Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Freedom of speech provider in Europe? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Freedom of speech provider in Europe?

Comments

• @jater said:
    Well actually, while many people would see some political views hateful, others see them just as common sense. You would be suprised. It is better I say someone could be offended and asking for permission beforehand than just setting up the site on anyone's server. As you can see, not many hosts are willing to host this kind of content.

Um, you are on a forum of nerds. There is a huge over-representation of people who are right-wing and have no problem hosting actual political speech. That you are giving non-answers like this make me assume this is something with an actual hate-bent to it.

I think the safe money is on some anti-immigrant stuff or anti-Muslim stuff, in which case our resident racist @Chris Miller at URPad might be able to accommodate you

Thanked by 1DomainBop
  • @Frost said:
    Maybe william can shed some light

Edis' TOS only prohibits racism (which under Austrian law also includes anti-Semitism) and extremism (extremism = advocacy of violence by either right wing or left wing extremists groups, and under Austrian law "extremism" also includes speech/activities which advocate Neo-Nazism or holocaust denial.)

In other words, Edis TOS prohibits activities which are illegal under Austrian law. It doesn't prohibit legal forms of free speech.

There's a little more detail on what is prohibited under Austrian law in the political rights and civil liberties' section of this article: http://www.freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2013/austria

• @DomainBop said:

Well, EDIS is always a good choice because the people who run it are well aware of laws etc and don't blindly follow bogus requests etc..

However, @William has always been able to give me solid advice on what the best place (legally) is to host certain things.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2013

bahnhof.net but over 6$

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@DomainBop said:
    It doesn't prohibit legal forms of free speech.

In terms of free speech everything must be legal. The fact we have laws against free speech is representative for the world's democracy.
    That being said, we host everything that is legal. From what I know, racism is not and while I do not agree with it, it is the right of everyone to believe they are the chosen people by god's word or by right of birth and they have to terminate the "untermenschen" or "pagans" to gather more "lebensraum" or free their land from the "scourge".
    So, go ahead and order if you say the content is legal. If it is proven it is not, we will give you notice in advance. As for the stock, that is a problem, just reply to your own ticket and tell me which plan you need, I will look into it and if that is not available, will find something similar. I reply here since you linked it in the ticket and it seems you follow the thread.

• I highly suggest seeking status from the eff.org if this is on a sensitive nature and must be present online try them, they offer freedom in many forms.

• @texteditor said:
    I think the safe money is on some anti-immigrant stuff or anti-Muslim stuff, in which case our resident racist Chris Miller at URPad might be able to accommodate you

It isn't hate speech, it just wont go down very well with certain people.

• @Maounique said:
    So, go ahead and order if you say the content is legal. If it is proven it is not, we will give you notice in advance. As for the stock, that is a problem, just reply to your own ticket and tell me which plan you need, I will look into it and if that is not available, will find something similar. I reply here since you linked it in the ticket and it seems you follow the thread.

Okay thanks. I will email Prometeus, you saw my email address in the ticket so I will ask.

• texteditortexteditor Member
    edited September 2013

Why aren't you preemptively looking for something with DDoS protection if you are well aware that you will be attracting unwanted negative attention?

Cloudflare's CDN doesn't really count if you are free-tiering it

• @texteditor said:
    Why aren't you preemptively looking for something with DDoS protection if you are well aware that you will be attracting unwanted negative attention?

I have looked, CloudFlare should be fine (and all I can really do). Also, I can limit the amount of bandwidth used on my web server. I've not seen a provider with "special DDoS protection".

We do not have DDoS protection, and out ToS is clear regarding that. If people are thinking to defend their point of view by silencing the adversary I can only be sad for them...

• @Maounique said:
    If people are thinking to defend their point of view by silencing the adversary I can only be sad for them...

I said CloudFlare.

Seeing as people here are much more experienced than me, what else can I do? How DO I protect it from DDoS?

• @jater said:
    I've not seen a provider with "special DDoS protection".

BuyVM, SecureDragon, x4b as a tunnel..

• @Maounique said:
    In terms of free speech everything must be legal. The fact we have laws against free speech is representative for the world's democracy.

This kind of absolutist stance is dumb. Advocating and calls to action for genocide, exploitation of children, etc. actually do have real-world negative effects for targeted groups.

• @ihatetonyy said:
    BuyVM, SecureDragon, x4b as a tunnel..

Niether of those have servers in Eueope. X4B is just a copy of CloudFlare probably with worse protection as their network would be smaller.

• @texteditor said:
    This kind of absolutist stance is dumb. Advocating and calls to action for genocide, exploitation of children, etc. actually do have real-world negative effects for targeted groups.

The site is against genocide... and aims for a postive effect in the real-world.

• @jater said:
    The site is against genocide...

That wasn't directed at you

@jater said:
    and aims for a postive effect in the real-world.

but come on, it's not like your run-of-the-mill Neo-Nazis/Anti-Muslims/KKK members don't think they are aiming for a positive effect in the real world.

Why don't you just be specific anyways since you created a burner account for this yesterday

• @jater said:
    Niether of those have servers in Eueope. X4B is just a copy of CloudFlare probably with worse protection as their network would be smaller.

You're shopping around for a DDoS-protected VPS (or hoping that if you get hit, free CloudFlare won't drop you) and a provider that will put up with something that you're saying is pretty controversial -- for $6.

You can't really afford to be too choosy. You can get 2GB for $6, but not many providers will deal with the possible legal ramifications of your site or take 20Gbit for the same price.

• @texteditor said:
    Why don't you just be specific anyways since you created a burner account for this yesterday

Fine. A pro-European right-wing nationalist site.

• @jater said:
    Fine. A pro-European right-wing nationalist site.

Europe is littered with facist groups with websites, why not ask around since they all likely have been in the same position as you?

• Also what ihatetonyy said is true, you can't be actively kicking beehives and expect someone to absorb all the stings when you only have $6 to give them for their efforts

• Who knows, it may not even get DDoSd.

• So just pay monthly and host-jump if/when things go south with each provider. It's not like your site won't get lost in the rest of the nationalist noise unless you have some unique, novel reason that kicking out the immigrants will fix the problems not caused by them that every other nationalist hasn't somehow thought of before.

• @jater said:
    Who knows, it may not even get DDoSd.

Then go with a host that Won't Give A Damn, Provided It's Legal™ - one or two have already solicited you in this thread.

• So, along the same lines as the BNP et al.? You should be fine hosting in the UK.

If not, 1984.is and other Icelandic based hosts would offer the most protection.

• jaterjater Member
    edited September 2013

@texteditor said:
    So just pay monthly and host-jump if/when things go south with each provider. It's not like your site won't get lost in the rest of the nationalist noise unless you have some unique, novel reason that kicking out the immigrants will fix the problems not caused by them that every other nationalist hasn't somehow thought of before.

<---- Removed by Moderators ------->

• @ElliotJ said:
    So, along the same lines as the BNP et al.? You should be fine hosting in the UK.

If not, 1984.is and other Icelandic based hosts would offer the most protection.

Yep, I emailed 1984.is, they look good.

• texteditortexteditor Member
    edited September 2013

@jater said:

Frankly if this is your concern you should spend less time blogging and more time organizing a white-person-only breeding program

Also, because a society full of drab white folk like myself would be a depressing, cultureless shithole

@texteditor said:

First, thank you for the kind words.
    Second, not sure if serious or just trolling. Making an idea illegal does not mean it will disappear as drugs abuse will not disappear if the drugs are illegal. It will only exacerbate the problem.
    We know what happens in the case of drugs, crime flourishes and many people end up in the street or in jails destroying their families with them, but it may not be so obvious in the case of ideas because we only think of ideas we cherish that will go underground and we need to fight for democracy so that doesnt happen.
    The first thing a right-wing supremacist will do when criticized after taking power will be to suppress free speech and we can all cringe at that thought, but this is because we cherish those ideas that will be silenced.
    Let's cross the line and join the racists and think through their perspective.
    Our ideas are forbidden because:

• We are right and the muslims/jews/christians/niggers/gays/east-europeans/whatever are afraid people will wake up and will overthrow the current impotent so-called "democracies" where only their point of view is legal;
    • They are afraid we will organize and beat up their repressive forces (police/carabinieri/gendarmes/etc) in our marches;
    • They are afraid we will meet each other and we will realize we are the big majority, not some fringes hate group that their media portrays us;
    • The ancient civilized people of Europe will once and for all throw away the asian scourge that plagued us for a millenium and a half;
    • The "democratic" parties will lose their immigrant lazy-bones support on state aid and will lose the elections.

I could go on. If their ideas are discussed openly and proven wrong with cold facts:

• Humanity did not appear in Europe hence all europeans are "immigrants";
    • Immigrants work more and for less money than "aboriginals", there might be some on state aid, but not much more than the "aboriginals" and mainly because the labour market is not open for them and have to work on the black market or do illegal activities;
    • They will see how few people refuse all arguments and are hell bent on destroying other categories of people thinking this way are doing a great job for them and their kids and especially how well educated and thoughtful are those;
    • They will see the contribution immigrants brought to their current lifestyle "jeopardized" by immigration;
    • They will see there is nothing to fear from gays, other cults, other nations, other ideas and, if they leave them alone, they can be friendly and nice people even defending them and their points of view in the name of free speech.
      Forbidding free speech works in both extremists's and secret agencies interests, people will believe democracy is obsolete/impotent to defend their rights and will turn to radical groups/dictatorships to do it and will see too late that those while very potent will not give a damn about their rights and will eliminate all "threats" equally diligently. That day they will unite with all the others, creating again a democratic society, convinced again that only working together and not ones against others it is possible to have any kind of right and peaceful lives.
    Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited September 2013

@jater said:

This discussion has been closed.