Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much VirMach is reliable? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much VirMach is reliable?

13»

Comments

• williewillie Member
    edited December 2017

sureiam said: Are you able to burst to your rated connection speed during benchmark tests?

I don't know the rated connection speed and I'm not into benchmarks. I'm able to fill the 100 mbit pipe between my Virmach Buffalo vps and a BHS Kimsufi dedi where the Kimsufi has a capped 100 mbit port (uploading from Buffalo to BHS). I don't know what would happen with a faster port, but in any case for a $2/month vps this more than satisfies me.

Thanked by 1nabin
  • Anyone has the link of their cheapst vps?

• @willie said:

sureiam said: Are you able to burst to your rated connection speed during benchmark tests?

I don't know the rated connection speed and I'm not into benchmarks. I'm able to fill the 100 mbit pipe between my Virmach Buffalo vps and a BHS Kimsufi dedi where the Kimsufi has a capped 100 mbit port (uploading from Buffalo to BHS). I don't know what would happen with a faster port, but in any case for a $2/month vps this more than satisfies me.

If you've no information then it's 1G, you can see in your node information if there's a 10G then you've 10G.

I'm getting not more than 500M on my 10G Buffalo NY KVM with Windows.

• benj0x said:

It's a shared port and you're never going to get actual 10G transfers from a cheap VPS, probably even within the same DC.

• They are slow but rarely go down.

• @willie said:

benj0x said:

It's a shared port and you're never going to get actual 10G transfers from a cheap VPS, probably even within the same DC.

Colocrossing is the problem. I'm sure.
    Even to their local speedtest server +4ms and just ~600M so ;D

• Yeah, Virmach is not reliable at all, SCAM!!!!!!1

But.. but wait a minute...

Is that active VPS with Virmach ?

• I'm playing with a small VirMach OVZ VPS since Black Friday.

Definitely not long enough, but so far everything is good.

The only possible complaint I can come up with is there's no memory and CPU graphs in SolusVM:

"Error generating graph."

Thanked by 1nabin