other coins and algorithms for mining CPU. If small coins are mined, they do not have pumps for weeks, but even days.

All the coins that are on the Bittrex was pumped. With 100 dollars will not make 1000 just lazy on this cryptic theme.

We are speaking about 5-6 Servers a week, our budget per Server is around 35$ but you can offer anything you have.

I can resell EX40 servers Hetzner for 43 EUR. If you need to save money.

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ex40
    € 41.18 (No Setup Fee!) :o

Thanked by 2Aidan willie
    edited January 2018

Yes, but with VAT ~ € 50.24.

This is for those who do not pay VAT. I do not know if you pay him or not.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

According to OPs past threads:

• He's running Windows
    • ... using Hyper-V VMs (of 2-4GB RAM each)
    • ... with RDP
    • ... stating that it's for "providing a service for mobile games"
    • ... and started out trying to find a reseller for bulk VMs, but didn't seem to find any.

This is definitely not coin mining. To me, it sounds like they have some sort of business model around gameservers (or maybe remote gaming for high-end games?), that they're trying to scale up their business, and that it's - at least to some degree - probably a legitimate business.

I don't know exactly what their business model is, but it doesn't seem particularly abusive to me. It sucks that he snagged all the cheap servers, sure, but that's just business really; evidently Hetzner doesn't have a problem with one customer buying all of them. Server bidding has always been a pile of limited-stock deals.

Thanked by 2willie Wolveix
  • feezioxiii said: ex40 € 41.18 (No Setup Fee!)

Wow, thanks for posting that, regular servers are now cheaper than the auction :O

• edited January 2018

@joepie91 said:
    According to OPs past threads:

• He's running Windows
    • ... with RDP
    • ... and started out trying to find a reseller for bulk VMs, but didn't seem to find any.

This is definitely not coin mining. To me, it sounds like they have some sort of business model around gameservers (or maybe remote gaming for high-end games?), that they're trying to scale up their business, and that it's - at least to some degree - probably a legitimate business.

I don't know exactly what their business model is, but it doesn't seem particularly abusive to me. It sucks that he snagged all the cheap servers, sure, but that's just business really; evidently Hetzner doesn't have a problem with one customer buying all of them. Server bidding has always been a pile of limited-stock deals.

Selling game botting services is my guess.

Thanked by 2willie 6ixth
  • Selling game botting services is my guess.

Way too much HDD space & the CPU/RAM ratio would be off as well - at least for the popular botting services.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Dextronox said:

@joepie91 said: past threads:

• He's running Windows
    • ... with RDP

Selling game botting services is my guess.

I doubt it. Doing that with a single IP for all your customers is pretty much asking for trouble.

• hzrhzr Member

joepie91 said: I doubt it. Doing that with a single IP for all your customers is pretty much asking for trouble.

You get proxies elsewhere.