Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to hire good support? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to hire good support?

2»

Comments

• 100% India

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2017

dedotatedwam said: 100% India

India, maybe, but not 100%. There are many skilled people and others just making the numbers.
    As everywhere else.
    The mistake people make is to go to India because is cheap and since they are there, will take the cheapest available option and then claim indians suck.
    I am sure the cheapest option in US sucks too. In some places (not specifically US) some "tech centers" are setup because there is a grant or loan or some other incentive, not to really provide the intended service.

• Seriously, WHT? smh

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

WSS said: Uh, hi. My sig has about 30,000 views/day. You wanna rent it?

ping ping here

Maounique said: India, maybe, but not 100%. There are many skilled people and others just making the numbers.

Yeah definitely , People want to pay peanuts and then you expect monkeys only .
    I get raged when I see this because if you do not have money to hire skilled people , then you should shut up or you are hiring wrong people/company .

Skilled people in India at least cost 3/4 times less than the skilled people in USA . Suppose if a skilled guy salary in USA is 100k , then Indian one you can get for 25k-35k.If you are paying anything less than that, you are definitely doing it wrong .

That means skilled Indian will not get hired for 200-1000 usd . You only get Freshers from University at that money range .

This is a fact applied for all cheap countries though .

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • lol I wasn't literally shilling my sig.. however, I am a capitalist pig..

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Maounique said:

dedotatedwam said: 100% India

India, maybe, but not 100%. There are many skilled people and others just making the numbers.
    As everywhere else.
    The mistake people make is to go to India because is cheap and since they are there, will take the cheapest available option and then claim indians suck.
    I am sure the cheapest option in US sucks too. In some places (not specifically US) some "tech centers" are setup because there is a grant or loan or some other incentive, not to really provide the intended service.

Very true. There is a lot of talent in India. Plenty lacking said talent here, we see it all the time in the dead pool.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@jarland said:
    Very true. There is a lot of talent in India. Plenty lacking said talent here, we see it all the time in the dead pool.

There is but due to the typical mindset, no one takes up stuff seriously unless they actually have a sense of interest in the domain they are working, rest have just been pushed to work because of different situations/pressure from their family.

My college friends graduated in IT & Computer Science, still lack the basic understanding of the field. WHY?! because they were forced to do engineering and this is why they don't work whole-heartedly.

The ones who genuinely have interest in IT/Computers are the real talent. (considering IT/Computers as the main subject here).

I blame the "swag crowd". People of the age of 30 trying to act as if they are still 15!
    This is what I hate about the people here :/ not much ambitious.

Birth -> Donkey Work -> Die

Hope in the coming years, this mindset of our people is changed. Sad reality.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
    edited December 2017

BlaZe said: BlaZe

That is applicable for 90% of the people out there in this world .

You are likely to end on something that you never wanted to be in as in your childhood dream .But what you want to do with 1 billion people ? so parents want them to be in the best profession than being an idle guy . You do not have luxury to choose profession in India , you adjust in the environment after getting .

In IT, most of the courses are outdated by Industry standard . You learn real stuff if you land in good company environment . This is not applicable to India only ..

• Disregard what everyone said. Hire from India. Do you really want to pay someone $5 an hour locally when you can pay someone $1 an hour.

• @Gods said:
    Disregard what everyone said. Hire from India. Do you really want to pay someone $5 an hour locally when you can pay someone $1 an hour.

There would be a nice difference between quality for what both offers!

• @Gods said:
    Disregard what everyone said. Hire from India. Do you really want to pay someone $5 an hour locally when you can pay someone $1 an hour.

I do actually. If they can deliver the same quality and customer friendly support I wouldn't mind. I doubt you can get that for $5 let alone $1 though. Thing is, support/customer care is almost as important as the quality of service you offer so I'd rather pay more to get the right people on board. Plus it'd already be cheaper for us to hire in the US.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Awmusic12635 said:
    One potential option is to find a similar type of company, to your own, that exists on the other side of the world. See if they would be interested in handling support for your night, which is their day. Extra $$ for them and less support load for you.

Though it might help if you already know the people involved well, I have done this and it has worked well.

That's a sound idea. Definitely a viable option. I 'll reach out to a couple of people I'm working with in the US. Cheers!

• @MikeA said:
    Honestly WHT would probably work if you just want to hire one person, which is probably all you'd need for mostly sales, just make sure to have a good way to validate experience unless people have a job record.

Yeah, validating people would be the hardest part I guess. The technical side isn't that hard as anyone with somewhat decent education could do it but gotta make sure they put the customer first at all times.

WHT may be an option, I dunno. That place has always looked shady to me.

• SaragoldfarbSaragoldfarb Member
    edited December 2017

@MikePT said:

@WSS said:
    I'd suggest @MikePT because he actually does good work. It's only on the internet he rages and spazquits every few hours.

Thank you for the recommendation!

Indeed, my mood is pretty... Bad sometimes hehe. Though I don't mix work with forums, at all. We are available for hire certainly :)

I do recommend @WSS as well. He knows his stuff very well. Seems to know a bit about everything with is something that is a huge plus in this industry.

You're in Portugal right? The issue is, I don't want to make people work at night. It's not healthy and as an employer I think I have a responsible there. I have been doing a lot of night shifts myself, working irregular hours and all. I personally don't mind it but can't denie that in the end you're better off working regular hours.

Plus I've got a child coming next year so that makes me re-evaluate things :)

Edit: You'd be a good fit though. I'm certain you're highly professional when it comes to work.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2017

I think Bobcares allows for custom plans. I once heard they are supposedly good.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Saragoldfarb said:

@MikePT said:

@WSS said:
    I'd suggest @MikePT because he actually does good work. It's only on the internet he rages and spazquits every few hours.

Thank you for the recommendation!

Indeed, my mood is pretty... Bad sometimes hehe. Though I don't mix work with forums, at all. We are available for hire certainly :)

I do recommend @WSS as well. He knows his stuff very well. Seems to know a bit about everything with is something that is a huge plus in this industry.

You're in Portugal right? The issue is, I don't want to make people work at night. It's not healthy and as an employer I think I have a responsible there. I have been doing a lot of night shifts myself, working irregular hours and all. I personally don't mind it but can't denie that in the end you're better off working regular hours.

Plus I've got a child coming next year so that makes me re-evaluate things :)

Edit: You'd be a good fit though. I'm certain you're highly professional when it comes to work.

I am from Portugal yes, minus 5 hours from the USA.
    Feel free to pm me so we can discuss it further :-)

Cheers!

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Ympker said:
    I think Bobcares allows for custom plans. I once heard they are supposedly good.

We do NOC for a company who also uses them. They are fine for L1/L2 only. They are pretty slow though.

Thanked by 2Ympker Saragoldfarb
  • I don't disagree (I've been warned for recommending KnownHost and about a dozen other stupid things), but it's high on search engines, and there's not many good places that people look for jobs around the hosting industry.

Yeah they can be a little overzealous. ;) But Thanks for recommending us. :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2017

Saragoldfarb said: I have been doing a lot of night shifts myself, working irregular hours and all.

Working nightshift is not the same as irregular hours. Once you have a routine, it does not really matter that much.
    For example i work nightshift. Every now and then i need to go to bed later than in the early morning because i have stuff to do at the bank, some papers, etc and some offices or shops are not open in the night. Is the equivalent of staying late for other people.
    Also, it depends on work. At times, especially in weekend, at night there is little work to do, so I can sleep or do other things such as cooking and only check now and then.
    I work at night, when the feeling is right...
    But, yeah, normally, it is a pain to work in the night, but at least 10% of the people could do it without much of a problem.

Also, I fully agree the job you land can be different than the one you dreamed of, in most cases it is.
    My parents pushed me to be an economist when I was more inclined towards IT and literature/linguistics.
    But, at my first job in a bank as an economist I ended up helping tons at the designing of the backend UI and accounting modules in the inhouse developped system and solved historical issues dating back decades with the help of databases and simple scripts as well as fixing the computers of desperate accountants which could not otherwise finish their work in time that I ended up working more with the IT people than my job as a chief financial officer. I liked it a lot, but unfortunately the system was still communist at the top and in spite of our efforts nothing much was changing, so, when they asked me to sign some papers and grant some dodgy companies loans i had to leave, but eversince i worked only in IT using my MBA as a bonus, such as an IT manager.

Maounique said: My parents pushed me to be an economist when I was more inclined towards IT and literature/linguistics.

Many in IT field who are holding top posts come from background outside IT . Life is not static piece, you just need to adapt to it .