Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of non SolusVM/WHMCS providers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

List of non SolusVM/WHMCS providers

2»

Comments

• @sman said:
    Now I remember, you are one of those OpenVZ haters. Ok that explains it. Whatever works for you.

(sigh) Wrong. As a matter of fact, I do not "hate" anything. I don't feel/express that strong emotions, it's meaningless.

OpenVZ lacks support for several kernel modules I prefer to use. Its developers do not consider supporting those in the foreseeable future. Thus I prefer virtualization where I have more freedom over what I run.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • smansman Member
    edited August 2013

@Master_Bo said:

lol...let me paraphrase "I don't hate it and here are the reasons I hate it".

Ok I'm done. Nuff time wasted here on these stupid techo jihad debates. Some day I will learn to just avoid them because of the accomplish nothingness of it all.

• @sman said:
    lol...let me paraphrase "I don't hate it and here are the reasons I hate it".

It's just a flight of your fantasy. It has nothing to do with what I actually state about OpenVZ/whatever.

Ok I'm done.

Unlikely, since you are fond of twisting others' words to your pleasure.

Nothing personal.

Have a nice day.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @Giulio said:
    So every time i have to configure Dropbear SSH to start before boot, which often is a pain and stupid too because i reboot a bex less than one every six months.

cough apt-get install dropbear cough

At least with all my installs, so long as there's a dhcpd, dropbear starts with ramdisk-up.

• Assuming that you're using ubuntu/debian, and i don't.

• @jmginer said:
    Proxmox is a good alternative to SolusVM, but the WHMCS plugin is made by a third party and I dont like this.

The hostbill module works pretty well. I hope WHMCS could do an official module though :/, this third party module for WHMCS is like $9 a month, pretty expensive.

• lsb_release_alsb_release_a Member
    edited September 2013

Hi,

Don't forget what happened to WHMCS is not a hack of their software. It was a security issue on the side of their hosting company, Hostgator : http://www.hostgator.com/

Someone was able to call them, and reset the root password by phone... ...this should never happen, no matter wich hosting company you are using. ...and should never happen at a major provider like hostgator : i mean... ...they don't have security out there? They reset root password by phone without having to open a ticket, or login anywhere????

I think the emphasis concerning this hack should be ported to hostgator, and not whmcs : cause it's hostgator fault, and not whmcs fault.

We see nothing praticaly concerning hostgator : too many peoples no longer like whmcs now, while they should blame hostgator instead. Seems like WHMCS on it's side was with hostgator because they were doing promotion for them, as far as i can see, they were very good partner to promote their software. I think that's something normal to go with a partner who do everything they can to make good promotion to help you... ...if this provider is a major one, i can understand whmcs decided to use their services, to promote them back!

There was also a host based protection on the server, as per whmcs. ...so it's really hostgator security you need to blame :P

Damian: Yes, most software had security flaws in the past but i don't remember many companies that have been victim of a theft of about 500k customers credit cards (for who don't remember https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UGNazi#WHMCS_leak).

For 'security' in my mind actually ovh is in a blacklist too: http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=5070