Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VolumeDrive is funny
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VolumeDrive is funny

After the famous VD disaster, they failed to recover my serves (probably they are left behind in the Burst facility). I had backup and do not care about the data, but they even did not provide me servers according to my contracts.

Funny part is that they are keep sending me bills. It's so funny that they want to charge me for the service they do not provide (after their massive failure).

Comments

• Have you requested for the invoices to be stopped?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Reece said:
    Have you requested for the invoices to be stopped?

Why would he have to do that ? Since the service is not provided, why is it billed ?

• @Reece said:
    Have you requested for the invoices to be stopped?

I didn't say that it's annoying to receive the bills. I mean why their commitment to charge me is more than fixing/compensating their failure, which was really severe.

• @Bartok said:

I can understand fully where your coming, and not in defense of VD for their actions but they're system probably send's them automatically.

Have they not offered a new server?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@Reece said:
    Automatically

• spekkspekk Member
    edited September 2013

the billing is probably done automatically, a funny incident has happened some years ago, an apartment building fell because of a gas explosion (gas company's fault), but the people living in it before it went down still received their gas bills the next month

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

So what are the odds that Volume Drive is going to survive? Amazing to me that anyone would consider using them moving forward.

• spekkspekk Member
    edited September 2013

It all depends on how they perform in their new location I guess, if people had no issues with them I do not see any reason why they should leave now just because of this 'small incident', also new people may come, it all depends what prices they will offer. People like Bartok who had their data lost etc, well they will think twice before using them again, but not everybody lost their data etc. I do not know yet what to believe but BurstNET is claiming they took off with some servers, and left some behind, maybe it was some disagreement about the money, and then BurstNET took the servers as collateral, because I do not see how the guys from VolumeDrive could have left with servers from the BurstNET facility if they didn't pay the bills, it's not like they could smuggle them out in their pockets.

@jbiloh said:
    So what are the odds that Volume Drive is going to survive? Amazing to me that anyone would consider using them moving forward.

• @spekk said:
    It all depends on how they perform in their new location I guess, if people had no issues with them I do not see any reason why they should leave now just because of this 'small incident', also new people may come, it all depends what prices they will offer. People like Bartok who had their data lost etc, well they will think twice before using them again, but not everybody lost their data etc. I do not know yet what to believe but BurstNET is claiming they took off with some servers, and left some behind, maybe it was some disagreement about the money, and then BurstNET took the servers as collateral, because I do not see how the guys from VolumeDrive could have left with servers from the BurstNET facility if they didn't pay the bills, it's not like they could smuggle them out in their pockets.

Very true. As long as their services are performed well in their new facility, things should be okay for them, for the customers that had no issues with them at all up until the point of that incident.

• +people are very forgiving when they see good offer/low prices. LET/LEB with all pump and dump comebacks and/or past failures with new low price deals is good example of this. Some people never learn.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@jbiloh said:

I mean they set out to provide unrealistically cheap deals in the market at the time. People jump on that. It took a while for it to catch up to them though. Others do the same thing, I mean look at Co...nah nvm ;)

Oh come on you set me up there I had to do it lol

On another note, if anyone takes what Burst.net says at face value, my suggestion is don't. They sound like they mean well here, but we're talking about information coming from Burst.net on WHT. Burst.net has consistently been one of the most dickish (if it's not a word, it is now) providers on WHT. Consistently, justifiably or not, they have left a sour taste in the mouths of would-be customers who have observed their interactions with prospective, current, or former clients. I'm an ass, but when I communicate with a client about whatever it is that I do, I put on a smile because that's what you're supposed to do. No one ever taught them that I guess.

• @Bartok said:
    After the famous VD disaster, they failed to recover my serves (probably they are left behind in the Burst facility). I had backup and do not care about the data, but they even did not provide me servers according to my contracts.

Funny part is that they are keep sending me bills. It's so funny that they want to charge me for the service they do not provide (after their massive failure).

Please write me directly [email protected] and will ensure that you do not receive any invoices and these are removed from your account. Our billing system is automated and they simply were not marked as canceled.

• @Jade_G said:
    Very true. As long as their services are performed well in their new facility, things should be okay for them, for the customers that had no issues with them at all up until the point of that incident.

Our new facility is up and operational. We've outlined a few key issues during our migration on another post here, so we won't go into details on this thread. However, we have been delivering upgraded replacement servers in addition to providing downtime credits for any customer affected during the migration.

@volumedrive said:

Well, Charge people then Move and can't recover their services or data, At last give people their refund.

• @jarland said:
    On another note, if anyone takes what Burst.net says at face value, my suggestion is don't. They sound like they mean well here, but we're talking about information coming from Burst.net on WHT. Burst.net has consistently been one of the most dickish (if it's not a word, it is now) providers on WHT. Consistently, justifiably or not, they have left a sour taste in the mouths of would-be customers who have observed their interactions with prospective, current, or former clients. I'm an ass, but when I communicate with a client about whatever it is that I do, I put on a smile because that's what you're supposed to do. No one ever taught them that I guess.

You should see what its like to deal with them in person... I can assure you that their online arrogance and "the customer is always wrong" attitude is tenfold in person.

@volumedrive said:

What about dealing with you?

• @key900 Please feel free to contact us directly with any questions or concerns you may have.

• smansman Member
    edited September 2013

I think their response to this fiasco is worse then the actual fiasco. Now they are blaming it on other providers. At least 2 and both those providers have a different story. Since Burstnet and the other provider still have ongoing businesses and their own datacenter which needs to run on more then just bullshit doubletalk I know who I believe.

• @sman said:
    I think their response to this fiasco is worse then the actual fiasco. Now they are blaming it on other providers.

We aren't blaming "providers", one here in particular that without a doubt made the migration to our facility much more difficult than it needed to be. Now we are offering upgraded replacement servers, service credits and refunds to any clients affected. If we didn't care about our clients or core business for that matter, would we go out of our way to do any of this and continue to re-establish our brand and services? Call it what you want, but we have spent countless nights and days to make sure every server was returned to service and handled correctly. If you are / were a direct client, please feel free to contact us to have any issued you may have addressed.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

VolumeDrive seems to be surviving, people will always try the cheapest hosting they don't receive the same experience. There have been a few threads on WHT lately with people asking opinions of VD in their new location.

• @MrRadic said:
    VolumeDrive seems to be surviving, people will always try the cheapest hosting they don't receive the same experience. There have been a few threads on WHT lately with people asking opinions of VD in their new location.

Our service level and quality has improved drastically over the last month with the migration into our own facility ( this was long overdue ).

@volumedrive said:
    Our service level and quality has improved drastically over the last month with the migration into our own facility ( this was long overdue ).

I'll vouch for that right now, and I'll keep everyone posted as time goes by.

Thanked by 2volumedrive Jeffrey
  • BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@volumedrive said:
    You should see what its like to deal with them in person... I can assure you that their online arrogance and "the customer is always wrong" attitude is tenfold in person.

I wouldn't be surprised, I've heard many BurstNET horror stories.

The way BurstNET conducted themselves during the fiasco was very unprofessional as well. There was an employee from BurstNET actively commenting throughout the fiasco on WHT. He wouldn't provide any hard facts, just offered speculation, vague hints and seemed to enjoy all the chaos that was going on.

@BrianHarrison said:
    The way BurstNET conducted themselves during the fiasco was very unprofessional as well. There was an employee from BurstNET actively commenting throughout the fiasco on WHT. He wouldn't provide any hard facts, just offered speculation, vague hints and seemed to enjoy all the chaos that was going on.

Part of the reason I ordered at their new location. Just to give the finger to Burst for the way they handled the situation. They wouldn't know professionalism if it bit them in the ass. Back when me and Ryan started Catalyst as shared hosting, we used VolumeDrive for a while. The change came only because of the packet loss. I'm loving the opportunity to give them a fresh chance at running a better network under a better roof.

• Hmm.. the server that I recently got from VD does not seem to be accessible, anyone else with a server from VD having this problem?

• @BrianHarrison said:
    The way BurstNET conducted themselves during the fiasco was very unprofessional as well. There was an employee from BurstNET actively commenting throughout the fiasco on WHT.

The talkative "employee" on WHT is the CEO of Burstnet. :)

• @earl said:
    Hmm.. the server that I recently got from VD does not seem to be accessible, anyone else with a server from VD having this problem?

>

Please open a support ticket and we'll look into this right away ([email protected]) and include your server ID.

• @Jack said:
    You'll probably get a better response by actually tagging them so they get an email alert volumedrive

As always... thanks Jack :)

• It's a 100% Cogent Network but performance isn't extremely terrible.

+1 for VD