Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NIXstats.com Pricing Revealed?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NIXstats.com Pricing Revealed?

GravelyGravely Member
edited December 2017 in General

Im sure @vfuse can elaborate more...

Is it worth a buy?

Thanked by 1nunuigti

Comments

• edited December 2017

This is interesting. I didn't know this was the case until I logged in and checked the payment section. I love the service as is and it's more of a tool that a necessity, I don't think I would be renewing for a paid plan for them. Cool and helpful but I'll have to switch given when they start officially enforcing payment.

• I think the price is decent compared to Hetrix tools and some other ones that are provided, there's unlimited SMS etc and it's discounted right now so personally I think it's a good price depending on if you have a good use case for it.

• Yep, about what I expected.

Totally out of my/LET budget, but worth it if it works correctly.

That's why, for whitebox monitoring,

I'm looking at running prometheus node_exporters on every vps/dedi and pull and retan weeks of metrics into my beefy Hetzner ssd-dedi running Prometheus 2.0

It's a pull-based setup that I'm slowly warming up to.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Time to work more on Night-Sky.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Cheaper than Statuscake and I hear it works.

$6.95 option is actually a very good deal

• @Clouvider said:
    Cheaper than Statuscake and I hear it works.

$6.95 option is actually a very good deal

And you are supporting more smaller business than the huge ones around that cost more :P

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • whips out his Arubalculator

To monitor 5 vps that cost me €5 I have to pay $6.95...

Ok, this is fine if I had tons of dedis but not for my low end services. What do we have on the FOSS end? Prometheus, Zabbix, netstat, nagios. So many choices, need to choose.

Thanked by 2vimalware Aidan
    edited December 2017

@Yura said:
    whips out his Arubalculator

Ok, this is fine if I had tons of dedis but not for my low end services. What do we have on the FOSS end? Prometheus, Zabbix, netstat, nagios. So many choices, need to choose.

Costs you zero exactly

Plan for 5 monitors is free

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @Clouvider said:

@Yura said:

Costs you zero exactly

Damn, you got me Dom!

Thanked by 1Clouvider

<3

Thanked by 1Yura
    edited December 2017

"The beta ends on the 1st of january, after that you will get a 7 day free trial, after that your account will be downgraded to the free account"

So 15 days to migrate if you not want to pay.
    There should be also a founders plan, I guess its kinda cheaper but I could not found it yet.

• @Clouvider said:

@Yura said:

Costs you zero exactly

@Yura, only want to monitor webserver or other stats as well?

• The service is good, but why not get a $5 digitalocean VPS and setup nagios/zabbix? I am currently running zabbix and it works very good.

• @drdrake said:
    The service is good, but why not get a $5 digitalocean VPS and setup nagios/zabbix? I am currently running zabbix and it works very good.

And what if your DO VPS goes offline?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @lion said:

@drdrake said:
    The service is good, but why not get a $5 digitalocean VPS and setup nagios/zabbix? I am currently running zabbix and it works very good.

Get another VPS for HA?

• @drdrake said:

@lion said:

@drdrake said:

Get another VPS for HA?

Then you're already paying more than you would for nixstats

• @lion said:

@drdrake said:

@lion said:

@drdrake said:

Get another VPS for HA?

If it is for critical stuff, you shouldn't use any other third party service at all. If it for some non critical stuff, you can use only a DO server.

@lion said:

@drdrake said:

@lion said:

@drdrake said:

Get another VPS for HA?

This is LET, as if someone pays here 5$ for 512MB KVM.

You can easy make yourself a HA cluster with 512MB KVM's for like 3-5$ a month.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @drdrake said:
    If it is for critical stuff, you shouldn't use any other third party service at all. If it for some non critical stuff, you can use only a DO server.

Oh, since you noticed you were wrong "it doesn't matter anyway"

• Not impressed by 99% uptime and even for bussines only so pro is like what 95? Meh.

• People expecting services for free. Shame on this community.

Thanked by 2Clouvider jetchirag
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Hxxx said:
    People expecting services for free. Shame on this community.

Even though @vfuse had Nixstats for free for about 2 years? Can't even recall it, I'm a very old user and definitely love Nixstats.

It's totally worth. Keep in mind that they're ot targeting the LET client base, but more like enterprise. Their smaller plans seem fine however.
    Unlimited SMS and all that. That costs money.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2017

@Hxxx said:

Why is it called LowEndTalk then? Everyone here is cheap, stingy and unwilling to spend more than a crappy cup of coffee at Starbucks.

• Wrong, out with your fake news. Is the wall ready?

@doghouch said:

@Hxxx said:

Why is it called LowEndTalk then? Everyone here is cheap, stingy and unwilling to spend more than that of a crappy cup of coffee at Starbucks.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2017

@Hxxx Nope, I heard that Trump ran out of money on the wall that Mexico would pay for. Budget for the Canadian wall went dry long before he thought about it. /jks

• drdrake said: $5 digitalocean VPS

Can use $3/year LES NAT for lots of stuff like this (or several, for multiple test points)

• I like how some people are comparing a single VPS to a full featured SaaS monitoring solution because it now costs money.

• This community is retarded.

@Ishaq said:
    I like how some people are comparing a single VPS to a full featured SaaS monitoring solution because it now costs money.

edited December 2017

@Ishaq said:
    I like how some people are comparing a single VPS to a full featured SaaS monitoring solution because it now costs money.

No one is comparing a VPS to a monitoring solution, you made that up.

The point was just if you do it yourself, that you can run software on these boxes that I would be like 50% cheaper.

There is software outside like Icinga2 but its not so easy and convenient to use comparing it to Nixstats.

• @Hxxx said:
    This community is retarded.

@Ishaq said:

Having you as a member certainly hasn't helped raise the bar, either.

I'm mostly happy with my somewhat-limited Hetrix system, but having it able to only hit a 200 response and check for a single plain-text-only response in the body kills me.