Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much VirMach is reliable? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much VirMach is reliable?

Comments

• VirMach said:

If you're comparing us to an airline

I'd instead compare Virmach to Crazy Eddie if anyone remembers him: their prices are INSANE!!! And the stuff works perfectly well in my experience so far.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2017

I am ok with a provider that offers cheap services such as a VPS and says "get on with it", which let's face it is what most providers want you to do.

When it comes to that provider fixing your mess, there is a charge, fair play. Want something that will take a bit of time to do that you cannot do yourself, fine, charge for it.

That is how real life works, the problem is there are so many that are scared of losing a client they are willing to cut their own heart out for them.

Thanked by 2netomx nabin
  • @VirMach - This comment alone makes me feel that I didn't make a mistake pre-ordering the 500GB storage plan.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2017

Thanked by 1netomx
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2017

Yeah I've been a @virmach customer for over a year now and everything has been running perfectly.

Thanked by 1nabin
  • @VirMach said:
    Most the bad reviews are from unreasonable customers & abusers, but you can decide for yourself. Here are the most 10 recent bad reviews on TrustPilot.

Do they really exists those kind of customers? I'll assume most people contracting a VPS will have a minimum IT knowledge and are aware of the technical stuff as to complain like this. And true, we customers sometimes screw up things but everything can be cleared up talking in good faith.

Thanked by 1nabin
  • mkshmksh Member
    edited December 2017

@raindog308 said:

mksh said: Just a bunch of people saying Virmach snuck into their VPS and changed ssh keys. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Link?

OP is the one saying he read reviews that lead him to the conclusion that this might be a possibility. I asked for links too (as did @ehab) but OP didn't answer that and instead changed the topic. I thought the Nothing out of the ordinary would be enough of a sarcasm tag.

• @mksh said:
    Just a bunch of people saying Virmach snuck into their VPS and changed ssh keys. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Well, to be fair, their first-level team is very quick in demanding access to VMs and does intervene even though intervention was specifically de-selected. Thats why also my previous "recommendation" of better training for them.

• @bitswitch said:

@mksh said:
    Just a bunch of people saying Virmach snuck into their VPS and changed ssh keys. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Well, to be fair, their first-level team is very quick in demanding access to VMs and does intervene even though intervention was specifically de-selected. Thats why also my previous "recommendation" of better training for them.

Sure that might be the case (i am not a Virmach costumer so i don't really know) but why would they change the host key while doing so? For OVZ they can probably easily skip SSH enterily and for KVM i don't see a point. Adding an authorized key would make some sense but changing the host key? What would that archive outside of triggering the warning posted by OP? I highly doubt they have an interest in man-in-the-middleing the connection.

• @mksh said:
    Sure that might be the case (i am not a Virmach costumer so i don't really know) but why would they change the host key while doing so? For OVZ they can probably easily skip SSH enterily and for KVM i don't see a point. Adding an authorized key would make some sense but changing the host key? What would that archive outside of triggering the warning posted by OP? I highly doubt they have an interest in man-in-the-middleing the connection.

Fair points, though I wasnt suggesting they did change the key. It is only that they are quick in demanding such access and dont leave the most hesitant impression in this context.

• @willie said:

VirMach said:

If you're comparing us to an airline

I'd instead compare Virmach to Crazy Eddie if anyone remembers him: their prices are INSANE!!! And the stuff works perfectly well in my experience so far.

Quite a bad analogy; CE was rife with fraud.

@VirMach I feel so naked now that I am down to only two VPS after selling the rest off to pay for the L4V project. :(

• I had 0 downtime ever since I've bought my first VPS which was last year, what is going on with these guys? @VirMach, I want my money back.

@nabin, I'd say 101% reliable based on my experience but that's just me.

Thanked by 1nabin
  • Oseri said: I'll assume most people contracting a VPS will have a minimum IT knowledge

BZZZZT.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Ooops. It looks like @VirMach nailed it.
    Anyway as mentioned previously, its a very decent service considering their LET offers.
    Granted that their L1/L2 are sometimes useless but at least they are working on improving it.

Thanked by 1nabin
  • No host provider could solve this problem. Because this is not a problem.

Thanked by 1nabin
  • Thank you @VirMach for the detail information.

@VirMach
    Changes are free if you receive a blacklisted IP and report it to us immediately.

Thanks for this policy, I have done this once, because the IP I got was blacklisted on some anti-spam database.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • @mksh said:

@raindog308 said:

mksh said: Just a bunch of people saying Virmach snuck into their VPS and changed ssh keys. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Link?

OP is the one saying he read reviews that lead him to the conclusion that this might be a possibility. I asked for links too (as did @ehab) but OP didn't answer that and instead changed the topic. I thought the Nothing out of the ordinary would be enough of a sarcasm tag.

I really do not have the link to the comment, I feel bad that I did not screenshot that comment or save the link as a proof.
    I don't know how you take my my topic but really want to say that I have a good faith on @VirMach .

• @virmach As with anything, low prices attracts that kind of behavior.

I've been with you for quite a while, you're doing an absolutely great job!
    I would suggest that you send emails from time to time about reviewing virmach so that you get more positive reviews if you want that.

Thanked by 2nabin VirMach
  • I've used VirMach for a number of months, running a couple of their Elite VPS servers (containers). Everything worked just as expected, with no down time that I noticed.

Unfortunately my customer doesn't need these anymore so I have cancelled my service with them, but I'm sure I will be back at some point if I need a cheap reliable, OVZ package.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Anyway, back to the OP's question.

How much VirMach is reliable? One VPS? Two? Ten?

• @raindog308 said:
    Anyway, back to the OP's question.

In my experience- About 60. But that's just from personal knowledge.

Thanked by 3raindog308 nabin yomero
  • ehabehab Member
    edited December 2017

deleted

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2017

raindog308 said:

Virmach is reliable VPS.

...wtf, where did they all come from?

Thanked by 2MikePT nabin
  • much reliable, such wow!

maybe more like Trader Joe's (or let's say Fry's) than Crazy Eddie

ahhh what I'm really trying to say is VIRMACH IS THE GODDAMN CHUCK NORRIS OF VPS. DEAL WITH IT.

• nabinnabin Member
    edited December 2017

brueggus said: raindog308 said: How much VirMach is reliable? One VPS? Two? Ten?

Virmach is reliable VPS.

...wtf, where did they all come from?

I do not have that much server, it does not mean that I am not from this earth. I just have (6 VPS) 3 from Vultr, 2 from DO and 1 from VirMach. My VPS on Vultr and DO are a year+ and on Virmach for around 2 months only.

I think it is good to clear the doubt in the beginning rather then cursing at the end and leaving. I want to clear the doubt of some people who think I am destroying VirMach image, I have no issue with VirMach and whenever I need next VPS I am again going with them.

@VirMach i am soon going to buy a new VPS with you.

• I don't have service with them but their test files are easily the slowest of the bunch and their company formation info leaves a bit to be desired. Just doesn't give enough of a professional feel to me to meet my needs as a more professional consumer looking for value.

• Value? you are in the wrong place son. Here we look for price.

@sureiam said:
    I don't have service with them but their test files are easily the slowest of the bunch and their company formation info leaves a bit to be desired. Just doesn't give enough of a professional feel to me to meet my needs as a more professional consumer looking for value.

• @sureiam said:
    I don't have service with them but their test files are easily the slowest of the bunch and their company formation info leaves a bit to be desired. Just doesn't give enough of a professional feel to me to meet my needs as a more professional consumer looking for value.

You're talking about a company who more often than not has $x/yr services.

• I'm satisfied/impressed with the network speed of the cheap instances I have with them so far. My main issue (a rather minor one) is I wish they'd offer Debian 9 installation instances in the usual way since I'd rather not bother with custom isos or dist-upgrade (which hit some snags when I tried it).

Thanked by 1nabin
  • @Hxxx said:
    Value? you are in the wrong place son. Here we look for price.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss there are top notch providers here that will give great deals provided it's through PM and your obviously not up to anything nefarious.

@willie said:
    I'm satisfied/impressed with the network speed of the cheap instances I have with them so far. My main issue (a rather minor one) is I wish they'd offer Debian 9 installation instances in the usual way since I'd rather not bother with custom isos or dist-upgrade (which hit some snags when I tried it).

Are you able to burst to your rated connection speed during benchmark tests?