Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS - just plain crap - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS - just plain crap

2»

Comments

• OP you didn't mention what plan you were on. a $15/y one?

• 6ixth said: asking him if I'd actually be able to use my 4 cores for around 8 hours of the day.

If you srsly expected to do something like that, you are not knowledgeable enough to be using these unmanaged low end servers. It's shared hardware and there is no core fairy sprinkling extra cores into it made out of pixie dust. You are better off with a cheap dedi.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @willie said:

6ixth said: asking him if I'd actually be able to use my 4 cores for around 8 hours of the day.

If you srsly expected to do something like that, you are not knowledgeable enough to be using these unmanaged low end servers. It's shared hardware and there is no core fairy sprinkling extra cores into it made out of pixie dust. You are better off with a cheap dedi.

I think I know when a dedicated server is required, and it is in this instance. It's called trying to push my luck as much as I can before I am required to get the dedicated server offer :)

• Sounds like a touched a sensitive wire there ehhh? Chill

@WSS said:

@Hxxx said:
    Says the shilling guy. How is that virmach commission son?

You'll have to ask @Edmond, the dog rapist. These aren't bought under an affiliate code. Now kindly crawl back into your own ass and begin chewing.

• @Hxxx said:
    Sounds like a touched a sensitive wire there ehhh? Chill

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • What location? Is this the 100gb 4vcore vps offer?

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2017

It is not only plain crap but also downright, utterly, absolutely, completely, totally, really, thoroughly, positively, simply, unquestionably, undeniably crap.

Though they have no issue with taking your money and providing you sub-standard service if you are so moved to send them money. It may even work 40% of the time if your lucky.

Next time, do your homework first! :)

Cheers!

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Hxxx said:
    CVPS and HVH are good. @Nick_A to the rescue. Tell us OP, how much are you paying?

sup?

• @Nick_A said:

@Hxxx said:
    CVPS and HVH are good. @Nick_A to the rescue. Tell us OP, how much are you paying?

sup?

@Nick_A 800Mhz worth of flaccid.

• Wrong Nick guys.

Thanked by 2brueggus Nick_A
  • @Nick_A sorry that I tagged you SSD GOD.

@WSS lol

• @Nick

@AuroraZ said:
    Wrong Nick guys.

• Probably depends on location or the fact that they didn't limit that offer. It was up for a while. Perhaps it's getting benched like crazy right now.

• @WSS said:
    Welcome to LET. Avoid most virtual things available by our sponsor owner, and have a great day!

Maybe we should recommend Hostodo while we are at it?

• NickNick Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2017

@phez - Sorry to hear that brother, PM me any info in regards to your account and I'll gladly check out your account when I'm in the office next if interested, thanks!

Anyone else with issues is welcome to do the same so I can personally assist you, we got new nodes online yesterday to take the overflow.

• @phez said:
    opened support tickets which was met back with "its fine, I can ping it"...

Guess its just one of those providers.... move along if you need something semi-serious id say.

Yep, I used them sometime back. And they are on my NEVER again list. Hopefully @Nick can fix you up though. Usually seems he sincerely wants to help. It's sad you have to come here though, to get support...

Thanked by 1Nick
  • @cheapwebdev said:

@WSS said:
    Welcome to LET. Avoid most virtual things available by our sponsor owner, and have a great day!

I never had a problem with Hassan. Then again, I used it for a few months, many months ago.

• @kendid said:

@phez said:
    opened support tickets which was met back with "its fine, I can ping it"...

Guess its just one of those providers.... move along if you need something semi-serious id say.

Yep, I used them sometime back. And they are on my NEVER again list. Hopefully @Nick can fix you up though. Usually seems he sincerely wants to help. It's sad you have to come here though, to get support...

Nick gets shit done, and done right.

Thanked by 1Nick
  • @WSS said:

@cheapwebdev said:

@WSS said:

I never had a problem with Hassan. Then again, I used it for a few months, many months ago.

Now when you say used.. were you using or getting used? Common misconception.

• @cheapwebdev said:

@WSS said:

@cheapwebdev said:

@WSS said:

If we both got something out of it..

• @WSS said:

@cheapwebdev said:

@WSS said:

@cheapwebdev said:

@WSS said:

If we both got something out of it..

Typical line when you wake up like this...

• GOD DAMMIT @NEKKI YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T SHARE THE PHOTOS!

AuroraZ said: Wrong Nick guys.

haha

• @Nick_A Wait- You aren't working for CVPS anymore?

Thanked by 2brueggus mikho

WSS said: @Nick_A Wait- You aren't working for CVPS anymore?

Wow

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • @Nick_A said:

WSS said: @Nick_A Wait- You aren't working for CVPS anymore?

Wow

C'mon, play along!