Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[WTB] Dedicated Servers in Bulk [32GB i7]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[WTB] Dedicated Servers in Bulk [32GB i7]

Hello,

i am looking to rent a few unmanaged Dedicated Servers with the following specs:

• Intel Core i7-4770 or similar
  • 32GB Ram
  • 1-2 TB HDD
  • One dedicated IP

We are speaking about 5-6 Servers a week, our budget per Server is around 35$ but you can offer anything you have.

Thanks

Comments

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Hi there,

I know this is out of your budget, but I thought I'd let you know anyway just so you've got the option.

We do have i7-4790 servers available that we could provide for £50/mo or $67.

We could drop this down to £45/mo or $60 depending on quantity.

Regards,

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

pls send coins

Thanked by 3willie Aidan doghouch
  • Yeah, this coin shit is getting boring.

Thanked by 2willie Wolveix
  • DedispecDedispec Member, Patron Provider

Willing to do longer contract than monthly? How many are you buying in the first batch?

• Yes we are willing to do longer contracts. If the price is right we would take atleast 5 in the first batch.

Thanks for the offer Zare, i look into it

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Hetzner has a few i7's for the price range, benchmarks are close, about 1k difference.

• We already bought 30 i7's at Hetzner but they slowly run out of em so we need a Plan B

Servdiscount has a few i7's in this range, but the support is meh, its nothing compared to Hetzner.

• @Neoon said:
    its nothing compared to Hetzner.

how about kimsufi?

• mkshmksh Member
    edited January 2018

@JamesDD said:
    We already bought 30 i7's at Hetzner but they slowly run out of em so we need a Plan B

Besides people like @Neoon who are head deep into this shit (and will be remembered when people need servers for something that is even remotely useful) you will get little sympathie here.

@ariq01 said:

@Neoon said:
    its nothing compared to Hetzner.

how about kimsufi?

Well, If something dies, in your server, which results in downtime, like mainboard, psu or very rarely the cpu. They investigate, I had my motherboard replaced in 60 min.

But if something like HDD or Memory goes shit, server stays online and It could take a while until they replace the hardware. While = 0-3 Days.

And servdiscount, took 2 days to replace a fucking drive, hetzner does it in 10-15 min.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • JamesDD said:

We already bought 30 i7's at Hetzner

Oh that was YOU. Sheesh.

• pikepike Veteran

@JamesDD said:
    We already bought 30 i7's at Hetzner but they slowly run out of em so we need a Plan B

Yeah, already wondered why the serverbörse got empty the last weeks...

Thanked by 1v3ng
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

mksh said: Yeah, this coin shit is getting boring.

I don't think it's for mining. The RAM and disk are completely unnecessary for mining. Besides, the i7-4770 would not be able to mine more than $20 /month worth, so the $35 /month would technically be preferable if it weren't for the extra RAM and HDDs....

• @randvegeta said:

I don't think it's for mining. The RAM and disk are completely unnecessary for mining. Besides, the i7-4770 would not be able to mine more than $20 /month worth, so the $35 /month would technically be preferable if it weren't for the extra RAM and HDDs....

True but then it was obvious the specs were just copied from Hetzner so i read the request pretty much as i want something like Hetzner. Maybe he has some overly profitable alt coin?

• When I got my i7-3770 a couple years ago, it was about the cheapest way to get 2x 3TB of raid-1 storage, The cpu and ram and network were almost just gravy. I do some big cpu tasks sometimes but it's usually idle, so mining is tempting even if it doesn't cover the whole server cost. I haven't pursued it though.

• We are not using them for mining, those specs from Hetzner just fitted into our business model thats why i keep looking for simliar specs. I am sorry if i offendet anyone mentioning where we get our servers or how many we have.

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2018

JamesDD said: those specs from Hetzner just fitted into our business model

If you're not mining with them that's actually encouraging to hear. Can I ask what you're using them for (just curious)? It's refreshing to hear about someone using that much cpu for something other than mining. (Hmm were you the person doing transcoding as a service or sth like that? I guess it beats mining).

• We are still looking for a bunch of Servers.

• WSSWSS Member

@JamesDD said:
    We are still looking for a bunch of Servers.

I don't wish you personal harm, but I would coinproxy all over your face if you were nearby. You're killing affordable machines just as quickly as the shoeminers.

Thanked by 4Wolveix beagle mksh pike

@randvegeta said:

• HDD and ram is over specced for mining.

• @lurch said:
    HDD and ram is over specced for mining.

So what? These are pretty much the best deal available when it comes to $/performance ratio and there is no option to cut specs.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Rhys said:

@randvegeta said:

Which part is wrong? I identify 3 parts.

RAM is not necessary for mining
    Disk is not necessary for mining
    i7-4770 would only be able to mine $20 /month

Which part is wrong? Probably the part about $20 /month right? But it's not VERY wrong. Only a little. You might be able to squeeze $40/month out of an i7, but's assuming you get the average with minimal fees.

• Again, i would not look for 1-2TB disk space or 32GB Ram if we use those machines for mining.

• @mksh said:

@lurch said:

So what? These are pretty much the best deal available when it comes to $/performance ratio and there is no option to cut specs.

Read the thread, people were suggesting the op wanted them for mining I said they are over specced for such thus probably wanting to use them for something else, satisfied?

• Yeah mining was the first thing that came to mind, but that doesn't need the memory and disk that OP asked for. JamesDD, given the amount of gear you seem to want, if it's a long term requirement, maybe you should consider colo rather than dedis. Or if you're doing transcoding, look into some GPU codecs instead of CPU.

@randvegeta said:

@Rhys said:

@randvegeta said:

Which part is wrong? I identify 3 parts.

RAM is not necessary for mining
    Disk is not necessary for mining
    i7-4770 would only be able to mine $20 /month

Which part is wrong? Probably the part about $20 /month right? But it's not VERY wrong. Only a little. You might be able to squeeze $40/month out of an i7, but's assuming you get the average with minimal fees.

My $50 in the past 3 days must be some insane metric then, or I'm just not making extreme assumptions about blockchains that are different.

• My $50 in the past 3 days must be some insane metric then, or I'm just not making extreme assumptions about blockchains that are different.

At best you're looking at about ~$45/50 a month from an i7-4770

• @lurch said:

@mksh said:

@lurch said:

Read the thread, people were suggesting the op wanted them for mining I said they are over specced for such thus probably wanting to use them for something else, satisfied?

Nope. You don't understand why these specs don't mean shit. Also one of those people suggesting hes mining was me. Maybe you should read the thread. Moron.