Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I received a strange email from Netcup this morning: Meldung über Ausfall Ihres vServers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I received a strange email from Netcup this morning: Meldung über Ausfall Ihres vServers

2»

Comments

• @IAlwaysBeCoding

So yes, netcup does indee have an (for International users) unusual cancellation date requirement, and some other formal stuff/fees that are a bit out of the norm in international vps hosting BUT their vps/actual product performs just the way it should. And in 99% of the cases people order a vps and never see anything of netcup again until they cancel the service, so what's the deal, really? If netcup is not for you that's all right.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • IAlwaysBeCoding said: every single god damn Netcup thread your ass pops in there and says how great Netcup is bla bla bla

yes I recommend them often, because I use them and think what you get is real value for the money.

IAlwaysBeCoding said: not to mention your obvious link on your signature promoting Netcup

yes, thats how referals work. I never denied doing that at all...

IAlwaysBeCoding said: So, it is quite obvious you are not going to mention the VERY ugly parts, and your view about Netcup is extremely bias.

I never denied that either. I am a happy customer for more than a year, actually running four services and some domains. I haven't experienced any ugly parts myself so far - yes my view probably is quite biased.

IAlwaysBeCoding said: Why don't we start listing the outrageous fees Netcup charges you, the late fees, the 20 euros one time fee to change server, the billing terms and their contract based.

so, if you are talking about things you experienced with them, that's fine - why don't you tell in what way they hurt your feelings?

I often warned about contract term lengths and cancellation politics especially when writing about their special offers and such. it's not that I am blindly praising or recommending them to anyone, but that you most likely don't want to see or read...
    also I never recommend german providers at all to people that might hope for a cheap seedbox or stuff, because I don't want people jumping on it running questionable stuff and being suprised that they get booted.

for the fees: afaik the 20€ fee applies if you want an upgrade on a running contract and they do parallel provisioning so you can migrate your content, why should they do that for free?
    you could also just order another bigger server and put your content there, only then you'd have to deal with the rest of your cotract period...
    everyone should be able to clarify that before orderung anything by simply asking or contacting sales though.

you didn't even say something about them charging 2€ per core for enabling VMX to use nested virtualization or a 25€ fee if you want to transfer/change owner on a service.
    yet if you would have watched more closely, you would have seen, that all of this has been discussed more than once.

also if anyone jumps on a contract with a german provider without doing research about how things are usually handled in that country that's simply naive. overdue fines are one the most common things in germany on any kind of monthly contract.

try to see things vice versa. I am of course used to german habits, but could say if dealing with international "providers" I often find it outrageous how people run businesses without proper registration and send outg invoices I can't even declare my taxes with properly because a lot of real information needed is simply missing.

but instead of complaining I try to work with it, or if it is cheap enough would even pay for it outside the scope of business costs...

things work different in different countries. don't expect people or businesses from somewhere else to just work like you are used to.
    blaming them for not living up to your habits imho is the wrong way - you went into their house so play by their rules.

IAlwaysBeCoding said: Since, you speak german so well why don't you translate some of the common complains found in all of the negative reviews online(starting with their horrendous phone support).

if anyone would have ever linked one and asked what the content was about, I am for sure will help out with a translation. I can't remeber to ever have spoken to or needed their phone support, so can't tell anything about how bad or good that is.

IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@Falzo said instead, let's get back to the point where you finally admit which ban evading cunt you really are?

I have no comment.

didn't expect you to.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2017

Ehm. Not wanting to disturb here, but did I mention already that my Netcup root server is stable as a rock since more than a year? Well, nevermind. I have a track record for shilling on LET.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Amitz said:
    Ehm. Not wanting to disturb here, but did I mention already that my Netcup root server is stable as a rock since more than a year? Well, nevermind. I have a track record for shilling on LET.

Is that why you won't chat with me anymore? BECAUSE I'M NOT CLICKING ON YOUR SIGNATURE!?

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Amitz said:

Watsch das Blinkenlite!

LOL!
    made my day!

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

BLINKEN

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @WSS said:

@Amitz said:

Is that why you won't chat with me anymore? BECAUSE I'M NOT CLICKING ON YOUR SIGNATURE!?

Yes. That was the main reason. I ALWAYS clicked on your signatures. Love is not a one-way street, you know? No, seriously: <3 you. Just a bit busy atm!

• Can someone enlighten me why this is such a big wave here?

Provider has an outage of one node. Clients get informed.
    That’s what happened here. Nothing less, nothing more.
    Where’s the big deal?

And btw: having to cancel a month in advance is a totally normal term in Germany for contracts. Cellular, Webhosting,... you have this everywhere.
    And this is a German company addressing mainly local market.
    If you don’t like that some things work differently abroad, then stay at home.
    And just to prevent further discussions: „refunds“ are rather unusual here as well.

Thanked by 1Falzo