Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

my story for BF drama. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

my story for BF drama.

Comments

• earlier i was so tempted to use Gogs but with gitlab CI, i never look back.

• I use gitea instead of gogs or gitlab. better support than gogs, much less resources needed than gitlab.

• alpha110 said: gitea

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

• gitea is a fork of gogs and both uses much less resources compared to gitlab.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Impact was a good choice, Alex is a cool dude :)

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • impact is good and i am with them for morethan an year

but want to move one of my vps to EU region so that latency will be less and people saying KVM is better than ovz so want to give a try.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • @seenu said: move one of my vps to EU region so that latency will be less

That makes sense...

seenu said: people saying KVM is better than ovz

but this is subjective. You really need to think/analyze it more from your perspective and figure out if it applies. KVMs do give you more control at the OS level (kernel etc.) but at the app level, unless you really need a specific kernel feature/version (which most web serving type of tasks do not), it should not really matter. On a good (not oversold hold) host, OVZ will be snappier than KVM as it has less overhead. YMMV.

• personally i don't know much/i care much about kernel version etc.

I am running a gitlab instance at impact NYC region, where as we are located in India so want to move it to EU for latency.

and KVM for the reason i said.

• Where’s the drama? All I see is buyers remorse.

My hunger remains.

• I'm in the process of installing gitea on one of my BF idlers, so putting one of them to use is great! The doc says "2 CPU cores and 1GB RAM would be the baseline for teamwork." That still is enormous compared with something like Fossil (fossil-scm.org) but the target VPS is 1GB 1 core, which should be fine for a mostly single-user system. Or I can always migrate it to a bigger VPS.

Any comments about what features Gitea is missing compared with Github (which I don't use for personal projects)? Gogs was comparatively primitive when I used it last, but it looks like Gitea is further along.

I still don't understand why this stuff isn't just a handful of Python scripts shelling out to git commands, but whatever.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @seenu said:
    CrownCloud: gitlab says 2GB is enough to install but its failing because of memory limit.

so i purchased them to use properly but installation failing which is not in my hands.

Yeah, gitlab has become hoggier than usual in the last few months. So I've moved it off InceptionHosting 2gb KVM to Hetzner Dedi (feed on all that lovely RAM , crazy ruby)

You can try editing the gitlab.rb in /srv/gitlab with the official docker gitlab image and reduce unicorn workers to 1 . (I've never used the omnibus installer personally).

It fits into 2GB+2GB swap then (verified)

• You could try using Gogs/ Gitea

• @varwww said:
    You could try using Gogs/ Gitea

You could try reading the thread.

• UltraVPSUltraVPS Member, Patron Provider

seenu said: ultravps: paid on 25th, still yet to process and deduct money from paypal.

Can you please send me your order details? I would like to check what went wrong in your case. Thank you!

• williewillie Member
    edited November 2017

I got gitea installed (not fully configured yet), pretty nice, built version 1.3 from source. Main confusion was having to install some extra package to make the build process work.

Running "gitea web" shows a process with 165MB virtual and 45MB memory footprint, seems like insane bloat in absolute terms (Fossil uses around 2MB and includes a wiki and ticket system), but it's well within the capabilities of the 1GB VPS it's running in. I had been thinking of setting up gitweb but this is much nicer.

If anyone else uses Gitea maybe we should start a separate thread to exchange hints and tips.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I bought some thermal combats and some shit kicking boots and some hard waring vented gloves with knuckle protection.. only issue is that none of them have arrived yet and they won't be Debian compatible

• C'mon I wanna see some chargebacks

• JohnRoeJohnRoe Member
    edited November 2017

@WSS said:

@psycholyzern said:
    I bought the 1GB Virmach and I powered it off right away. Still thinking what I am gonna do with it. Since I missed all great deals due to my real life, I grabbed Virmach's a second after I saw the offer without thinking why would I need it.

What're you going to fit in 10GB?

Err, nothing?

• seenu said: alphavps: its been more than 5days, still its not up, they say their ubuntu 16 template is corrupted and said they will install manually and so far no response at all.

Same here and i don't think is just ubuntu template mine has a different distro, so who knows

• I agree, if you can't install windows on it it's useless

• my BF and CM experience have been great with VM and IH. I don't know what to do with $4/y deal with VM but with IH, I do have a plan on using it

• @drakula said:
    my BF and CM experience have been great with VM and IH. I don't know what to do with $4/y deal with VM but with IH, I do have a plan on using it

We should probably do a thread in a month’s time to see how many of the BF/CM servers have actually been put to use.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2017

Also, all the idling servers will be fine running an AchiveTeam Warrior.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • $4/y are good for VPN. Running gitlab workers on it? er uh ok...

• For what it's worth, I gave seenu a few examples on what to do with that 384MB machine (Stick wheezy on it, for one), and he's opted for a 1GB NY machine at VirMach. Sadly, they're DAMN SLOW AT TICKETS THESE LAST TWO DAYS.

• Sorry we are out of fries. Do you want tampons with that?

• @cheapwebdev said:
    Sorry we are out of fries. Do you want tampons with that?

I ordered sweet potato fries and you're going to make my sweet potato fries or I will shove your greasy face into a bag of them and cook them myself.

lol i took your job

• seenu said: i realized i can't install gitlab with 2gb ram so almost idle

Try gogs

• @WSS said:

@cheapwebdev said:

I ordered sweet potato fries and you're going to make my sweet potato fries or I will shove your greasy face into a bag of them and cook them myself.

lol i took your job

Hey. Feel free. Paycheck still coming into my accounts. Those tampons cost hellamore so I'll go be a tampon vendor and earn 2 paychecks with one job.

• @cheapwebdev said:

@WSS said:

@cheapwebdev said:

lol i took your job

Hey. Feel free. Paycheck still coming into my accounts. Those tampons cost hellamore so I'll go be a tampon vendor and earn 2 paychecks with one job.

Make sure to pick some up for @IAlwaysBeCoding. Diapers, too.