List of non SolusVM/WHMCS providers
basically i hate both for the following reasons:
1) They are like "the starter kit for the young provider". It seems like everyone think that to enter the lowend business they have to buy a server, get their SolusVM/WHMCS license (when not just download a nulled copy) and start overselling at low prices.
I know there are also serious providers like prometeus (which i used too) that uses that crappy software, but how many others are there?
2) Horrible security. Anyone who knows PHP also knows that passing unescaped input to exec() or to a sql query is one of the worst idea possible. I wonder how they can still seriously sell their code after that.
Also WHMCS in the past had serious flaws too and while i do my best to keep my boxes secure it seems stupid to me getting hacked trough my upstream provider, which should be even better protected than me.
3) Everything looks the same. WHMCS and SolusVM are in hosting what the twitter boostrap is for web design. Seems like veryone have just to upload their own copy and it's done.
I know design it's not so important, but hey, you invest a lot of money in servers, you can spend some bucks for a good theme or a good designer. Marketing should be important too.
4) SolusVM is limitated. I mostly use KVM and for example, i would like to use my custom ISO but i never can.
5) SolusVM VNC does not use an encrypted connection because it's "for emergency only".
Since i need to do full disk encryption on my boxes sounds crazy to me to send the key cleartext.
So every time i have to configure Dropbear SSH to start before boot, which often is a pain and stupid too because i reboot a bex less than one every six months.
6) Please correct me if i am wrong but with SolusVM is impossible to manage and buy dedicated subnet if you own multiple vps.
7) SolusVM is IonCube encoded, so a provider theorically can't even check its security on his own.
So, let's start with the list. (some have the same lack of features as SolusVM like the possibility of custom ISO)
EDIT: After some of you pointed out some of them use WHCMS. So assume that this is list is for just SolusVM-free providers.
gridlane.com (which is not in LEB prices but still affordable)
Any other else?