Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SpeedyKVM 50% off V-Dedi annually & $1 plan
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SpeedyKVM 50% off V-Dedi annually & $1 plan

nhocconannhocconan Member
edited December 2017 in Providers

Well, if you do not know, SpeedyKVM posted on Facebook their promotions this weekend:

• Use coupon VDEDI50 for 50% off V-Dedi 1, 1.b, 1.c, 1.d, or 2 on 12, 24, or 36-month plans!

• DAL-VOL 0 now just $1, limited time!!!!! https://SpeedyKVM.com

It is sweet! Just post here so you guys can take advantage of these.

EDIT:

I posted last night in my time, so I forgot to mention that I currently have 5 services at SpeedyKVM and they have been just working fine from beginning :-) I would highly recommend them.

Some might argue about their price might be changed anytime like their Wable brand. I think we will be fine at least in our pre-paid contract. I personally paid for the 3-year period for 3 storage boxes there, so I do not feel much hurt with the recent ZXHost issues.

Their V-Dedi plan is also great for the price (of course after discount). I had a V-Dedi 2 with SSD and the speed is great too. Thing that I don't like about this V-Dedi is that the L3 cache seems to be reduced to 4M instead of 8M on E3-1230 CPU, however it is not really a problem for my use-case. The 100TB transfer is also great, even I did not consume 1% of it :-)

Thanked by 2bersy szarka

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

36-month prepayment on the $1 plan

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

That's pretty damn yummy.. 10TB included? ShweetJeebus!

@Radi said:

Or $18/yr. Still not bad for what you get.

• @Radi said:

If you’re going to pay for anything upfront for three years, Incero’s one of the safest bets you’ll get, right?

Thanked by 2Junkless ryanarp
  • Is torrent allow there?

• @mrlongshen said:
    Is torrent allow there?

Read their tos

• @quick said:

@mrlongshen said:
    Is torrent allow there?

Read their tos

Ok..

• none of that stuff is worth it.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@Nekki said:

@Radi said:

If you’re going to pay for anything upfront for three years, Incero’s one of the safest bets you’ll get, right?

This is the assumption. Until you eventually get wabbled.

• @Radi said:

@Nekki said:

@Radi said:

This is the assumption. Until you eventually get wabbled.

That was clearly a bit of an experiment that didn’t pan out as expected. I think the 36 month guaranteed discount on AUTOSERVERS on Black Friday was a bit of a statement with respect to trying to clear the stigma around previous price increases. Either that or they just really wanted to fuck up @MikePT.

Thanked by 1quick
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2017

Nekki said: That was clearly a bit of an experiment that didn’t pan out as expected. I think the 36 month guaranteed discount on AUTOSERVERS on Black Friday was a bit of a statement with respect to trying to clear the stigma around previous price increases. Either that or they just really wanted to fuck up @MikePT.

We're still reselling Incero, I think that was what you said before.

• MikePT said: We're still reselling Incero, I think that was what you said before.

I don't recall, lots of people were saying stuff.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS

$12/yr, not $18/yr

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @WSS

$12/yr, not $18/yr

I'm sorry to hear about your disorder.

It's $18/yr for 1 year,

$15/yr for 2 years.

$12/yr for 3 years.

Thanked by 3quick brueggus bugrakoc
  • The $12/y 256MB server is meh compared to the black friday stuff we got. But the v-dedis are impressive.

• @willie said:
    The $12/y 256MB server is meh compared to the black friday stuff we got. But the v-dedis are impressive.

Did you miss that it comes with 10TB transfer?

• WSS said: Did you miss that it comes with 10TB transfer?

The small vps? Hmm, I guess that could be valuable to a certain type of user, even with the limited disk space of that plan. It could be a nice low-budget CDN edge node, for example. But yeah, I hadn't given much notice to it.

• YuraYura Member
    edited December 2017

@willie said:

WSS said: Did you miss that it comes with 10TB transfer?

The small vps? Hmm, I guess that could be valuable to a certain type of user, even with the limited disk space of that plan. It could be a nice low-budget CDN edge node, for example. But yeah, I hadn't given much notice to it.

1. Incero TOS are written by Genghis Khan but they never terminated an account unfairly. Not once. It's all the miserable envious people that give then bad press for years. Yes. I've been told.

2. The most reasonable and absolutely legal use case for such plan is as CDN edge node but what load it will be on the VPS to push 10TB in spikes? Speaking of CPU, IO and whatever else loads. Also, look at point 1.

I'm on a fence with them. Incero looks like a good and speedy host but not as approachable as Anthony, Dom, Jar, Chris and others.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @Yura said:
    2. The most reasonable and absolutely legal use case for such plan is as CDN edge node but what load it will be on the VPS to push 10TB in spikes? Speaking of CPU, IO and whatever else loads. Also, look at point 1.

Actual LITERAL Linux ISOs. I inadvertently linked to one of my builds on a forum trying to help out a small group of folks- along with a custom LEDE build. I burned through 3TB in a week.

I'm on a fence with them. Incero looks like a good and speedy host but not as approachable as Anthony, Dom, Jar, Chris and others.

I agree with this ideology. I wish they could afford to come half-close to these loss-leaders, because I am still a cheap ass. I'd still consider one just for serving static images of content to see how well it managed, and whether or not I was terminated for having free software linked from my site.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @Radi said:

Oh, well, then that totally busts my budget...

Thanked by 1WSS
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Yura said: Incero looks like a good and speedy host but not as approachable as Anthony, Dom, Jar, Chris and others

I'm surprised we've never heard from totally justified terminations on MXroute where I berated them needlessly. I think one recently was "Thanks for stealing food out of my daughter's mouth, thief. You've been listed on fraudrecord, never sign up again or your service will be terminated the very moment that I recognize that you did, with no notice." Credit card chargebacks because you're too shy or stupid to ask for a refund is literal theft, and it makes me super mad because just one can equal as many as 4 other customers having free service for the next year. Not that I can't take it, just that it pisses me off that someone else has the power to make that choice for me.

But if you don't generate enough brand loyalty and you handle normal and appropriate terminations in certain ways, you can generate more public complaints than others who are doing the same things but just handling it in slightly different ways. It's really incredible how subtle changes to technique can impact such things.

• gisadikgisadik Banned, Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:

@willie said:
    The $12/y 256MB server is meh compared to the black friday stuff we got. But the v-dedis are impressive.

Did you miss that it comes with 10TB transfer?

Exactly, VOL 0 is mostly used by people wanting to run their own VPN.

@mrlongshen said:
    Is torrent allow there?

No we don't allow illegal activity, we provide VPS for legitimate users only.

For legitimate users the service is a safe bet.

• LeeLee Veteran

gisadik said: No we don't allow illegal activity, we provide VPS for legitimate users only.

Not all torrenting is illegal. You are making assumptions.

gisadik said: For legitimate users the service is a safe bet.

Debatable.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Lee said: Not all torrenting is illegal

I was thinking it but I had to catch myself with a question I usually ask in such a case: If you can terminate 10,000 customers using it illegally before you hit 1 using it for something legal, is it really important to distinguish between legal and illegal usage of it? Most still offer perfectly acceptable HTTP downloads for Linux ISOs ;)

• LeeLee Veteran

jarland said: I was thinking

Yeah.

I made the statement knowing fine it probably would be illegal though...

• user123user123 Member
    edited December 2017

$39.50/month for V-DEDI 1.D (31GB/7TB/30TB BW @ 1gbps in Dallas) seems like a decent deal, even if there is no RAID.

• V-DEDICATED 1.E

>

32GB ECC RAM (31GB usable)

>

Xeon E3-1230 (8 CPU)

>

2TB SSD (1.8TB usable)

>

666TB Transfer, 1gbps Port

>

Full KVM Virtualization

666TB is the short way of saying 1gbps DEDICATED unmetered (full duplex). It's legit.

@Lee said:

gisadik said: No we don't allow illegal activity, we provide VPS for legitimate users only.

Not all torrenting is illegal. You are making assumptions.

True, but you know exactly what he/she meant and what I meant.

Legal torrenting is perfectly OK. But when someone on LET asks about torrenting I can assume it's illegal torrenting being referred to.. because, well, I'm not naive and that's what 99% of attempted torrenting on a VPS is.

We have no protocol limits or filters in place, so you can torrent all you want, but if it's illegal activity expect to be canned without a refund. I think even Lee and I can agree on this last point being the truth!

Thanked by 2Lee Falzo
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yep, Incero's network is great compared with almost everything else in US, if you want a VPN as a PoP to US or for CDN in US, they are great. The fact they offer generous transfers on that network also shows how solid the commits are.

• another idle box?

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM bersy