Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to hire good support?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to hire good support?

To be clear, this is no job offering! Don't PM me with your résumé :)

So far all our support is in-house. As I want to get rid of the night shifts I'm looking into the option of hiring someone in the USA. Mostly sales support with basic technical knowledge of our products (somewhat hosting related hence I'm asking here).

Any experience and tips on places to look? It doesn't have to be cheap. Quality is the keyword, decent payment under contract and all that.

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

One potential option is to find a similar type of company, to your own, that exists on the other side of the world. See if they would be interested in handling support for your night, which is their day. Extra $$ for them and less support load for you.

Though it might help if you already know the people involved well, I have done this and it has worked well.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2017

Webhostingtalk or your local workplace listings.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Honestly WHT would probably work if you just want to hire one person, which is probably all you'd need for mostly sales, just make sure to have a good way to validate experience unless people have a job record.

• I'd suggest @MikePT because he actually does good work. It's only on the internet he rages and spazquits every few hours.

Thanked by 2MikePT Saragoldfarb
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

WHT recommended twice on the first page of a thread.

Triggered.

• @jarland said:

Triggered.

Time to polish off your sponsored avatar and hit the road!

Thanked by 1jar
  • INDIA is not the place.

edited December 2017

@jarland said:

Triggered.

Where's your suggestion?

There's plenty of people who browse WHT that looks for jobs and have experience. Before you got hired at DO, I would think you would've been looking anywhere for a good job that pays well too?

• @MikeA said:
    There's plenty of people who browse WHT that looks for jobs and have experience. Before you got hired at DO, I would think you would've been looking anywhere for a good job that pays well too?

..for more than months at a time, tho?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Sure, calling @WHT

Thanked by 1WSS

@deank said:
    Sure, calling @WHT

Just leave a message now.

@MikeA said:

@jarland said:

Triggered.

Where's your suggestion?

LET. I'm prejudiced against WHT because I've always perceived it as little more than a playground for power tripping mods and signature spamming mediocre hosts.

• @MikeA said:

@deank said:
    Sure, calling @WHT

Uh, hi. My sig has about 30,000 views/day. You wanna rent it?

Hello?

Hello?

• MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS how often do you change your sig anyway. Every day I look its something else. Its like your full-time job.

@jarland said:

@MikeA said:

@jarland said:

Triggered.

Where's your suggestion?

LET. I'm prejudiced against WHT because I've always perceived it as little more than a playground for power tripping mods and signature spamming mediocre hosts.

I don't disagree (I've been warned for recommending KnownHost and about a dozen other stupid things), but it's high on search engines, and there's not many good places that people look for jobs around the hosting industry.

But lots of companies spam their hosting jobs on Craigslist so maybe I'm wrong..

@WSS said:

@MikeA said:

@deank said:
    Sure, calling @WHT

Uh, hi. My sig has about 30,000 views/day. You wanna rent it?

Hello?

Hello?

IT WOULD BE AN HONOR.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@MagicalTrain So, you've learned to scroll through my posts but still read the sigs? Interadsting.

Real Edit: If I can't think of one thing I find amusing a day- it won't go there. If I find it relatable, it may stay there for a few days.

• @WSS said:
    @MagicalTrain So, you've learned to scroll through my posts but still read the sigs? Interadsting.

Real Edit: If I can't think of one thing I find amusing a day- it won't go there. If I find it relatable, it may stay there for a few days.

I might as well when I read your shitposts, sometimes they give me a chuckle. Its a small price to pay.

• Take it to the Cest Pit, guys. They show "Signature Warefare" there right now. Tune in.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:
    I'd suggest @MikePT because he actually does good work. It's only on the internet he rages and spazquits every few hours.

Thank you for the recommendation!

Indeed, my mood is pretty... Bad sometimes hehe. Though I don't mix work with forums, at all. We are available for hire certainly :)

I do recommend @WSS as well. He knows his stuff very well. Seems to know a bit about everything with is something that is a huge plus in this industry.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • Take @WSS if you wanna bankrupt in a week. He will scare the rest of your customers away with a guaranteed rate of 3 per day.

• @stefeman I didn't agree to livecams, and you damn well know it.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2017

The signature was supposed to be 2 lines unless changed or for some people things are tolerated when against the rules, while for others, we make rules to ban them :P

BTW, I work nightshift in EU. You can certainly find some cheap people in the east.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • @Maounique said:
    The signature was supposed to be 2 lines unless changed or for some people things are tolerated when against the rules, while for others, we make rules to ban them :P

I have yet to see anything over two lines. However, we're both back. I'm considering a little wager with ya, but I'll wait until tomorrow on it.

edited December 2017

@Maounique said:

BTW, I work nightshift in EU. You can certainly find some cheap people in the east.

There's more complexity to that. Some people break the rules often and no one notices or reports them because no one cares about them. Anyone putting themselves on the radar that a mod finds annoying might be more likely to receive attention in that area too, I think that's a natural human instinct that has no value in denial.

As far as signature rules go, I know I rarely see them. I'm almost always on mobile.

• @MikePT said:
    I do recommend @WSS as well. He knows his stuff very well. Seems to know a bit about everything with is something that is a huge plus in this industry.

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited December 2017

jarland said: a mod finds annoying

And if the admin doesnt like the opinions, that is even worse.
    However, there are times when going too far with a punishment for dismissing the propaganda and alternative facts with the help of the real facts is not worth it, albeit texans woudnt be texans if they understood that.

Anyway, being able to admit it squarely means there is still hope, you know what the problem is, at least.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2017

@Maounique said:

jarland said: a mod finds annoying

And if the admin doesnt like the opinions, that is even worse.
    However, there are times when going too far with a punishment for dismissing the propaganda and alternative facts with the help of the real facts is not worth it, albeit texans woudnt be texans if they understood that.

Anyway, being able to admit it squarely means there is still hope, you know what the problem is, at least.

Enough is enough. Just stop it for once.
    Lets end the off topic discussion here, specially what has already been discussed a hundred times.

MikePT said: Enough is enough. Just stop it for once.

I think you are missing it, but we are making progress every day. He is still taking his news from breibart and his cult, but slowly, I think, will start to consider other channels, such as fox and friends.

• Mao gets all of his news from F&F..

• LET have more skilled people as WHT so hire from here.