Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I received a strange email from Netcup this morning: Meldung über Ausfall Ihres vServers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I received a strange email from Netcup this morning: Meldung über Ausfall Ihres vServers

Like title says, I received this strange email this morning from Netcup:

Guten Tag John Doe,

aktuell liegt ein Ausfall am Node Ihres vServers vor. Dadurch ist folgender Ihrer vServer zur Zeit nicht erreichbar:

v22017115070156143 - BF17 VPS 2500

Uns ist der Ausfall bekannt und wir sind bemüht diesen so schnell wie möglich zu beheben. Sobald dies erfolgt ist, werden wir den Node und anschließend alle vServer des Nodes neu starten.

Wir bitten um etwas Geduld.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ihr netcup Team

---------------------------------------------------------
netcup GmbH
Geschäftsführer
- Dipl.-Ing. (BA) Felix Preuß
- Dipl.-Ing. (BA) Oliver Werner
Daimlerstr. 25

Naturally, I've asked Google what the fuck is this shit and it is oblivious that something went wrong with my crazy 8x8x8 BF VPS, as they rebooted it like crazy.

Now, looking at dmesg, I don't see any kernel panic or something like this. Strange thing.

Anyone else got this ?

Thanked by 1levnode
Yes or No
  1. Yes or No28 votes
    1. Yes
      10.71%
    2. No
      89.29%

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Node failure. Happens sometimes.

• This may explain things:

A C H T U N G ! ! !

--Alles Touristen und Non Technischen Lookens Peepers--

Das maschine control is nicht fur Gefingerpoken und

Mittengrabben. Oderwise is easy schnappen der

Schpriggenwerk, Blownfuse, und Poppencorken mit

Spitzensparken. Der Maschine is Diggen by Experten only.

Is nicht fur Geverken by das Dummkopfen. Das Rubbernecken

und Sightseeren keepen das Cottonpicken Hands in das

Pockets. So Relaxen und Watsch das Blinkenlite.

• @Radi said:

Poor performance, now a node failure, what's next ? :(

@FredQc said:

@Radi said:

Poor performance, now a node failure, what's next ? :(

Data loss

Just kidding, open ticket about poor performance when it's up and running.

• @nyvpsuser said:
    This may explain things:

A C H T U N G ! ! !

From Google:

The machine control is not for Gefinger Poken and
    Mid-grabbing. Orwise is easy grab the
    Schpriggenwerk, Blownfuse, and Poppencorken with
    Tip Sparken. The machine is Diggen by experts only.
    Is not for Geverken by the fooling around. The Rubbernecken
    and sightseers keepen the cottonpicking hands in the
    Pockets. So relax and wad the Blinkenlite.

Now it is more clear... Thank you!!

• LOL

• Radi said: open ticket about poor performance

Yeah, I guess it's the good time for this.

@FredQc You can ask to be migrated to a new node as well

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2017

FredQc said: From Google:

That is a joke, but i guess it went a bit too far of the English-only people here, should have been a bit more to the west.

That being said, everything made by humans can and will break down sooner rather than later, if it is still going on, it means the moment when it will maximize the damage by failing is not here yet, people are known to rely more and more on "reliable" machines so, eventually, when it will fail, they will be taken, again, by surprise.

Thanked by 1pike
  • bitswitchbitswitch Member
    edited December 2017

@nyvpsuser said:
    This may explain things:

A C H T U N G ! ! !

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoLIU2NI66w&t=119

• Watsch das Blinkenlite!

Thanked by 1southy
  • I pointed out that there was a problem on one of the nodes yesterday:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2569771/#Comment_2569771

It looks like more than one node was affected.

I found it nice that netcup sent an email about this.

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2017

FredQc said: Anyone else got this ?

I didn't get any such mail. Perhaps because I don't have a Netcup account or any VPSes with them. Hope this helps!

• nyvpsusernyvpsuser Member
    edited March 2018

@rm_ said:

I didn't get any such mail. Perhaps because I don't have a Netcup account or any VPSes with them. Hope this helps!

Next you'll be bragging you don't get a daily wg marketing email either.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2018

nyvpsuser said: Next you'll be bragging you don't get a daily wg marketing email either.

With the databases being sold, bought and "acquired" these days, yeah, you need some luck not to receive spam from hosts you never had services with and being lucky can earn bragging rights :P

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

get some HA, premium failover.

• Shit happens when cheapskate use VPS for mining.

• @yokowasis said:
    Shit happens when cheapskate use VPS for mining.

What are you talking about? They are highly recommended by some super well known members here. I'm sure they will pop up soon and say how Netcup is great bla bla bla and say this is all just a misunderstanding.

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@yokowasis said:

What are you talking about? They are highly recommended by some super well known members here. I'm sure they will pop up soon and say how Netcup is great bla bla bla and say this is all just a misunderstanding.

someone p*ssed in your coffee this morning or what's that sudden netcup ranting about? it's not like they are discussed rarely around here...

instead, let's get back to the point where you finally admit which ban evading cunt you really are?

Thanked by 2FredQc southy
  • I have one RS and one vServer up and running smoothly.

• @rm_ said:

FredQc said: Anyone else got this ?

Yes, that helps a lot. Thanks!

Thanked by 1levnode
  • @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

When will you post something on LET that's not bullshit?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

FredQc said: 8x8x8 BF VPS

I have the 8x8x8 and more and nothing hit my mailbox

btw, they better release an Adv17 RS500... t-tomorrow, right?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • mfs said: btw, they better release an Adv17 RS500... t-tomorrow, right?

I stayed up every night till 24pm only to see boring stuff. their webhosting might not be bad, but just not my playground anyway.

rest asured I am going to tag the hell out of you, if I see something interesting ;-)

Thanked by 2mfs beagle
  • @FredQc They're saying Happy New Year, i would assume.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Since nobody seems to have bothered translating it, this is the (human) translation of that e-mail:

Good day John Doe,

There's currently a node outage for your VPSes. Due to this, the following VPSes are not reachable at this time:

v22017115070156143 - BF17 VPS 2500

We are aware of the outage, and we're working on fixing it as soon as possible. Once the issue has been resolved, we will restart the node and all the VPSes running on it.

We ask you to be patient.

Regards,

Your netcup team

• edited December 2017

@Falzo said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@yokowasis said:

someone p*ssed in your coffee this morning or what's that sudden netcup ranting about? it's not like they are discussed rarely around here...

I understand that you are Netcup Evangelist here on LET, every single god damn Netcup thread your ass pops in there and says how great Netcup is bla bla bla, not to mention your obvious link on your signature promoting Netcup. So, it is quite obvious you are not going to mention the VERY ugly parts, and your view about Netcup is extremely bias.

Why don't we start listing the outrageous fees Netcup charges you, the late fees, the 20 euros one time fee to change server, the billing terms and their contract based. Since, you speak german so well why don't you translate some of the common complains found in all of the negative reviews online(starting with their horrendous phone support). It is all out there, and those that have done their research in this too-good-to-be-true company can do their due diligence and see what's is it all about.

@Falzo said
    instead, let's get back to the point where you finally admit which ban evading cunt you really are?

>

I have no comment.

• @Falzo said:

mfs said: btw, they better release an Adv17 RS500... t-tomorrow, right?

I stayed up every night till 24pm only to see boring stuff. their webhosting might not be bad, but just not my playground anyway.

rest asured I am going to tag the hell out of you, if I see something interesting ;-)

Same here. Still waiting for a good one. Maybe a storage sever? Or a RS 2000? ;-)

• @beagle said:

@Falzo said:

mfs said: btw, they better release an Adv17 RS500... t-tomorrow, right?

Same here. Still waiting for a good one. Maybe a storage sever? Or a RS 2000? ;-)

I wouldn't be surprised if they are nothing but complete shit for the rest of the duration, just so sales can have a bit of time to relax before the new year.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited December 2017

Here lies a post edited for greater good Unedited, since there's plenty of answers below (but it's the last time, I swear)

IAlwaysBeCoding said: billing terms and their contract based

Reading contracts and ToS when shopping on the Internet? God forbids me, only weak pussies do that

negative reviews online

are you for real

much negative, very disprove

(starting with their horrendous phone support)

Yes hello moshi moshi, phone support is my numero uno concern when I go shopping for low-end unmanaged VPSes

Any complain I find around is literally from people who didn't read the contract and weren't aware that you need to cancel at least one month before the contractual terms; and this is something that gets constantly reiterated in threads concerning netcup btw