Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS - just plain crap
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS - just plain crap

After spending 2 days migrating hosts, ChicagoVPS is just a waste of time. Should have done my homework as another popular hosting forum has multiple negative reviews. I have 20GB of data and its taken more than 6.5 hours (and counting!!!) to back up locally. Have 100GB of diskspace. Have also faced multiple network dropouts, opened support tickets which was met back with "its fine, I can ping it"...

Guess its just one of those providers.... move along if you need something semi-serious id say.

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

phez said: Should have done my homework

Indeed.

• CVPS is hit and miss. I've had extremely good luck with the provider and have been with them for 4 years. I also know plenty of people who have had poor experiences

Thanked by 2netomx Nick
  • LeeLee Veteran

To be fair I have had decent services from them in the past, but as above it is really hit or miss. It's never great though, either just usable or awful.

Thanked by 1Nick
  • Welcome to LET. Avoid most virtual things available by our sponsor owner, and have a great day!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Well, that's what you get when you shop on LowEndBox instead of LowEndTalk on Black Friday!

• @raindog308 said:
    Well, that's what you get when you shop on LowEndBox instead of LowEndTalk on Black Friday!

LEB me once, shame on you. LEB me twice, shame on me.

Thanked by 3netomx MichaelCee Nekki
  • nyvpsusernyvpsuser Member
    edited March 2018

@raindog308 said:

It's about time for LowEndBox to feature December "specials" isn't it?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris to tell us how all his customers are perfectly satisfied and the OP's post is an illusion.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @raindog308 said:
    @CVPS_Chris to tell us how all his customers are perfectly satisfied and the OP's post is an illusion.

God stop calling him...

• I've been with them for about two years, their server's performance is not so good but usable, I don't like their support team, it's difficult to communicate with them most time.

• Had a VPS with them for 1 day. Google searches were only possible with captchas due to "suspicious activiy" from the server ?! Connection is mega slow and so is the CPU with 90 points from CineBench R15. Totally crap.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited November 2017

CVPS and HVH are good. @Nick_A to the rescue. Tell us OP, how much are you paying?

• HVH is fine.. as long as you realize you're not getting what you think you're getting.

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited November 2017

I wish I seen this yesterday, I just bought 3 servers from them. I messaged Nick about using cores and he literally replied with 'You can go ahead but you'll be lucky' LOL.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2017

@WSS said:
    HVH is fine.. as long as you realize you're not getting what you think you're getting.

The 800 MHz côtés on their hybrid servers are technically dedicated :P

• @doghouch said:

@WSS said:
    HVH is fine.. as long as you realize you're not getting what you think you're getting.

Have you seen 800Mhz-grade throughput?

• @6ixth said:
    I wish I seen this yesterday, I just bought 3 servers from them. I message Nick about using cores and he literally replied with 'You can go ahead but you'll be lucky' LOL.

Does that count as "knowledgeable and honest customer service"?

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited November 2017

@nyvpsuser said:

@6ixth said:
    I wish I seen this yesterday, I just bought 3 servers from them. I message Nick about using cores and he literally replied with 'You can go ahead but you'll be lucky' LOL.

Does that count as "knowledgeable and honest customer service"?

My words were a tad wrong, copy paste below from me asking him if I'd actually be able to use my 4 cores for around 8 hours of the day.

'Welcome to try but doubt you'll get enough power'.

• @WSS said:

@doghouch said:

@WSS said:

Have you seen 800Mhz-grade throughput?

Jesus, iOS’ French autocorrect is pissing me off now.

The answer to your question would be yes (I’ve used Pentium 3 machines before.).

• @doghouch said:
    The answer to your question would be yes (I’ve used Pentium 3 machines before.).

Well, then they're doing what their sales blurb says. Caveat emptor!

• Just remember it all comes down to what you pay. If you are paying premium and by premium I mean over $50 for a VPS with low specs and over a $hundred for a basic dedi, don't expect providers to do miracles. This is LET and the majority of time, pretty sure is like a 90%, you buy service without support.

• @Hxxx said:
    Just remember it all comes down to what you pay. If you are paying premium and by premium I mean over $50 for a VPS with low specs and over a $hundred for a basic dedi, don't expect providers to do miracles. This is LET and the majority of time, pretty sure is like a 90%, you buy service without support.

This, from the guy shitting all over Black Friday, and Cyber Monday. MODS-IP CHECK PLS

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @Hxxx said:
    Just remember it all comes down to what you pay. If you are paying premium and by premium I mean over $50 for a VPS with low specs and over a $hundred for a basic dedi, don't expect providers to do miracles. This is LET and the majority of time, pretty sure is like a 90%, you buy service without support.

I understand this, I don't expect support when ordering from LET but I do expect the service itself to run. They decide to sell at extremely cheap prices, not us. I haven't actually used my server yet so I hope I have a better experience than these gentlemen.

• @WSS said:

@doghouch said:

(Not that they were particularly fast CPUs compared to modern processors)

• @doghouch said:

@WSS said:

@doghouch said:

Scummy and illegal are still two different definitions.

• Says the shilling guy. How is that virmach commission son?

@WSS said:

@Hxxx said:

This, from the guy shitting all over Black Friday, and Cyber Monday. MODS-IP CHECK PLS

• @Hxxx said:
    Says the shilling guy. How is that virmach commission son?

You'll have to ask @Edmond, the dog rapist. These aren't bought under an affiliate code. Now kindly crawl back into your own ass and begin chewing.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • @WSS said:

@doghouch said:

@WSS said:

@doghouch said:

I never said that HudsonValleyHost wasn’t scummy :P

• @doghouch said:

@WSS said:

@doghouch said:

@WSS said:

@doghouch said:

I never said that HudsonValleyHost wasn’t scummy :P

What's that about big kittycats changing their spots..