Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what's up with MSP/Nick?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So what's up with MSP/Nick?

Last year I bought a nat vps which I had no intention to use, anyways that's my fault, turns out the control panel has been down for months (I don't care really), and I got rebilled for another year (not much, it's nat lol ).

Ever since I got billed automatically again, the server has been 100% offline, there is no panel, no notices, no eta on when it might be back or to even say they're working on it, I really don't care for that except that, when asked for a refund of the LAST CYCLE WHERE THE VPS HAS BEEN OFFLINE NONSTOP BEFORE IT WAS EVEN PAID FOR AGAIN, he says no refunds after 30 days, it had been a year since the original invoice

Now, I understand that if buy a yearly shit deal I can't ask for refunds, I agree 100% and I have never ever asked for a refund on a vps on my life, but this isn't even as bad a knowingly buying from a summer host, wtf

Comments

• vovlervovler Member
    edited December 2017

@MSPNick

Edit___ (Quote from another thread)

The company has moved into a different direction we are still going to offer vm and dedicated servers/reseller accounts. With the amount of issues around NAT vms and the time spent working on them stopped being worth It. Anyone that made a payment in the last 30 days from November the 15th has been refunded. A lot of tickets had been closed with an explanation.

>

If your payment was submitted after the 15th you are due a refund. Please do let me know so I can submit this to your account. Please open a ticket and I’ll get Lydia to process this on your behalf.

>

Please also note that ticket times are longer then normal at the moment while more support staff are hired.

>

Again. No explanation at all. Just a move into a different direction that we wanted to do. I suppose to free up more time for actual work.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

You can find some information here and here.

In a nutshell:

MSPNick said: We have a right to terminate when we feel it was right.

• vovler said: If your payment was submitted after the 15th you are due a refund. Please do let me know so I can submit this to your account. Please open a ticket and I’ll get Lydia to process this on your behalf.

In my case, he literally said no, I replied to clarify that I'm referring to my last invoice (paid on 25th of nov) and he just closed it.

@brueggus

You know, if he wants to do it, so be it, i'd rather be in a "fuck you" than "hahaha u dun goofd" position.

But that's irrelevant with the question at hand because nobody is arguing that, the topic is about knowing the why not the how.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

duckeeyuck said: In my case, he literally said no, I replied to clarify that I'm referring to my last invoice (paid on 25th of nov) and he just closed it.

Well that doesn't seem right.

The first year where you paid but never used - that one's on you because the service was there (presumably).

Starting 15 Nov, since the service wasn't renewed, you're entitled to a refund I'd think. How could you not be?

It's been a very busy season, so perhaps @MSPNick read your ticket too fast...

• I guess it can be said that Nick largely does not give a fuck. Let's see if summoning him here will change that. PR is important afterall. You are not.

@MSPNick

• @raindog308 said:
    Well that doesn't seem right.

The first year where you paid but never used - that one's on you because the service was there (presumably).

Mine went magically disappearing twice, and had to be recreated. With gentle probing, it came back within a week or two, then was discontinued. I can't say it bothered me all that much by that point.

• The guy has some odd selling practices.

Thanked by 4MikePT MasonR atomi cassa
  • mksh said: I guess it can be said that Nick largely does not give a fuck. Let's see if summoning him here will change that. PR is important afterall. You are not.

So what's the point of the useless recap or stating the obvious already stated? Is there a pun intended?

raindog308 said: The first year where you paid but never used - that one's on you because the service was there (presumably).

I'm 100% with you on that, I just don't agree that if the service is offline and I forgot to unsubscribe from autobilling, that the only response one gets is "too bad". Really?

• LeeLee Veteran

When Nick first came to LET he appeared pretty decent but everything he touches has gone to shit for a while now.

Thanked by 3jvnadr Kris atomi
  • mkshmksh Member
    edited December 2017

@duckeeyuck said:

mksh said: I guess it can be said that Nick largely does not give a fuck. Let's see if summoning him here will change that. PR is important afterall. You are not.

So what's the point of the useless recap or stating the obvious already stated? Is there a pun intended?

There isn't much. I basicaly just agreed with your observations and tagged Nick. Thats it.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@kcaj said:
    The guy has some odd selling practices.

Auch. Weird

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@MSPNick you need to refund these people mate, you cant chose to stop service yourself and impose your no refunds policy, that's like letting someone pay for a ride, queue up and them telling them you canceled the ride... no refunds, your choice to do this, you need to be accountable to the people whose money you took.

@duckeeyuck what date did you originally buy this?

• AnthonySmith said: @duckeeyuck what date did you originally buy this?

2016 2X of nov, automatically paid an invoice on the 25th or a few days before (3 tops or w.e time whmcs send the invoice at)

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09159619/filing-history

Click - " Total exemption small company accounts" -£7k last year, I wonder where they are now.

duckeeyuck said: 2016 2X of nov, automatically paid an invoice on the 25th or a few days before (3 tops or w.e time whmcs send the invoice at)

He was part of LES then, I will provide you with service for the remainder of your paid term if he does not refund you.

@AnthonySmith said:

duckeeyuck said: 2016 2X of nov, automatically paid an invoice on the 25th or a few days before (3 tops or w.e time whmcs send the invoice at)

He was part of LES then, I will provide you with service for the remainder of your paid term if he does not refund you.

So this is not much different than SH... While people are reacting differently. - 7k last year, damn.

MikePT said: So this is not much different than SH...

It is the same thing yes.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT said:

@AnthonySmith said:

So this is not much different than SH... While people are reacting differently. - 7k last year, damn.

Kinda. Difference being Nick is not wasting peoples pacience by trying to defend his actions or skirting questions. He just does what he does and he does it swiftly. Not saying it's much better but still way less annoying.

Thanked by 2Clouvider WSS

@mksh said:

@MikePT said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Kinda. Difference being Nick is not wasting peoples pacience by trying to defend his actions or skirting questions. He just does what he does and he does it swiftly. Not saying it's much better but still way less annoying.

I see your point, a valid one.

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

Lee said: When Nick first came to LET he appeared pretty decent but everything he touches has gone to shit for a while now.

Didn't refund me although he said he did (dedicated server), will never go back....

Thanked by 1Lee

@gleert said:

Lee said: When Nick first came to LET he appeared pretty decent but everything he touches has gone to shit for a while now.

Didn't refund me although he said he did (dedicated server), will never go back....

Can you tell us the whole story?
    How much did you lose there and who was he reselling?

Cant the mods remove his provider tag considering the last events, @ElliotJ, @trewq, @Amitz? Looks like Nick is shady.

MikePT said: Cant the mods remove his provider tag considering the last events, @ElliotJ, @trewq, @Amitz? Looks like Nick is shady.

Well, he has been here a long time, I think its only fair to get both sides before anything like that happens.

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • LeeLee Veteran

@hawc said:

Click - " Total exemption small company accounts" -£7k last year, I wonder where they are now.

£7k is a lot if you mainly sell in the LET type market. In fact I would consider that reasonably successful.

@AnthonySmith said:

MikePT said: Cant the mods remove his provider tag considering the last events, @ElliotJ, @trewq, @Amitz? Looks like Nick is shady.

Well, he has been here a long time, I think its only fair to get both sides before anything like that happens.

You are right.

@Lee said:

@hawc said:

£7k is a lot if you mainly sell in the LET type market. In fact I would consider that reasonably successful.

7000/12? Its not successful, its a hobbie.

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Lee said: £7k is a lot if you mainly sell in the LET type market. In fact I would consider that reasonably successful.

I would disagree. 7k in a year?

• @Lee said:

@hawc said:

7k loss not profit.

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • @Ho-ost That would almost pay for one boob!

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @Lee said:

@hawc said:

Please don't handle financial matters personally.

@Ho-ost said:

@Lee said:

@hawc said:

7k loss not profit.

Didnt even recall that but also did not check it properly.