Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SpeedyKVM 50% off V-Dedi annually & $1 plan - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SpeedyKVM 50% off V-Dedi annually & $1 plan

Comments

• @wss , should I get this Box ? How does it compare to netcup 2500plus or alphavps 25 eur bf box , which is still in queue for deployment

• Great deal.

SpeedyKVM's VPSs are not incredibly cheap, but they provide reliable services.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • DaipuX said: Great deal.

SpeedyKVM's VPSs are not incredibly cheap, but they provide reliable services.

Agree! really reliable service, one of my storage VPS from SpeedyKVM (DAL-STOR 60):

jihchi@sk:~$ uptime
     02:00:28 up 242 days, 23:44,  3 users,  load average: 0.65, 0.26, 0.20

• I posted last night in my time, so I forgot to mention that I currently have 5 services at SpeedyKVM and they have been just working fine from beginning :-) I would highly recommend them.

Some might argue about their price might be changed anytime like their Wable brand. I think we will be fine at least in our pre-paid contract. I personally paid for the 3-year period for 3 storage boxes there, so I do not feel much hurt with the recent ZXHost issues.

Their V-Dedi plan is also great for the price (of course after discount). I had a V-Dedi 2 with SSD and the speed is great too. Thing that I don't like about this V-Dedi is that the L3 cache seems to be reduced to 4M instead of 8M on E3-1230 CPU, however it is not really a problem for my use-case. The 100TB transfer is also great, even I did not consume 1% of it :-)

Thanked by 1gisadik
  • @nhocconan said:

I personally paid for the 3-year period for 3 storage boxes.

Ditto. I'm still waiting for the next discount offer for DAL-STOR 60. Will pick up at least 2.

• @ThracianDog said:

@nhocconan said:

Ditto. I'm still waiting for the next discount offer for DAL-STOR 60. Will pick up at least 2.

Did you try the one they posted at http://buykvm.com/ ? I am not sure if it is still valid, but it worth trying. Or you can contact them directly. I am sure most provider will offer a good price for long-term commitment.

• @nhocconan said:
    Did you try the one they posted at http://buykvm.com/ ? I am not sure if it is still valid, but it worth trying. Or you can contact them directly. I am sure most provider will offer a good price for long-term commitment.

Yeah I used it when I got my first box and unfortunately, it's expired. I'm trying to be patient for another one but I don't think it will be happen again, according to @gisadik

• @yokowasis said:
    @wss , should I get this Box ? How does it compare to netcup 2500plus or alphavps 25 eur bf box , which is still in queue for deployment

I don't have one. The 2500+ is kind of annoying with the vCPUs.

• The dollar plan definitely seems cool for a VPN or something, but even for a VPN I wouldn't really want to reset it all up when that raid 0 fails. Even single disk would have been preferably to raid 0 in my opinion.

• @Setsura said:
    The dollar plan definitely seems cool for a VPN or something, but even for a VPN I wouldn't really want to reset it all up when that raid 0 fails. Even single disk would have been preferably to raid 0 in my opinion.

Then pay more and do just that.

Thanked by 2vimalware SpeedyKVM
  • Well... I ordered one of the 256 MB cheapos about 10 hours ago. Took until now to get up and running. Apparently, Centos 7 doesn't play nice in 256 MB. Seems like a decent value for the $ now that it's up and running, though. :)

Thanked by 1gisadik
  • CrabCrab Member
    edited December 2017

I have seven boxes with them on three year agreement. The network is absolutely great and uptime is excellent too. Very highly recommended for production systems!

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM gisadik
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Love my storage VPS with them. Had to quickly move 120GB this morning and was pushing 55MB/s constant to/from the VPS with no hiccups.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM gisadik
  • caracalcaracal Member
    edited December 2017

Thanks for the offers!

Just double-checking if mining allowed on V-Dedicated?

@gisadik

Thanked by 1gisadik
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@caracal said:
    Thanks for the offers!

Just double-checking if mining allowed on V-Dedicated?

@gisadik

Sure, knock yourself out. There is nobody on the system other than yourself.

edited December 2017

@ThracianDog said:

@nhocconan said:

We have that plan majorly discounted when you lock in the $4/month pricing for 3 years. That’s over 50% off compared to the $10/month pricing. Likely won’t be much more discounted than that with stock limited on that plan at this time.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Thanks @SpeedyKVM_Ryan

No love/discounts for the V-DEDI 4? :P

• How long would the coupon last for?

• Do I use all the resources independently?

• @Falzo interested?

Thanked by 1Falzo

@zhujiwiki said:
    Do I use all the resources independently?

Yes, only 1 customer per V-Dedi, so all resources are allocated to you.

@muffin said:
    How long would the coupon last for?

Depends on stock, I would act sooner than later if you are interested.

• @SpeedyKVM_Ryan there will be no offers in KVM VPS plans ?

• quickquick Member
    edited December 2017

@vanhels said:
    @SpeedyKVM_Ryan there will be no offers in KVM VPS plans ?

Especially for existing customers ?

• @Ympker said:
    @Falzo interested?

while I do think it's a decent offer at good pricing after the discount, I just don't have a need at this moment for something from that range. also, no raid - no interest. ;-)

Thanked by 2Ympker imok
  • @Falzo said:
    also, no raid - no interest. ;-)

I wish the have something cheaper with raid

• Fuck I think I might just snag one to do a huge VPN with all of my NATs and distcc them with a nice +20.. because what else am I gonna do?

Thanked by 2gisadik SpeedyKVM
  • FredQcFredQc Member
    edited December 2017

Well, good promos but it looks like they doubled the price on New York City Raid 10 SSD

I pay $10/mo for the NY62 without promo, but now it jumped to $20/mo

As much is I love SKVM, you better check for "false promotions" in future.

Old prices: https://web.archive.org/web/20170712213239/https://speedykvm.com/billing/cart.php?gid=7

Thanked by 3Yura corbpie dyu
  • gisadikgisadik Banned, Member

@FredQc said:
    Well, good promos but it looks like they doubled the price on New York City Raid 10 SSD

I pay $10/mo for the NY62 without promo, but now it jumped to $20/mo

As much is I love SKVM, you better check for "false promotions" in future.

Old prices: https://web.archive.org/web/20170712213239/https://speedykvm.com/billing/cart.php?gid=7

We launched the location with amazing prices to start covering costs of the location, we increased prices on NEW signups as the location filled up.

• Supply and demand.
    • Basic business sense.
    • Business 101.
    • How not to become a failed summer host.
    • Wanting to actually make a profit.

Take your pick, but just because we sold something cheap once doesn't mean we're obligated to do so for new customers a year later.

I feel like you were taking a dig at us for no reason to be /LET style cool/ or something.

• Shill alert

• williewillie Member
    edited December 2017

gisadik said: increased prices on NEW signups

It's less annoying if you do that openly ("Promo is now sold out! Instances still available at regular price of $X") instead of stealthily.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog