Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVz providers : what happens after Nov 2019? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVz providers : what happens after Nov 2019?

Comments

• @KuJoe said:
    I was going to make a joke about slabbing individual VPSs, but the more I think about it the more of a good idea it might be if OpenVZ 7 doesn't improve a lot (albeit impossible to implement for people using commercial control panels).

I was about to make this suggestion too. Just put the people in love with their old VZ6 in KVMs with the same thrusty kernel and OpenVZ layer they love, and which providers certainly don't love!

Then as people naturally migrate to KVM or simply cancel their services, you are not required to maintain legacy hostnodes with potential security risks.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

classy said: which providers certainly don't love!

As long as it's still supported I will continue to love OpenVZ 6. :P

• Once this happened we will inform our clients to move to kvm instead , When we price our products OpenVZ or KVM plans, We can't see the difference between them at all. Nowadays OpenVZ and KVM are the same with the price. Even KVM is better and have many options and give you all resources you need. ( Real resources ).

• @x3host said:
    Once this happened we will inform our clients to move to kvm instead , When we price our products OpenVZ or KVM plans, We can't see the difference between them at all. Nowadays OpenVZ and KVM are the same with the price. Even KVM is better and have many options and give you all resources you need. ( Real resources ).

Calling bs on that: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/132505/x3host-new-year-deals-2-4-8-gb-ram-starts-at-9-yr-phoenix-ny-kansas-la/p1

openvz 2gb at 20/year, kvm at 29/year. OVZ even gets more diskspace

x3host said: Even KVM is better and have many options and give you all resources you need. ( Real resources ).

This statement is subjective. KVM is not always better and doesn't always have more options.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ bugrakoc
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

When the time comes I would probably just setup a bunch of new servers with VZ7 and migrate everything over individually. Downtime is minimal if done right. The people that use OpenVZ with me mostly prefer OpenVZ for one reason or another. Most of the issues with OVZ are problems with providers.

Thanked by 1Zerpy
  • @MikeA said:
    Most of the issues with OVZ are problems with providers.

This ^

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

I have a node on OVZ. But it's half empty for six months now.

• x3hostx3host Banned
    edited December 2017

@KuJoe said:

x3host said: Even KVM is better and have many options and give you all resources you need. ( Real resources ).

This statement is subjective. KVM is not always better and doesn't always have more options.

What makes openvz great regarding your opinions, Can you please let me know some options that make Openvz better than KVM ?

• @teamacc said:

@x3host said:
    Once this happened we will inform our clients to move to kvm instead , When we price our products OpenVZ or KVM plans, We can't see the difference between them at all. Nowadays OpenVZ and KVM are the same with the price. Even KVM is better and have many options and give you all resources you need. ( Real resources ).

Calling bs on that: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/132505/x3host-new-year-deals-2-4-8-gb-ram-starts-at-9-yr-phoenix-ny-kansas-la/p1

openvz 2gb at 20/year, kvm at 29/year. OVZ even gets more diskspace

Prices on the market should be different , But once OpenVZ disappear from the market you will see better prices for KVM from reliable and trusted providers.

I've OpenVZ nodes but once i've started to use KVM everything changed , My clients doesn't complain about overloading or slowness one the server usage, Everything looks fair for usage. Even if they paid higher than OpenVZ.

@x3host said:

@KuJoe said:

What make openvz great regarding your opinions, Can you please let me know some option that make Openvz better than KVM ?

IMO it's more stable, it's easier to manage for both clients and hosts, it's easier to migrate, it's easier to backup, it's easier to resize without a reboot, it's easier to deploy, it's easier to configure the network, it's easier to patch the kernel for all VPSs at once, it has less overhead, it's easier to automate, it's easier to prevent abuse, it's easier to monitor, and I'm sure there are a lot of other things I'm forgetting.

As for more options, I meant giving clients more options in the control panel for things at the OS level that you can't for KVM.

Don't get me wrong, KVM is a fine platform, but I'll pick OpenVZ over KVM any day as a provider and an end user if I need a Linux VPS.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi

x3host said: My clients doesn't complain about overloading or slowness one the server usage, Everything looks fair for usage. Even if they paid higher than OpenVZ.

This has nothing to do with OpenVZ and everything to do with the provider managing it. You can't blame OpenVZ for "overloading or slowness".

Thanked by 3Zerpy Shazan gestiondbi
  • @KuJoe said:

x3host said: My clients doesn't complain about overloading or slowness one the server usage, Everything looks fair for usage. Even if they paid higher than OpenVZ.

This has nothing to do with OpenVZ and everything to do with the provider managing it. You can't blame OpenVZ for "overloading or slowness".

Ofcourse this is my opinion too about "overloading or slowness" we can't blame the OpenVZ Virtualization about it, But did you get the point that KVM give everyone a real resources for the slices they get from any provider? BTW ! I like the usage of OpenVZ and i'm comfortable now with it! within many servers.

x3host said: But did you get the point that KVM give everyone a real resources for the slices they get from any provider?

Any host not giving "real resource" for their OpenVZ containers won't last long.

• @x3host said:
    Ofcourse this is my opinion too about "overloading or slowness" we can't blame the OpenVZ Virtualization about it, But did you get the point that KVM give everyone a real resources for the slices they get from any provider? BTW ! I like the usage of OpenVZ and i'm comfortable now with it! within many servers.

What prevents a provider from overselling storage, RAM and CPU on KVM?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2017

This is funny because we just test between OVZ7 and LXC, our customers should expect a beta soon.
    OVZ 7 is great but the OS templates are not so varied, cant be migrated reliably at least not yet, and I am not sure it supports all features OVZ 6 does. As for LXC, no, wont do for the OVZ user, at least as they look now.
    It is like moving in a new, modern house. Yes, it is more efficient, spaced and less damp and worn out, but the miriad things you upgraded and changed to make your routine easier are suddenly gone and some of them will never be back.
    As for the migration, it will happen as with our Xen. XenPower still use 3.x and does not support for example jessie out of the box, yet people prefer it to the new HVM version 4.6 with ISO and all. At least some of them do, but we do have the modern alternative and, while it is complicated to support both versions, it will eventually die out naturally. The Dallas node we retire soon is Xen power, the Pune one had only 12 VM on it when it died, still XenPower, heck, Biz Xen is running same obsolete platform.

Who are we to force migration, as long as the customers like it and the migration is so unpredictable because people run god knows what kernels which crash the new nodes, there is no obvious hacking and no vulnerability we can't patch, why not... Eventually, when the time will come when it will be impossible and impractical to support it, will die out naturally, with only a handful of holdouts and abandoned VMs but still paid due to some inertia or forgotten cancellation of vm and subscription, then it will go, but no sooner unless in case of hardware failure or some other things to precipitate it.

OVZ will be the same, I presume, personally i look at ovz 6 like at a miracle, it is so convoluted and patched you think it is still up because does not know which side to fall over, but the whole concept is like that. New one is clean and streamlined, but lacks the patches that made the other be so popular, at least for now. It is hard to be functional, simple and easy to use in the same time, at a low resources cost and high density and resource utilization. Something got to give.

To answer the question, we will provide both 6 and 7 very likely, LXC is kinda different, maybe worth a look later and KVM is a completely different beast which we already have tons and our customers know about it in 4 different versions, solus, virtualizor, cloudstack and proxmox. As long as the customers are ok and the rate of hacking and other things are within the norm, even if obsolete, vox populi, vox Dei.

Thanked by 2vimalware default
  • @KuJoe said:

x3host said: But did you get the point that KVM give everyone a real resources for the slices they get from any provider?

Any host not giving "real resource" for their OpenVZ containers won't last long.

HVH would like to have a word with you.

• @Zerpy said:

@x3host said:

What prevents a provider from overselling storage, RAM and CPU on KVM?

I didn't mean that too ! I mean the client will get his KVM slice with the ram , hdd could be provided from the main node , For example we can offer 8 vps's only for the whole node but with KVM some providers can make thousands inside it and finally it depends on the provider you are going to purchase with him, For me i don't have issues with openvz.

• @WSS said:

@KuJoe said:

Sevrverhand owner is officially your friend. I believe !!

• @x3host said:

@WSS said:

@KuJoe said:

Nobody's talking to you, Bozo.

• x3hostx3host Banned
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:

@x3host said:

@WSS said:

@KuJoe said:

We are no longer linked to the website or company you mentioned : ) BTW i like your trolls.

• @x3host said:

@WSS said:

@x3host said:

@WSS said:

@KuJoe said:

We are no longer linked to the website or company you mentioned : ) BTW i like your trolls.

Nobody's buying it, Bozo.

• x3hostx3host Banned
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:

@x3host said:

@WSS said:

@x3host said:

@WSS said:

@KuJoe said:

Ok thanks for your hidden statics.

• @x3host why are 7 times more expensive than your competitors?

• x3hostx3host Banned
    edited December 2017

@mksh said:
    @x3host why are 7 times more expensive than your competitors?

Look at serverhand issues now, they provided cheap vps's and the result you can see it, BTW , We're still offering cheap vps packages as much as I can.

We were have many orders within this blackfriday and many of them has been activated. We are planning to give discount codes soon again.

You can check our offers to look at our vps plans:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/132505/x3host-new-year-deals-2-4-8-gb-ram-starts-at-9-yr-phoenix-ny-kansas-la#latest

• @x3host said:

@WSS said:

@x3host said:

@WSS said:

@x3host said:

@WSS said:

@KuJoe said:

You're half the professional @ServerHand was.

• @WSS said:

@x3host said:

@WSS said:

@x3host said:

@WSS said:

@x3host said:

@WSS said:

@KuJoe said:

You're half the professional @ServerHand was.

We are walking on the right path, So we don't care.

I still love your trolls , Go on!

• @x3host said:

@mksh said:

Look at serverhand issues now, they provided cheap vps's and the result you can see it, BTW , We're still offering cheap vps packages as much as I can.

But you are offering servers at $250 your competitors sell at $30. Don't you think that is a bit steep?

• @mksh said:

@x3host said:

@mksh said:

But you are offering servers at $250 your competitors sell at $30. Don't you think that is a bit steep?

We are still offering coupons since we started our hosting, And this is the default prices for VPS packages without discount.

• @x3host said:

@mksh said:

@x3host said:

@mksh said:

We are still offering coupons since we started our hosting, And this is the default prices for VPS packages without discount.

Well, tbh it seems you don't stock those dedicated gbit servers other providers sell for $30 at all. That makes you about 220 times more expensive than your competition. Don't you think that is a bit steep now?