Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS - Why? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS - Why?

Comments

• @cubedata said:
    we agree we got bashed by adly for them claiming they was better than us on our vps panel we had in development, and now there trying to claim there better than whmcs, no offense but we feel this is completely in violation of the don't be a dick rule and in reality adly deserves a permaban for violating that rule.

I haven’t made any claims about being better than you or WHMCS. I’ve simply asked why people use WHMCS over whatever other options are out there.

And for the record, you weren’t bashed. You posted stating that you had a VPS panel pretty much ready to market and I, along with others, questioned its potential given the errors all over your website. If you’re so fond of the ‘don’t be a dick’ rule maybe try not to get people who disagree with you banned, because that’s kind of being a dick.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

First you develop it and put it in alpha or beta mode and ask people to test it and get feedback . This is the proper way .

People use whmcs as there are no good alternative .

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@adly said:

@cubedata said:
    we agree we got bashed by adly for them claiming they was better than us on our vps panel we had in development, and now there trying to claim there better than whmcs, no offense but we feel this is completely in violation of the don't be a dick rule and in reality adly deserves a permaban for violating that rule.

I haven’t made any claims about being better than you or WHMCS. I’ve simply asked why people use WHMCS over whatever other options are out there.

And for the record, you weren’t bashed. You posted stating that you had a VPS panel pretty much ready to market and I, along with others, questioned its potential given the errors all over your website. If you’re so fond of the ‘don’t be a dick’ rule maybe try not to get people who disagree with you banned, because that’s kind of being a dick.

wrong mr. reverse psychology, as you do realize, you are doing the same only trying to hide your "marketing" as well,etc but trying to play the "I am not doing it but I am" attitude, you got caught. we said ready for testing genius we never stated it was really for public release as in it is stable whatsoever. as if you took that from what we said, you obviously misread it.

• adlyadly Veteran
    edited December 2017

@cubedata I’m not marketing anything, or trying to hide any marketing. I’ve not linked anything, don’t have anything in my signature, nor am I asking for money or anything commercial. You linked your panel website and I pointed out some quite frankly basic problems, which lead me to believe whatever you’ve developed would be riddled with problems and security issues.

As I said release what you have and I’m happy to be proven wrong. Likewise, if I announce anything (which I have not yet even remotely done), I’ll be happy for my offering to be reviewed and criticised appropriately.

@adly said:
    @cubedata I’m not marketing anything, or trying to hide any marketing. I’ve not linked anything, don’t have anything in my signature, nor am I asking for money or anything commercial. You linked your panel website and I pointed out some quite frankly basic problems, which lead me to believe whatever you’ve developed would be riddled with problems and security issues. As I said release what you have and I’m happy to be proven wrong.

then as gleert said release what you have as well and prove both of us wrong then.

• @cubedata I haven’t even announced anything yet, so what exactly would I release? If/when I do announce anything then I’m happy to take any criticism if there are any issues.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@adly said:
    @cubedata I’m not marketing anything, or trying to hide any marketing. I’ve not linked anything, don’t have anything in my signature, nor am I asking for money or anything commercial. You linked your panel website and I pointed out some quite frankly basic problems, which lead me to believe whatever you’ve developed would be riddled with problems and security issues.

As I said release what you have and I’m happy to be proven wrong. Likewise, if I announce anything (which I have not yet even remotely done), I’ll be happy for my offering to be reviewed and criticised appropriately.

Around here we consider "PM me if interested" to be marketing. Technically we have a rule against it as well, but this doesn't qualify for the intent of that rule.

Thanked by 2cubedata Amitz
  • @jarland said:
    Around here we consider "PM me if interested" to be marketing. Technically we have a rule against it as well, but this doesn't qualify for the intent of that rule.

My apologies then, it was more an invitation for a discussion as there is no product to market/sell as of yet.

Out of interest, what’s your policy on hosts/providers who rip off large parts of other providers T&Cs, AUP, etc.?

@adly said:

@jarland said:

My apologies then, it was more an invitation for a discussion as there is no product to market/sell as of yet.

Out of interest, what’s your policy on hosts/providers who rip off large parts of other providers T&Cs, AUP, etc.?

you mean a t&c, aup,etc policy generator almost everyone uses? we would have to look up the link since it was 2 years ago when we used it to generate our policies.

• adlyadly Veteran
    edited December 2017

@cubedata I doubt companies like Krystal and JustHost use a generator for their policies, which both contain quite a large amount of similarities with no one else’s but yours. I’d expect a generator ‘almost everyone uses’ would turn up many more matches.

edited December 2017

http://www.webmasters-cavern.com/tosgen/

^ was the one we used to generate the overall tos,aup,etc.

http://www.webmasters-cavern.com/tosgen/tos/12-30-17_20-51-22.htm
    you do realize the above ^ was just generated now and as far as we know they could have copied our policies as well so you're attempts to try to find something to "get rid of us" with isn't working, nice try though.

• @cubedata I’m not trying to ‘get rid of you’. Your policies are remarkably similar to more established hosts, which have absolutely not copied you. That’s cause for concern, and perhaps the tool maker did the copying but it doesn’t make it any more right.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@cubedata said:

@adly said:

@jarland said:

you mean a t&c, aup,etc policy generator almost everyone uses? we would have to look up the link since it was 2 years ago when we used it to generate our policies.

I don't much care about it. They never sue over it and it's a great way to save a call to a lawyer as a small business owner.

Thanked by 1adly
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited December 2017

@adly said:
    @cubedata I’m not trying to ‘get rid of you’. Your policies are remarkably similar to more established hosts, which have absolutely not copied you. That’s cause for concern, and perhaps the tool maker did the copying but it doesn’t make it any more right.

For every finger you point forward - there are 4 pointing right back at you.

Objectively speaking, coding practices are reflective of people's interpersonal abilities. I know exactly what kind of code you will write - I have no interest in your product, and the technical side is only half of the battle. When you finish 'something' in 2019, you'll just be 2 years further behind, nonfunctional, with endless security holes and no traction. Good luck with that.

Even if it was on par with the competitor product, they have better support, more funding, a bigger team, more 3rd party support, a better more tried and tested business plan and tens of thousands of customers and a lot of goodwill... All things you don't have right now. You have to try harder than to just copy another product - we already have panels we trust. Amaze us. Engage us. But don't stand on a soap box and preach to us without successes already behind you, we will just (rightfully) dismiss you.

Startup, Marketing & Change Management 101 all wrapped together. If you can't build on a good foundation, the product is gonna be terrible and the company will fail regardless of anything else. I'm not saying don't try, but I am saying you are off to a bad start... In my humble opinion of course.

@KermEd said:

@adly said:
    @cubedata I’m not trying to ‘get rid of you’. Your policies are remarkably similar to more established hosts, which have absolutely not copied you. That’s cause for concern, and perhaps the tool maker did the copying but it doesn’t make it any more right.

For every finger you point forward - there are 4 pointing right back at you.

Objectively speaking, coding practices are reflective of people's interpersonal abilities. I know exactly what kind of code you will write - I have no interest in your product, and the technical side is only half of the battle. When you finish 'something' in 2019, you'll just be 2 years further behind, nonfunctional, with endless security holes and no traction. Good luck with that.

Even if it was on par with the competitor product, they have better support, more funding, a bigger team, more 3rd party support, a better more tried and tested business plan and tens of thousands of customers and a lot of goodwill... All things you don't have right now. You have to try harder than to just copy another product - we already have panels we trust. Amaze us. Engage us. But don't stand on a soap box and preach to us without successes already behind you, we will just (rightfully) dismiss you.

Startup, Marketing & Change Management 101 all wrapped together. If you can't build on a good foundation, the product is gonna be terrible and the company will fail regardless of anything else.

thanks for the support:

• This thread reminds me of:

Thanked by 1WSS
  • For whatever reason, your page is still littered with tracking and plugins. If you are going to rage-quit (or pretend to), at least type some HTML 3.2 compatible page..

Thanked by 1adly
  • @Amitz said:

So you've FINALLY watched Clerks!

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2017

WSS said: So you've FINALLY watched Clerks again after more than 20 years!

FTFY. My love for you is like a truck!

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @Amitz said:

WSS said: So you've FINALLY watched Clerks again after more than 20 years!

FTFY. My love for you is like a truck!

More than 20 years? In a row!?

• What did I miss? One minute we are bashing the OP, another minute someone else rage-quits. I'm genuinely confused.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2017

Who performed a rage-quit?

• @MikePT, but he was in the bathroom. I think @cubedata is doing an elaborate drunken end-of-year ruse.

Thanked by 2Amitz MikePT
  • Somebody call the Internet Police, we have a rage quit here!

• NO!

Call the Softwaricide provention line!

Thanked by 1Amitz

@WSS said:

NO!

Call the Softwaricide provention line!

INSTEAD:

Call the le* don't bother advising hotline.

there known to give you advice on what to not even bother doing since they have seen all le* history and know what to tell you to avoid as they have seen it all

• @cubedata said:
    there known to give you advice on what to not even bother doing since they have seen all le* history and know what to tell you to avoid as they have seen it all

They're

Also, !DOCTYPE isn't HTML 3.2, goddammit.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@WSS said:
    @MikePT, but he was in the bathroom. I think @cubedata is doing an elaborate drunken end-of-year ruse.

Hey! I didnt rage quit today, not yet! :p

• @MikePT said:

@WSS said:
    @MikePT, but he was in the bathroom. I think @cubedata is doing an elaborate drunken end-of-year ruse.

Hey! I didnt rage quit today, not yet! :p

Sure you did. There was no TP in the bathroom.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@adly said:
    Most hosting providers on here use WHMCS. Why?
    @adly said:
    @kassle Because it's a great mobile platform?

I wouldn't say WHMCS is 'great'.

Most companies use WHMCS because its cheap, integrates with lots of stuff, is secure and often updated and actually being acquired by cPanel brought it new stuff, more development and meh. Its the market leader when it comes to VPS/WebHosting. There are other similar products such as Clientexec, Blesta, then HostBill / Ubersmith if you need to integrate stuff like baremetal servers / OnApp.

A few things I completely dislike in WHMCS:

• No client API;
    • Their Mobile Apps are a joke;
    • Some of their first line support guys are dumb and spend our precious time before escalating the tickets for those who can actually fix it.
    Thanked by 1adly