Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be careful of CentrioHost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Be careful of CentrioHost

I noticed a little piece of info on CentrioHost's Facebook offering Free Hostbill AIO to all resellers and up. This sounded fishy to me since the software is several thousands of dollars. In their downloads section they had the software for HostBill, WHMCS, ClientExec etc. Once you go to download it, you aren't given any license information just the software files which I assumed where nulled.

I reached out to HostBill before putting up the software and they sent me an email saying they don't offer any reseller package nor where CentrioHost authorized in distributing the software.

I noticed today CentrioHost removed the downloads and changed the wording on their Facebook posts but remnants of the previous communications and files remain.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

This from the same company that sold underpriced wildcard SSL certs here, got angry when people opened tickets, and closed everyone's account without refund while calling everyone "cunts" (and not in a cute way).

• @ElliotJ... Told you...

• @jarland said:
    This from the same company that sold underpriced wildcard SSL certs here, got angry when people opened tickets, and closed everyone's account without refund while calling everyone "cunts" (and not in a cute way).

I took great pleasure in reading your 2013 responses last week. :') Made for some great evening entertainment

• Just because it would be funny @CentrioHost

• Isn't this that fucker who was spamming the forums like no tomorrow with their goddamn image placeholder that had nothing to do with what the person might have been requesting?

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:
    Isn't this that fucker who was spamming the forums like no tomorrow with their goddamn image placeholder that had nothing to do with what the person might have been requesting?

Yup.

• @WSS said:
    Isn't this that fucker who was spamming the forums like no tomorrow with their goddamn image placeholder that had nothing to do with what the person might have been requesting?

Yup.

• ForwardWebForwardWeb Member, Host Rep

Wow havent seen the name Centrio Host in awhile, when I was more active on web hosting forums about 5-6 years ago, their name would come up often for being very shady (using nulled scripts, double billing and straight up lying about where their business was located). I even had a few run ins with their "owner" way back when (obviously made quite an impression) and not in a good way for me to remember him.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Gee, now this is some piracy...

• Had a ticket open with them to get access to certificates, but just saw this post, thanks for the heads up.

• @caniac22 It was offered in the past. But no longer supported.

@jarland We dont close any customers account. Team management changed at 2016.

We have good reputation at local market. It seems this ID "caniac22" joined Lowendtalk at Nov 25 and his main intention is to give bad reputation for us. Various user from Lowendtalk already enjoy our Blackfriday and Cybermonday offers.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

CentrioHost said: We dont close any customers account

Oh I should be able to login then, right? ;)

CentrioHost said: his main intention is to give bad reputation for us

Which parts are false and how are they incorrect?

• @CentrioHost said:
    @caniac22 It was offered in the past. But no longer supported.

@jarland We dont close any customers account. Team management changed at 2016.

We have good reputation at local market. It seems this ID "caniac22" joined Lowendtalk at Nov 25 and his main intention is to give bad reputation for us. Various user from Lowendtalk already enjoy our Blackfriday and Cybermonday offers.

Look at me getting caught offering scripts I should have never offered let me deflect the attention. Yes I registered recently but I have come to these forums for a while at least 4 years. I have a Vps from CVPS that was offered 4 years ago here.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

They've actually be a LET member since 2012.

I think every mod but me has banned them at some point in time. @jarland, @ishaq, @jcaleb, and @mpkossen all did over the years.

To quote them back in 2013:

"How you asshole found we do scam? If this is the case there will be 3000 open thread over LET about our scamming and we will hide in grave too! Asshole, oil your own machine. We dont keep invalid customer and inactive customer account on here. And word like "cunts!" suitable after your name. Asshole freak."

ASSHOLE FREAK! OIL YOUR OWN MACHINE! That would make a king hell T-shirt.

I think I'll just reply to their recently submitted provider tag request with a link to this thread...

Thanked by 2jcaleb vRozenSch00n
  • @jarland Could you please inbox me the service email, so that I can take a further look? As because the team is changed I need to take a deep look what was happened with it. If any service not provided to you, definitely you should get a refund. We are not using any offensive words to our customers.

We provide downloads for those files are incorrect. Its only message were displaying. But there is no downloads inside it. Its discontinued.

• @CentrioHost said:
    @jarland Could you please inbox me the service email, so that I can take a further look? As because the team is changed I need to take a deep look what was happened with it. If any service not provided to you, definitely you should get a refund. We are not using any offensive words to our customers.

We provide downloads for those files are incorrect. Its only message were displaying. But there is no downloads inside it. Its discontinued.

The file was there 2 days ago. I've got it sitting in my downloads folder. It was deleted only after HostBill sent a cease to exist

• @raindog308 Im extremely sorry what was happened with this ID before, because this ID shifted to me back in 2016 when the team is changed. Our FBFanpage also had a notice about it. If such offensive words used in any threads, I personally request Forgiveness because these is actually not our service level mean to be. Our current customers are satisfied with our service. We are trying our best to ensure that.

• @caniac22 The downloads were provided from there are TRIAL version. We dont provide any pirated content from our website.

• @CentrioHost said:
    @caniac22 The downloads were provided from there are TRIAL version. We dont provide any pirated content from our website.

Not what the Facebook post that was edited this morning said....

• edited November 2017

I still remember how they remove the ssl, remove my service, and kindly removed all my email+transaction on their whmcs.

Very nice of them to "clean" me

So, you are saying, that cureent you, is not you in the past? How can we be sure?

Any guarantee?

• Sweet drama

• "Call me Caitlin"

Thanked by 2raindog308 jar
  • @ErawanArifNugroho Please take a look into 2016 posts of CentrioHost facebook fanpage, we have new team new setup, we announced that before. Kindly inbox me your email address and what was the service you had with us. I will definitely try to takecare this problem. 2013 there were different team who did this to you. Please inbox me your service details.

• CentrioHostCentrioHost Member
    edited November 2017

@caniac22 Hello Caitlin, its because we had a conversion from HostBill, they informed what was provided in downloads, we informed them regarding the Trail version of the script. They informed us to edit the facebook page to avoid any confusion and thats why the status was updated.

• Even worse - the discounts CentrioHost offered this Black Friday were non-recurring!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @nyvpsuser We will offer recurring vps and shared hosting promotion with our Xmas offerings.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@CentrioHost said:
    @nyvpsuser We will offer recurring vps and shared hosting promotion with our Xmas offerings.

Will that come with cracked software or nawh?

• @Rhys No cracked materials sir.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2017

@CentrioHost said:
    @caniac22 Hello Caitlin, its because we had a conversion from HostBill, they informed what was provided in downloads, we informed them regarding the Trail version of the script. They informed us to edit the facebook page to avoid any confusion and thats why the status was updated.

Hostbill does not offer trials, as going to there site informs us directly there is no trial downloads.

the rules state pirated/nulled software is a immediate permban.
    I think CentrioHost should have known that is what happens but oh well.

look:
    Proof of no Trials!

Q: Does HostBill offer a trial?
    A: No. HostBill does not provide a trial, however it comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. If you would like to request a refund, you can contact them through their support portal via a ticket.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • CentrioHostCentrioHost Member
    edited November 2017

@cubedata There were a trial version available. And we had that with us.

However there is no downloads for those scripts from our website.

Correction: Trial version meant to be installation copy comes with our one-click script installation program. It requires license key from Hostbill to install. We are sorry to mention this keyword "TRIAL". Its just a installation copy require license from Hostbill to install. Sorry for the mess.