Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another French budget dedi provider! FirstHeberg - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another French budget dedi provider! FirstHeberg

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

Their automated reinstallation system is awesome!!
    What I wanted is to make a small 20GB RAID1 for the root filesystem, and use the remaining space as non-RAID (or RAID0, or even some BTRFS RAID, didn't decide yet)...
    I was concerned that in the RAID1 config their system will insist on making software RAID out of the whole sda and sdb block-devices, which would make the above either troublesome or impossible. But nope, the reinstall created /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1 (20GB each), and made /dev/md1 out of those two.
    Which means the rest of both drives (sda2, sdb2 etc) is completely free to use in any way I like :)

• still being OVH

Registrar of Record: OVH.

Name Server:
    DNS15.OVH.NET (has 1,381,214 domains)
    NS15.OVH.NET (has 1,381,214 domains)

• YellowSlothYellowSloth Member
    edited August 2013

@dedicados said:
    still being OVH

Registrar of Record: OVH.

Name Server:
    DNS15.OVH.NET (has 1,381,214 domains)
    NS15.OVH.NET (has 1,381,214 domains)

What about you scroll up a couple posts

• skaska Member
    edited August 2013

@dedicados said:
    still being OVH

Thanked by 1rm_
  • haha i read them,

FirstHeberg is a former client of OVH. Now they have opened their Datacenter.

but still being there.

• @dedicados said:
    haha i read them,

>

FirstHeberg is a former client of OVH. Now they have opened their Datacenter.

but still being there.

A lot of that didn't make sense?

How do you know they were a former client?

• They are not a former client of OVH. They are a current client of OVH - because they bought the domain from OVH. That's it.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@dedicados you bringing shame to the Mexican people. Did you vote for the cutey pie Peña Nieto? :p

• Their automated reinstallation system is awesome!!

I agree. Reinstalls are very fast and the partitioning tool works much better than OVH's buggy partitioning tool. Hetzner's command line installimage is still my favorite dedicated server OS reinstaller though.

• @rds100 said:
    They are not a former client of OVH. They are a current client of OVH - because they bought the domain from OVH. That's it.

I can confirm that it is a former client of OVH. You can ask them.

Firsthebeg rented servers at OVH

I can confirm that it is a former client of OVH.

What is your point in the first place? Now they have their own DC, servers and network. This is what they now sell. Not reselling OVH or anything like that. So why does it matter if some time in the past they used OVH for something?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @DomainBop said:
    I agree. Reinstalls are very fast and the partitioning tool works much better than OVH's buggy partitioning tool. Hetzner's command line installimage is still my favorite dedicated server OS reinstaller though.

Attention CentOS does not work in Firsthebergh.

I have a server in FirstHeberg with CentOS, and I have a lot of problem.

OpenVZ is not working, problem with the Kernel.

There is RAID 0 works, RAID 1 does not work.

The "Quota" function does not work

I have a server in FirstHeberg with CentOS, and I have a lot of problem.

From what I can tell they offer unmanaged servers, if these are all problems with CentOS inside your server, it's your responsibility to find the solution. E.g. for OpenVZ and Quota you may need to find and install an updated/different kernel. Not sure what's the problem that you have with RAID1, but I confirmed RAID1 works fine with Debian.

• udkudk Member

CentOS is a steaming pile of shit

Nice offer though!

• @rm_ said:
    From what I can tell they offer unmanaged servers, if these are all problems with CentOS inside your server, it's your responsibility to find the solution. E.g. for OpenVZ and Quota you may need to find and install an updated/different kernel. Not sure what's the problem that you have with RAID1, but I confirmed RAID1 works fine with Debian.

FirstHeberg confirmed bugs.

It is not possible to compile the Kernel. There is a compatibility problem with a network card.

After the server will not start ...

It is not possible to compile the Kernel. There is a compatibility problem with a network card.

OK, don't know about you and your CentOS, but in Debian I have already installed my own compiled 3.10.6 kernel and it runs absolutely fine on my server.

• @udk said:
    CentOS is a steaming pile of shit

Nice offer though!

I want to order more servers, and I want to install:

WHM/Cpanel

Webuzzo

Virtualizor

I need CentOS

• @netomx said:
    dedicados you bringing shame to the Mexican people. Did you vote for the cutey pie Peña Nieto? :p

jaja, para lo que me importa lo que piensen, si a ti te estresa dime.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Claro que no! Jajaajaj yo siempre juego xD sólo Si te digo que es en serio, lo es. Sino estoy jugando xD

• @rm_ said:
    OK, don't know about you and your CentOS, but in Debian I have already installed my own compiled 3.10.6 kernel and it runs absolutely fine on my server.

Thank you for your reply.

Did you try with a OpenVZ kernel?

I wonder if it's my server or CentOS which has a bug.

thank you

• I wonder if it's my server or CentOS which has a bug.

check the CentOS forums and mailing lists to see if there are any reported bugs with the driver, card and kernel combination you're using

lspci | grep Ethernet
    ethtool -i ethX
    uname -a

My server came with a RTL8111/8168B ethernet card and I know there were some problems with this card and some CentOS 2.6.x kernel versions but I think there is an updated driver for the card

• I have the same network card (RTL8111/8168B).

Can you explain me how to compile a kernel OpenVZ, with the drive of the network card.

Thank you for your help

• Ya'll need to thank my first post more.

Thanked by 1DomainBop
  • This moment the register page,there is no China、USA.....in the country choice list :(

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited October 2013

@YellowSloth said:
    Ya'll need to thank my first post more.

Why? Can you redeem them for free pizza?

@woochun said:
    This moment the register page,there is no China、USA.....in the country choice list :(

There's no India either. :(

Do they ask for any identification documents to prove your address?

• @joelgm said:
    Do they ask for any identification documents to prove your address?

No,i can not to finish the registration with current country choice.

• @woochun said:

No,i can not to finish the registration with current country choice.

I didn't quite get that. Kindly rephrase?

• I just sent a mail about that,see what will happen.

• @woochun said:
    I just sent a mail about that,see what will happen.

I sent them 3mails 2weeks ago and still no reply.

• Oops.......